Derby County

Sweepy

Part-time Grapeviner
Joined
27 Feb 2001
Messages
15,321
Reaction score
9
Location
The Beautiful South

Derby County

Something has seriously gone wrong at that club. Not even Jewell looks like turning it around.

And no sign of an upset at Pride Park tonight either - Lincoln City have taken the lead. Comparatively, they seem in as much of a state as Chester, and I am thinking sticking a few quid on them being relegated.
 

Derby County

Big upset on now - Derby in front against Lincoln during extra-time. ;)
 

Derby County

they shouldn't have sacked Billy Davies.
 

Derby County

they shouldn't have sacked Billy Davies.

To be honest, things were going wrong for Derby before they even reached the Premiership. They developed a big losing habit over the final weeks of their promotion-winning campaign from the Championship, eventually stumbling through via the play-offs. They have turned it around tonight, but I am still watching them closely.
 

Derby County

Will now play in the I pro stadium after selling the naming rights for £7m in a 10 year deal.this is one of the things I hate about calling your ground after a sponsor is that it continually changes.I hope we don't go down that road
 

Derby County

Will now play in the I pro stadium after selling the naming rights for £7m in a 10 year deal.this is one of the things I hate about calling your ground after a sponsor is that it continually changes.I hope we don't go down that road

It will still be called Pride Park by the fans...
 

Derby County

A bit like when a pub changes its name, everyone refers to its original name.
Naming rights for a stadium is money for old rope really.
Always thought Reading missed a trick by naming it after the owner,especially when they have loads of big blue chip companies etc on their doorstep. But apparently he insisted on it!
 

Derby County

Can call a stadium whatever they want providing someone pays the cash. I say I am going to Brentford not Griffin Park

The Pipe stadium has a nice ring to it !!!!!!!!!!
 

Derby County

Can call a stadium whatever they want providing someone pays the cash. I say I am going to Brentford not Griffin Park

The Pipe stadium has a nice ring to it !!!!!!!!!!

Especially for 7m quid. The Heathrow stadium hmmmmmmm. Maybe not.
 

Derby County

How many people go The Coral Windows Stadium in Bradford? I've always been to Valley Parade. Although on the other hand The Emirates has always stuck rather than Ashburton Grove, do the Mancs refer to the Ethiad as that or Eastlands?
 

Derby County

It'll be a pain in the arse to have to keep changing the name of this won't it?
 

Derby County

How many people go The Coral Windows Stadium in Bradford? I've always been to Valley Parade. Although on the other hand The Emirates has always stuck rather than Ashburton Grove, do the Mancs refer to the Ethiad as that or Eastlands?

Emirates has stuck as that was the name from the beginning, wasn't it? If we get to Lionel Rd, I'd accept almost any name if the money were good enough, as Lionel Rd is a location rather than a name to me - the main stand must surely be the Matthew Benham Stand though
 

Derby County

It'll be a pain in the arse to have to keep changing the name of this won't it?

a very very very minor irritation in the grand scheme of things.

Lionel Road will always be known as "Susan" to me :love2:
 

Derby County

Especially for 7m quid. The Heathrow stadium hmmmmmmm. Maybe not.

it's only £700k a year though

I hope we have two names ie simply lionel rd and then sell the rights every few years
 
Last edited:

Derby County

iPro Stadium isn't too bad a name and for those that do use it, it'll soon become "the iPro". Names like the Sports Direct Arena are far more corporate. Interesting that nobody has a problem with ground names when they're sponsored from the off, like the Emirates. "The Etihad" has taken over from Eastlands as well.
 

Derby County

Emirates has stuck as that was the name from the beginning, wasn't it? If we get to Lionel Rd, I'd accept almost any name if the money were good enough, as Lionel Rd is a location rather than a name to me - the main stand must surely be the Matthew Benham Stand though

Another stand should be the Brian Burgess Stand. IF we get the green light of course.
 

Derby County

I'm happy with four "Your name here" stands!
 
Back
Top Bottom