Eduardo..

Eduardo..

dasilva_entrada230208_ES.jpg


Someone please tell me that´s his boot coming off. I refuse to look at the video.

But you'll post a graphic picture??? :rolleyes: :confused:
 

Eduardo..

Taylor was sent off because the referee saw the injury.
Not for the challenge.

Looking back on it, if Eduardo jumps straight back up injury free, Taylor would get away with a booking.
 

Eduardo..

Not get away with a booking, it would only be a booking.

Personally I still think it is a booking. As I said, he was only sent off because of the extent of the injury, and not the actual tackle.

It is a terrible tackle, but I've seen a lot worse and only yellows given.
 

Eduardo..

Do you think Birmingham will appeal the sending off?
 

Eduardo..

In this day and age that type of challenge is usually a red card. Taylor is off the ground and studs up.

Horrific injury I reckon the leg and ankle are in both in pieces. it wouldn't surprise me if he's out for a year.
 

Eduardo..

Can someone get that picture off here. I had managed to avoid seeing it all day till now.
 

Eduardo..

Fair play to Wenger. I wonder if Eduardo will ever play again.

More than likely, that's the end of Eduardo's playing career; dreadful injury, but I don't think delierately inflicted. Wenger was wrong (but understandable) to make his original statement and right to withdraw it.
 

Eduardo..

If Taylor had not broken Eduardo's leg, everyone would have been saying that it was a terrible challenge which has no place in the game.
Now it appears that everyone is trying to spare Taylor's feelings by saying that it wasn't deliberate.
We've seen far too many of these tackles this season, and it was predictable that someone was going to be badly hurt eventually.
Also, I would be a lot more impressed with Wenger's moans had he condemned Eboue's deliberate assault on John Terry earlier this season.
 

Eduardo..

More than likely, that's the end of Eduardo's playing career

Players have come back from injuries that bad before. OK, Dave Busst didn't, but Larsson and Bullard both did. I was watching the Football Focus feature on the latter just at the time Eduardo suffered his injury.
 

Eduardo..

Its a bit premature to say his career is over lets wait and see what the docs say, I think its curtains for Arsenals title prospects though.

As for the tackle it was a bad one, studs up deserved a red card nothing else and Wenger was justified in his comments at that time as he was angry, I would be too if the ref gives a penalty that wasnt in the last minute and failed to spot a stone wall pen 1 minute earlier at the ether end but fair enough he realised he went OTT with Taylor
 

Eduardo..

If Taylor had not broken Eduardo's leg, everyone would have been saying that it was a terrible challenge which has no place in the game.
Now it appears that everyone is trying to spare Taylor's feelings by saying that it wasn't deliberate.
We've seen far too many of these tackles this season, and it was predictable that someone was going to be badly hurt eventually.
Also, I would be a lot more impressed with Wenger's moans had he condemned Eboue's deliberate assault on John Terry earlier this season.

agree entirely.

i can see why people are posting comments like "you see worse on a Sunday morning", but surely you're getting the wrong end of the stick - that type of attitude will just encourage people to think that diving in shin-high, studs showing is acceptable.

taylor could have made that challenge in a different manner, thus avoiding such injury. the FA have to get hard-line about these tackles, but they are too wishy-washy, which is why thugs like Eboue, Essien and Mikel have been leaving their feet in for ages now....
 

Eduardo..

Two ironic things with this incident. Firstly I went on to the BBC site to see the live text after about ten mins to see the sending off of Taylor being reported only to be followed by "Substitution" Bendtner for Eduardo (tactical):confused:
Secondly, looking at the tackle it as more unfortunate than malicious, if it had been six inches higher Eduardo would have had nothing more than a bad bruise as he was caught in probably the most vulnerable place possible just above the ankle which is unprotected, and coupled with the fact that at that split second all of his body weight was on it.
 

Eduardo..

hmm, not sure i agree Les, but Steve Bruce's comments surely are a bit unneccesary!

On the other hand say it was one of your mates and everyone was having a go at him for a mistake you'd stick up for him wouldn't you?

I'm not going to go into the whole he did it on purpose he didn't as

A) I don't know Martin Taylor
B) I haven't paid any attention to his career so have no idea whether he is a nasty player or not.

I think as Brentford fans we should be very aware of it after what happened with Steven Hunt and Peter Cech last season. As many of us on here will testify Hunty is a top bloke (who did a lot of good things for this club on and off the pitch) but one incident now means that he is always under scrunity.
 

Eduardo..

Gotta feel sorry for Taylor a bit though, he didn't do it on purpose, and now is being slated on cheesy online sign ups :rolleyes: .

Btw Gallas had Sir Alex laughing his head off probably-Team in distress.
 

Eduardo..

...............shocking....................
 

Eduardo..

I can understand Wenger's frustration at the time and all credit to him for the retraction.

Nevertheless, a totally unacceptable tackle that could well end the guys career. I don't know much about Taylor, but I really can't imagine that any player deliberately sets out to cause an injury such as that.
 

Eduardo..

I can understand Wenger's frustration at the time and all credit to him for the retraction.

Nevertheless, a totally unacceptable tackle that could well end the guys career. I don't know much about Taylor, but I really can't imagine that any player deliberately sets out to cause an injury such as that.

...................ask Roy Keane........................
 

Eduardo..

Too much about Wenger and not enough about poor Eduardo. 606 was dominated last night by people whinging about Wenger's heat of the moment comments.

I'd be interested to hear from people who seriously play the game some views about the type of protection modern shin pads and boots give against this type of thing compared to years back.
 

Eduardo..

feel sorry for the lad good player very talented hope he recovers the best he can from it hope to see him playing again some time in the future.
nothing else should happen to Taylor just a clumsy challenge and he will obviously feel terrible about it.
 

Eduardo..

players wear tiny shin pads of their own choosing, if they aren't good enough that's their problem. Although i don't think a full shin pad would've saved Eduardo's leg. It's a shame but it was just unlucky, no malice in it, what if Starosta had snapped the Wycombe players leg in his last game, would we want him banned for life? no of course not, these tackles happen in every game, some connect with the ball, others with the player, while some completely miss there target, just look at Kuyt's challenge on Neville earlier this season, what would've happened if he connected?
 

Eduardo..

players wear tiny shin pads of their own choosing, if they aren't good enough that's their problem.

Excuse my ignorance, but how would the best shinpad in the universe save somone from that type of injury? Thanks.
 

Eduardo..

I watched MOTD last night and for the first time i can say that i felt 'sickened' without physically wanting to chuck up.

It was just a horror. I know that there have been previous such incidents but i can only focus on what happened yesterday and i can only feel for the bloke.

I don't know how much p/wk he is on but i wouldn't swop places with him.

That split second that they showed on MOTD stuck with me all night and a couple of times in the early hours. For someones leg to be 'garroted' in the course of what we chase up and down the country each week was fekin sobering.

If he is back in a year or so then i will be made up for him but IMO he will NEVER be the same because his head won't allow him to
 

Eduardo..

Excuse my ignorance, but how would the best shinpad in the universe save somone from that type of injury? Thanks.

obviously you never read my post in full..................... :wave:


wanderer paul said:
Although i don't think a full shin pad would've saved Eduardo's leg.
 

Eduardo..

On the other hand say it was one of your mates and everyone was having a go at him for a mistake you'd stick up for him wouldn't you?

I'm not going to go into the whole he did it on purpose he didn't as

A) I don't know Martin Taylor
B) I haven't paid any attention to his career so have no idea whether he is a nasty player or not.

I think as Brentford fans we should be very aware of it after what happened with Steven Hunt and Peter Cech last season. As many of us on here will testify Hunty is a top bloke (who did a lot of good things for this club on and off the pitch) but one incident now means that he is always under scrunity.


Huntys effort on the Man City player was an utter disgrace.....the thing with the Chelsea keeper looked innocent enough...
 

Eduardo..

I've certainly seen worse tackles this season where players have dived in two-footed, over the ball and studs first from a yard away; Taylor went in studs- first, but one-footed and I think he remained on his feet (certainly didn't dive) - it was late rather than over the ball, which sadly may have made the injury worse because of where it hit him, with his (Eduardo's) foot anchored in the turf.

Without the injury, it would probably have been a yellow; the red is fair enough, but the 3 match ban is sufficient and Wegner was right to withdraw his comments
 

Eduardo..

Its a very unfortunate event, very sad if it ends Eduardo's career which it might.

It is though part of contact sport and it looks more like a late but non malicious foul. Take all this out of the game and it will become exhibition stuff.

I remember Frampton doing a similar tackle but as he got the ball as well it was not even a foul. The oppo player ended up by the side with a broken leg, an injury he subsequently retired playing as a result of.

It happens.
 

Eduardo..

definite freekick.

:no:
 

Eduardo..

I remember Frampton doing a similar tackle but as he got the ball as well it was not even a foul. The oppo player ended up by the side with a broken leg, an injury he subsequently retired playing as a result of.
Ah, but that was Simon Haworth, so sympathy from Bees was somewhat limited.
 

Eduardo..

:yuck:

This was just sick.

He will be very lucky to ever play football again.
 

Eduardo..

Not sure if this has already been mentioned but it is also his Birthday today.

What a great present! :no:
 

Eduardo..

david busst said infection finished his career not the broken leg so there is hope
 
Back
Top Bottom