Email Notifications

vcmazz

Well-known member
Joined
20 Apr 2009
Messages
22,616
Reaction score
10,265
Location
Isle of Red & Wight

Email Notifications

Can I please request that someone at the GPG village might have a word in the shell like of the man (or woman) who'se job it is to send out emails notifying us of new posts on the threads we subscribe to?

Traditionally, a chap would expect an email when a thread has new posts, but just the one, until he visits that thread again. But it seems nowadays on certain threads an email is sent for every post.

Take Northampton Bee's 'A Brentford Book' for instance, I had about eight new emails when I woke up today telling me that the thread had a new post and I've spent so long sorting them out that I haven't had enough time to buy any more Viagra :rolleyes:. It's almost as if there's no one there at all and that these emails are some sort of automated system that's gone wrong :yes:.
 

Email Notifications

just unsubscribe, it's alot easier, then just click on the blue tag by each thread, which'll take you to the last post you read. hope this helps.
 

Email Notifications

i get a fax every time Taxi Driver posts. is this a technical glitch? :no:
 

Email Notifications

No no no no no. You see, I want to subscribe and get an email that tells me a thread has been updated. But until recently that has consisted if one email that reads 'Joe Bloggs has replied to this thread, they may be other replies'. In other words, the one email would cover all new posts. But something has gone wrong on certain threads and they are churning out one email per reply. It's an admin error that needs fixing!
 

Email Notifications

No no no no no. You see, I want to subscribe and get an email that tells me a thread has been updated. But until recently that has consisted if one email that reads 'Joe Bloggs has replied to this thread, they may be other replies'. In other words, the one email would cover all new posts. But something has gone wrong on certain threads and they are churning out one email per reply. It's an admin error that needs fixing!

so, If I post here, do you get another e-mail ? :confused:
 

Email Notifications

No no no no no. You see, I want to subscribe and get an email that tells me a thread has been updated. But until recently that has consisted if one email that reads 'Joe Bloggs has replied to this thread, they may be other replies'. In other words, the one email would cover all new posts. But something has gone wrong on certain threads and they are churning out one email per reply. It's an admin error that needs fixing!

Are you sure that you are not suffering from delayed emails. I've just got down to the basement and they swear that nothing has changed for years. Hope that helps.
 

Email Notifications

so, If I post here, do you get another e-mail ? :confused:
Yes. Which is great. That's what I want :sorted:. But if two of you had posted before I'd come back here, I'd have got two emails. Which isn't how it's supposed to work. IS IT TECHIES??? Eh? Eh?
 

Email Notifications

Can you post one of the offending emails on here please
 

Email Notifications

Are you sure that you are not suffering from delayed emails. I've just got down to the basement and they swear that nothing has changed for years. Hope that helps.
No Banana. It is a GPG fault. Give it a few hours, I'm sure others will confirm the same problem :yes:.
 

Email Notifications

I saw what you did there :sorted:
 

Email Notifications

Where's Banana? I feel we should hug :yes:.
 

Email Notifications

receive
 

Email Notifications

multiple
 

Email Notifications

emails?
 

Email Notifications

annoying!
 

Email Notifications

:laugh:
 

Email Notifications

Excellent
 

Email Notifications

:sorted:
 

Email Notifications

serious
 

Email Notifications

Sorry
 

Email Notifications

No probs
 

Email Notifications

How's it going?
 

Email Notifications

i'm at work :yes:
 

Email Notifications

Just thought I'd let you both carry on for a while before reporting that someone appears to have fixed the problem :D.
 

Email Notifications

I need a piss.
 

Email Notifications

Just thought I'd let you both carry on for a while before reporting that someone appears to have fixed the problem :D.

Happy days. I still need a piss. :wave:
 
Back
Top Bottom