F1 2024

F1 2024

Austria. Another race, another whine session from Mclaren this time for Piastri about track limits. Makes a change from Norris how he could have , should have but didn't.
Formula 1 is now getting to be a bore festival. I don't care if the the same team / driver keeps winning. The TV coverage is getting worse. Not being disrespectful to the new viewers, it is dumbed down now. Aiming for the ' haven't got a clue what day it is viewer. This is about the same as the commentry.
Martin Brundle's Pit Lane walks/interviews are laughable/cringeworthy as apart from F1 people he doesn't appear to know who people are.
 

F1 2024

Verstappen definitely caused that incident with Norris .

Well done Russell.

Right place right time - as he said yesterday he would hope to be !
 

F1 2024

I watched the Austrian GP until DRS activated notice came on. That was it, changed channels and watched the news. Overtaking is dependent on the skill of the driver. With DRS the closing speed is to great to the overtaken car, defensive moves are basically banned. That is not motor racing. Maybe I'll change my mind later. There is lots of proper motor racing on Youtube. So at the moment F1 can f*** off.
 

F1 2024

Recommended reading.​

How to Build a Car: The Autobiography of the World’s Greatest Formula 1 Designer Adrian Newey ​

 

F1 2024

So you watch the first lap of every race then switch over in disgust when you see the DRS Activated notice come on? :ROFLMAO:
No ! I have watched the whole races for years. I have had enough of this crap. Tires designed to fall apart, if that is not bullshit what is. Michelin refused to bid on the tire contract because of the designed failure of the tires. Having to use different compounds. Maybe in football they have to change boots to non - studded, all for the show of course. If you like motor racing liike that you are welcome to watch it, it is no longer for me.
As a little add on, the proposed regulations for the next technical change of the cars delete DRS, but have active wings which is the same. Same b***ocks different guise.
 

F1 2024

F1 2024

Wow!

Mercedes 1-2 and British 1-2-3!

Fantastic.

Sure Verstappen will get his car fixed though
 

F1 2024

Fun period of changing tyres as weather keeps changing but poor Russell had to retire with Water pressure problems
 

F1 2024

A very popular win for Hamilton with Verstappen lurking behind .

Shame for Russell though.

McLaren not helped themselves.

Another wasted weekend for Perez and Leclerc.
 
Last edited:

F1 2024

Top race with 4 laps to go, its anything can happen day
 

F1 2024

I find F1 is usually a procession, so only tend to watch when it will rain as it makes it exciting.
Really pleased for Hamilton and i think his emotions at the end proves how much it meant to him
 

F1 2024

@savvy 2210 turned off after 3 laps when DRS when enabled.
Being a bit snarky are we, someone knocked over your pile of pennies ?
I did not and will not watch the race. There is a ELMS race this weekend, next weekend WEC in Brazil. I have my motor racing fix all set. I don't need F1, which I have stated that I'm disgusted with after watching it for years.
 

F1 2024

Great race with different cars stronger at each time conditions changed.

Not a Hamilton fan but nice to see him moved and humble after taking top step after a long time.
Not a bad week for veteran Brits. First, 39 year old Mark Cavendish at the TDF, now 39 year old Lewis Hamilton also wins after 3(?) years in the wilderness. Did I hear something about him being the first driver to return to winning with 300+ drives behind him?
 

F1 2024

Not a bad week for veteran Brits. First, 39 year old Mark Cavendish at the TDF, now 39 year old Lewis Hamilton also wins after 3(?) years in the wilderness. Did I hear something about him being the first driver to return to winning with 300+ drives behind him?
In the wilderness? Hardly. Only once in the past 3 years has he finished outside the top 10, apart from a couple of DNF's. Not exactly 'wilderness' material.
 

F1 2024

Maybe not statistically, but his reaction gave me that impression.
He felt he was robbed of the title in 2021. His reaction was a release of all that emotional stress and disappointment he's built up in the past 3 years.
 

F1 2024

Another race weekend .

Another disaster for Perez.

Not sure what else can go wrong for him !

Cannot even keep it on the track now .
 

F1 2024

Hamilton's Dad said Lewis is learning Italian before joining Ferrari. I predict lots of crashes when he starts waving his arms around.
Didn't it use to be a Ferrari rule that all the people who worked for them had to speak Italian?
 

F1 2024

Half watching with volume low .. what was that about Piastri passing Norris?
Was switching between about 5 sports, but I think Norris was pitted early to keep him in front of someone but that messed up Piastris plan. Norris only gave the place back after some pleading from the team.
 
Back
Top Bottom