fitzgerald transfer listed

fitzgerald transfer listed

ChinaBee said:
Owusu was doing it for reading last year in a higher division... Fitz did it at Watford what is the answer

this is a tad "elaborate" with the truth :eek:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Les Beeavinu said:
Can't we do a buy one get one free offer for every Sodje we sell in January?
Sodje and fitz to Fulham,500k and boa morte to us sounds good to me! :sorted: rofl (never in a million years though! :D )
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Mr Tree said:
this is a tad "elaborate" with the truth :eek:

Not really, I saw Owusu last year at Reading and although he didnt look good he scored every now and again. Fitz was leading goalscorer with Watford just over a year ago..............personally I think he has an attitude problem however can MA coach forwards?????
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

We/I thought nobody would take Prince Harry, but they did....so maybe Fitz fits the bill somewhere :shrug:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

yes he scored 1 in 2 games end of last seaon but in 11 games not 1 goal and has started 4 or 5 ? thats rubbish we want goals not fitz !
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

ChinaBee said:
Not really, I saw Owusu last year at Reading and although he didnt look good he scored every now and again. Fitz was leading goalscorer with Watford just over a year ago..............personally I think he has an attitude problem however can MA coach forwards?????


I think with the system we play Owen and Shearer would struggle to score goals for us ...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Aberdeen flyer said:
I think with the system we play Owen and Shearer would struggle to score goals for us ...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

I think even Girdler and Blackham would struggle :D :cool: :D
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Aberdeen flyer said:
I think with the system we play Owen and Shearer would struggle to score goals for us ...!!! :rolleyes: :rolleyes:
I agree entirely.
Watford fans I know all say he was good when he was there and they all were sorry to see him go.
Another career ruined
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

love and mercy said:
I agree entirely.
Watford fans I know all say he was good when he was there and they all were sorry to see him go.
Another career ruined

rofl Please.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

love and mercy said:
I agree entirely.
Watford fans I know all say he was good when he was there and they all were sorry to see him go.
Another career ruined

He was top scorer with Watford having scored 10 goals :eek:
He was also their chief penalty taker.

It didn't work out. All the best to him.

I'm just VERY pleased MA has the balls to make these decisions. Realising it's not working out and moving players on. Others beware :wave:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

ChinaBee said:
Not really, I saw Owusu last year at Reading and although he didnt look good he scored every now and again. Fitz was leading goalscorer with Watford just over a year ago..............personally I think he has an attitude problem however can MA coach forwards?????

CB, this was a point I too was making last season. Yes, we've scored 16 in 11 so far, but that's already 11 & 8 fewer than the top 2 teams. Pro rata, the TEAM'S scoring has improved this season, but the strikers are still struggling. MA & AW seem well able to coach/organise the midfield & defence, but I feel we should try & get a specialist in p/t for the strikers-after all they do it for goalies, don't they? + MA is always saying he has to be open to different ideas & ways of doing things...
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

BRENTFORD_TILL_DIE said:
happens to most of our ex strikers, they will go and score 15 / 20 a season

bollox, name them!

I can only think of very few that have gone on to score loads of goals. Only deano who we sold for a million quid and marcus who we sold for several hundred thousand. Name some more?
I can list loads who scored for us and did balls all else where if you like!

OK, deon has got 7-8 including 3 pens, but lets see where he is at seasons end.. his record proves about 8-9 average per season.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

:imwith: Leon Constantine had a purple patch but seems to be returning to the form that we endured at BFC. Who else?
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

ChinaBee said:
Not really, I saw Owusu last year at Reading and although he didnt look good he scored every now and again. Fitz was leading goalscorer with Watford just over a year ago..............personally I think he has an attitude problem however can MA coach forwards?????

Every reading fan i spoke to said he was a bit of a donkey. His was big and physical but no skill or control. He had a good spell two years ago where he scored 7-8 in about 20 games but that was it really.I still think he will come good for us.

Fitz had a good spell in his first season at watford and scored 12 which lets face it is still pretty poor. Regardless of his record at watford, he just does not look like doing anything for us and he has been given many more chances than the always impressive DJ.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

:afro:

Leo Fortune-West :eek:

Mark McCammon? :nutty:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Les Beeavinu said:
:imwith: Leon Constantine had a purple patch but seems to be returning to the form that we endured at BFC. Who else?

carl asaba and marcus bent went onto better things but never scored goals like they did here. Bob taylor did well at gillingham, forster has done well, but we sold these two to bigger clubs (money wise at the time) for cash.
I can hardly think of anyone who we released for free who did anything at all!
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

The H said:
Swansea got half their goals in 2 games..... :dj:

And Southend have got their 8 lead from there two latest 4 goal games.
It only takes 90 minutes to put a different perspective on goals scored. :sorted:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Gee Bee said:
And Southend have got their 8 lead from there two latest 4 goal games.
It only takes 90 minutes to put a different perspective on goals scored. :sorted:

If we had hung on to win at huddersfield we would be two points behind with a goal diff two better than it is now. there is a long way to go!
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

a decent stiker doesnt need to be coached, thats why DJ is always dangerous when he's on as he is a good natural striker and the rest of our strikers have no instinct for goal
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

I want players who run their socks off and try to make things happen.
Here are some that don't impress me much:-
Scott Fitz Jnr (good luck mate)
Owusu
Gale
Lewis
I wouldn't be sorry to see that lot go. :sorted:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Bee49 said:
I want players who run their socks off and try to make things happen.
Here are some that don't impress me much:-
Scott Fitz Jnr (good luck mate)
Owusu
Gale
Lewis
I wouldn't be sorry to see that lot go. :sorted:

Hang on Marcus is Brentford through and through, dont agree with that one.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

I have been saying how pony he was for months, Laters Fitz :wave: And get Chapman out too for defending him so stoutly :imwith:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Said it before and I will say it again - MA does not know forwards. So, yes to those who say lets get a forward coach. Nowt wrong with that, just that MA is a young manager and still learning. Maybe in a couple of years time he will pick them like he picks defenders and midfield, but his striker record thus far is 1-3, ie., bought 4, crap 3 (Claridge, Fitz, Owusu). Now i am sure that all the Owusu fans (and i loved him forst time round too, believe me) will blixum me, but sorry and all that, but he isnt hacking it either. However, I do hope that DJ fulfills his early promise, and then MA would be some way to redeeming himself. :sorted:

And on thnking about it, you could even say 1-5 - include Rankin and Burton (neither having fulfilled their assumed potential).
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

but does Allen sound them out or is it John griffin?
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

longdistancebee said:
Said it before and I will say it again - MA does not know forwards. So, yes to those who say lets get a forward coach. Nowt wrong with that, just that MA is a young manager and still learning. Maybe in a couple of years time he will pick them like he picks defenders and midfield, but his striker record thus far is 1-3, ie., bought 4, crap 3 (Claridge, Fitz, Owusu). Now i am sure that all the Owusu fans (and i loved him forst time round too, believe me) will blixum me, but sorry and all that, but he isnt hacking it either. However, I do hope that DJ fulfills his early promise, and then MA would be some way to redeeming himself. :sorted:

And on thnking about it, you could even say 1-5 - include Rankin and Burton (neither having fulfilled their assumed potential).

Gotta back Allen's judgement on so many things...as for strikers

Burton---class
Rankin--currently playing very well+has proved he can score spectacular goals
Owusu---not great but improved v Walsall and there must be more to come
DJ----looking good once he has more experience
Gayle----has had good and bad games this season..gotta give him the benefit
Claridge---no
Fitz-------started off on fire last March, but turned out to be just a tap-in merchant

He aint done too bad...we are scoring more goals than last year and our defence looks more solid...whats the problem ?
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

We've actually scored exactly the same number of goals as at this stage last season.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

ok, my memory is obv faulty..

canI request that we refer to Scott Fitz as £50,000 rated Scott Fitzgerald from now on to encourage a quick sale ? I have heard Chelsea may be looking for a new Drogba
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

longdistancebee said:
Said it before and I will say it again - MA does not know forwards. So, yes to those who say lets get a forward coach.

We cannot afford another coach. :wave:

Also if the forwards are getting chances fed to them they can't score. If Brooker, Tabb & Rhodes can stay fit I'm sure more chances will get created.
Injuries have meant many unbalanced formations and probably not helped our goal ratio. :sorted:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Said it before and I will say it again - MA does not know forwards !!

I could give a one word answer to that - Grazioli !!
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

i quite liked the £50,000 rated Scott Fitz junior, but then i've not seen him play as much as some so i will bow to their judgments - i will, however, remain eternally grateful to him for making our 18-hour round trip to Wrexham worth it's while :sorted:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Mr Tree said:
, however, remain eternally grateful to him for making our 18-hour round trip to Wrexham worth it's while :sorted:


:imwith:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

I think that with the right partner/playing style, Fitz will do okay elsewhere. I don't recall Deano (who I still think Fitz resembles a little bit) or Steve Phillips (or Francis Joseph for that matter, although he was quite a different sort of player) being terribly creative or hardworking outside the area or at creating their own chances. Both Deano and Phillips were blessed with quality big targetmen playing alongside them, which Fitz hasn't had a lot of here.

He's also played a number of games as a deep-lying/wide forward, which hasn't helped him. A bit like Matty Harrold who had several games in a sort of midfield harrying role before he left. Still reckon he had a bit more to him than that Mark Peters guy who lots of people loved; couldn't see the attraction in him.

Anyway, good luck Fitz.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Paul O'Brien said:
Still reckon he had a bit more to him than that Mark Peters guy who lots of people loved; couldn't see the attraction in him.

That guy had the talent but threw it away with his attitude.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

He was poor and was getting worse. so off he goes. regarding MA critisicism this is ridiculous. We have no money and always need to have a look at forwards who have performed in the past. There may be good reasons why they have since failed-personal problems, drugs, drink etc. The problem before signing them is that they are either not viewed or viewed only in reserve football which is a useless occupation. So hence we have to take a chance. We will get some wrong and some right. My own view is to never sign a player over 30 because of the risk of injuries .Newman is the the worst signing as he has never played.
Perhaps sign only < 30 years and then expect a ratio of 50:50 good:bad. :sorted: :sorted:
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

LIONHEART said:
martin should start with alex rhodes and dj campbell up front :)

what about the 2nd half ?
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

Paul,
Got to disagree a little about Steve Phillips. He was blessed with playing alongside McCulloch but imho he was far more than just a penalty box player.
 

fitzgerald transfer listed

In the articlel posted on the OS MA said that one of the reasons he was transfer listing Fitz was to "help reduce the playing budget". I think it's a fairly safe assumption that this isn't to reduce it but to free up some money to extend Pratley's loan when it expires. I don't think Lifeline can afford to pay any more can they?
 
Back
Top Bottom