Floodlights

HunsburyBee

Active member
Joined
14 Jan 2006
Messages
1,363
Reaction score
0
Location
Corsham, Wilts

Floodlights

Was I the only one who thought the floodlights were very poor this evening ? There appeared to be "dark" areas all over the pitch, particularly at the Brook Road end. It was not helped by nearly half the lights on the north-west pylon being out of action. I wonder when the lights were last serviced and re-focussed ?
 

Floodlights

there is a reason, hunts long throws , bad light ,,, you getting my drift, some grounds water the pitch, we turn down the lights, wink wink say no more squire
 

Floodlights

The Ealing Road / Braemar corner is the worst, anything happening there in the second half, forget it - after a few shots I stopped trying :cry:

It's a good job we don't wear the black kit at home!

We have some of the worst floodlights going I'm afraid, even the bulbs that have been replaced are a different colour to the existing ones - I doubt there's any that are worse in League 1 - at least ours were only about the 3rd worst in L2 :(
 

Floodlights

Was I the only one who thought the floodlights were very poor this evening ? There appeared to be "dark" areas all over the pitch, particularly at the Brook Road end. It was not helped by nearly half the lights on the north-west pylon being out of action. I wonder when the lights were last serviced and re-focussed ?

yes, it was definately noticeable last night in the second half
 

Floodlights

The Ealing Road / Braemar corner is the worst, anything happening there in the second half, forget it - after a few shots I stopped trying :cry:

It's a good job we don't wear the black kit at home!

We have some of the worst floodlights going I'm afraid, even the bulbs that have been replaced are a different colour to the existing ones - I doubt there's any that are worse in League 1 - at least ours were only about the 3rd worst in L2 :(

I have emailed the Club on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years and always had the reply that the club would "get electricians working on it"
Last night there were 3 of the 12 lights out on the north west pylon (thats 25%) and 1 out on the north east pylon,I was sitting in the paddock so couldnt see the other two pylons but I found that during twilight i.e.last 20 mins of the first half and beginning of the second the lighting was really inadequate and nowhere near Football League standard.
 

Floodlights

The Ealing Road / Braemar corner is the worst, anything happening there in the second half, forget it - after a few shots I stopped trying :cry:

It's a good job we don't wear the black kit at home!

We have some of the worst floodlights going I'm afraid, even the bulbs that have been replaced are a different colour to the existing ones - I doubt there's any that are worse in League 1 - at least ours were only about the 3rd worst in L2 :(

They were p*ss poor last season as well! :(
 

Floodlights

I have emailed the Club on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years and always had the reply that the club would "get electricians working on it"
Last night there were 3 of the 12 lights out on the north west pylon (thats 25%) and 1 out on the north east pylon,I was sitting in the paddock so couldnt see the other two pylons but I found that during twilight i.e.last 20 mins of the first half and beginning of the second the lighting was really inadequate and nowhere near Football League standard.


It's been the same for a few years now, I'm sure it's an expensive job to replace the bulbs but this is FL1 not a Ryman league club :nono:
 

Floodlights

.................get the Dag/Redbridge sparky to sort it.......................
 

Floodlights

lights are poor so is the pa system in Ealing Road.
 

Floodlights

Is this a potential area for some of the Hesters football quiz money (£2.5k as mentioned by Nick in another thread) ??
 

Floodlights

We have some of the worst floodlights going I'm afraid, even the bulbs that have been replaced are a different colour to the existing ones - I doubt there's any that are worse in League 1 - at least ours were only about the 3rd worst in L2 :(

Totally agree. Some of the Turner money should be spent on this.
 

Floodlights

These are the rules for floodlights in the FL. 2nd Column is the Av. Reading, 3rd is a normal reading. So actually if one end is dim and the other is bright(er) as long as the average is OK it doesn't matter.

I guess we may struggle if we go up again.

Average Lux Value Minimum

Championship 500 300
League 1 350 210
League 2 350 210

Page 8

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/f2/8f/0,,10794~102386,00.pdf
 

Floodlights

didnt notice was to busy watching the game, instead of counting lightbulbs!!! lol
 

Floodlights

I have just emailed the Club (again) about the poor lighting.
I await their reply.
I'm sure if even all the bulbs were working, it must greatly improve things.
..........hopefully the club can shed some light on the matter..................
 

Floodlights

I'm quite sure that if all the lights were in working order and that if they were all cleaned and re-adjusted there would be a significant improvement.
Presumably, it's up to the referee to include in his report if he thinks the lights are inadequate and he could abandon the game if he thought that appropriate.
 

Floodlights

As the teams came out for the 2nd half, one Norwich player seem to have a problem with the lighting and made his point to the linesman...not sure who that was...? :fishing:
 

Floodlights

I have emailed the Club on a couple of occasions over the past 2 years and always had the reply that the club would "get electricians working on it"
Last night there were 3 of the 12 lights out on the north west pylon (thats 25%) and 1 out on the north east pylon,I was sitting in the paddock so couldnt see the other two pylons but I found that during twilight i.e.last 20 mins of the first half and beginning of the second the lighting was really inadequate and nowhere near Football League standard.

I do't think they've worked since 1984 :D
 

Floodlights

These are the rules for floodlights in the FL. 2nd Column is the Av. Reading, 3rd is a normal reading. So actually if one end is dim and the other is bright(er) as long as the average is OK it doesn't matter.

So we keep it bright in the end we defend and pitch black at the other end, while wearing away strip and equipping our forwards with infra-red goggles:sorted:
 

Floodlights

I have just emailed the Club (again) about the poor lighting.
I await their reply.
I'm sure if even all the bulbs were working, it must greatly improve things.

:idea: I'll call taff see what can be done, get him up the ladder cleaning/changing bulbs
 

Floodlights

Are we still using the floodlights purchased from Chelsea many zillions of years ago?
 

Floodlights

The light was dim I could not see I did not bring my specs with me.
Surely someone must know someone who can get it sorted ??? a few new bulbs and good clean should do the trick.
 

Floodlights

Did I here on the telly the other evening that Everton or someone similar in the Prem are going to replace their currents ones

Can we not bag a few spares for ours then............ :idea:
 

Floodlights

Did I here on the telly the other evening that Everton or someone similar in the Prem are going to replace their currents ones

Can we not bag a few spares for ours then............ :idea:

I don't think they will give them away.
 

Floodlights

Is the new EU ruling on lightbulbs applicable to floodlights.
 

Floodlights

Are you sure? Obviously we're using energy saving lightbulbs now, but the layout of the lights is the same as the one's we bought from Chelsea.
 

Floodlights

These are the rules for floodlights in the FL. 2nd Column is the Av. Reading, 3rd is a normal reading. So actually if one end is dim and the other is bright(er) as long as the average is OK it doesn't matter.

I guess we may struggle if we go up again.

Average Lux Value Minimum

Championship 500 300
League 1 350 210
League 2 350 210

Page 8

http://www.football-league.co.uk/staticFiles/f2/8f/0,,10794~102386,00.pdf
Is this a TV company related thing? I hope so because if not, I find it very patronising of the Football League to deem it okey dokey to play in the dark if it's only Leagues One and Two. Why do you need more light to play in the Championship? :rolleyes:
 

Floodlights

.............do they want us to bring some candles this evening????.................
 

Floodlights

...............need more than that......................
 

Floodlights

..............the lucky candles worked....................
 

Floodlights

four candles? lol

Rollins%20fork%20handles.jpg
 

Floodlights

thought GP looked all nice and sparkly tonight.... :love:

:no: it's getting worse :cry:

New Road touchline two stops darker than centre of the park, Braemar / Ealing Road corner three stops darker :(
 

Floodlights

I wonder if it's caused by shadow from the Ealing road roof which has a smaller gap [ I think] between it and the Braemar road roof compared with the New road roof?
 

Floodlights

couldnt make the game as i had a game myself...but when i saw the highlights in tv... it looked dark!!!
 

Floodlights

all the bulbs are working at the Ealing Road end, but a couple are still out in each corner of Brook ROad. Still a bit too dark IMO, we need better!
 

Floodlights

Anyone else think the floodlights were much better tonight? Seemed a lot brighter and it appeared a few bulbs have been fixed?
 

Floodlights

Agreed. Even walking to the Ground tonight the floodlights looked brighter from outside ! Just shows what regular maintenance can do.
 
Back
Top Bottom