folan could start

mhead bee

Well-known member
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
35,995
Reaction score
18,381
Location
Maidenhead

folan could start

just listened to club call and RL says he will make one change tommorow as he wants to get Tony Folan playing again. Whether this is a start or a bit part he didn't specify but I felt it could be a start.
Suddenly I am really looking forward to this again, lets give him a big cheer cos he is a genius and he has just recovered from knee ligament damage not a drinking binge as some think. I have criticised him for attitude in the past but am more than willing to give him another big chance if he really wants it!!
 

folan could start

Totally agree. Five minutes at the end of a game is never going to get him match fit. He looked a bit overweight a couple of weeks but was putting himself about. He can create, he can cross and we know he can score
so let's see him have a full run out.
 

folan could start

i think that the only reason that he is going to play tony folan is that he will be match fit for when he starts to offload players to lower the wage bill here at brentford.
 

folan could start

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by matt___26:
i think that the only reason that he is going to play tony folan is that he will be match fit for when he starts to offload players to lower the wage bill here at brentford.</font>

Do you mean the intention is to offload Folan or to bring him in to replace another higher earning player being sold off?

I would have thought that Folan is on higher wages than most of the other players who would be able to play in his position (attacking midfield) eg O'Connor, Williams (both v junior pros "made" in-house), Rowlands (unless he has had a new contract since joining from Farnborough), Dobson (new contract but very junior still). I think Folan is coming to the end of this contract, so they could just release him- even if not, I don't think a few games at the end of this season will make him particularly saleable. I think that this is probably a positive sign that RL would like to keep him and sees him as a long-term asset if he can get back his form.
 
Back
Top Bottom