Formula 1 2008

Formula 1 2008

...................3rd on the grid for Hamilton....................
 

Formula 1 2008

...............Coulthard hits the wall at 185mph and walks away.......Monte Carlo always a decent race.....................
 

Formula 1 2008

..............Ferraris on the front row..............................
 

Formula 1 2008

Monaco in the pouring rain - about as exciting as Formula 1 can get. 10 laps in and already some great trick driving from Glock and Hamilton. Impossible to tell who has the advantage as so many cars have come in very early.

lol Alonso screws up as I type.

What's this 3 minute signal that cost Raikkonen a drive-through penalty?
 

Formula 1 2008

Monaco in the pouring rain - about as exciting as Formula 1 can get.
Try reading it in a Clement Freud voice rather than a Murray Walker voice. :wave:

Obviously Formula 1 isn't a patch on the Eurovision Song Contest.
 

Formula 1 2008

.........rain,crashes..................worth watching for a change....................
 

Formula 1 2008

...................more rain forecast...............:eek:
 

Formula 1 2008

Looks like Hamilton's to lose now. Due to start raining again any minute, just as he needs to make a pit stop.
 

Formula 1 2008

...................a race where choice of tyres is critical...................
 

Formula 1 2008

Lewis Hamilton wins at Monaco. He is first also in the Drivers standing.
He has 38 points and Kimi Raikkonen is 2nd on 35 points.
 

Formula 1 2008

I just turned over from the play offs and Lewis had just won.The emotion from his dad and his brother brought a tear to my eye,but Im feeling low and emotional my self today.Must have lost a stone in weight out of each end :(
 

Formula 1 2008

You know when a sporting event has run its course when their "showcase event" is only slightly interesting because it rains, then stops, then might rain again - or it might not.

More exciting to speculate on weather futures :shrug:
 

Formula 1 2008

I just turned over from the play offs and Lewis had just won.The emotion from his dad and his brother brought a tear to my eye,but Im feeling low and emotional my self today.Must have lost a stone in weight out of each end :(

:grey: Seems a lot of people aren't well right now :grey:

Although Monaco is the hardest track for overtaking, always been a personal favourite of mine, just wish we had the money to go and watch it, rather than watching on it the TV. Was a good race today, felt for Sutil who was running in 4th place and got bashed up the arse by Kimi :nono: The Hamiltons must have a great relationship with Ron Dennis but he has "groomed" Lewis from a young age though......... Looking forward to the Singapore Grand Prix on the roads(but they are wide roads mainly) but a night time race. If it rains like it has done when we used to go out there every few months, should be fun to watch
 

Formula 1 2008

Not a regular watcher of F1 but I always make sure that I watch the Monaco GP, made more exciting by the rain.

I remember a GP at Monaco from a good few years back when there was a fire in the hotel above the tunnel and water starting pouring through the tunnel roof.
 

Formula 1 2008

Monaco in the pouring rain - about as exciting as Formula 1 can get.

Had the pleasure of being there again for race day, absolutely superb stuff from start (Porsche SuperCup at 9.45hrs) to finish - the best for years in fact :sorted:

Still prefer the DTM Series though (car piccy below) with the Porsche Supercup 2nd and then F1 :yes:
 

Formula 1 2008

Surely this now proves that F1 is corrupt. Most of the voters are probably in his back pocket. How can F1 be taken serious when they support this type of behaviour.
 

Formula 1 2008

Surely this now proves that F1 is corrupt. Most of the voters are probably in his back pocket. How can F1 be taken serious when they support this type of behaviour.

I'm suprised Max managed to hang on.

If Bernie wants someone out, then that someone is out.

If he has managed to stay on, then he has been kept on for a reason, perhaps it is because the FIA don't want to be dictated to by Bernie.
 

Formula 1 2008

.................another pole position for Lewis....................
 

Formula 1 2008

This GP will be made exciting by "the track is breaking up". :zzzzz:

This week's F1 exciting news: Son of Nazi stays in job. :zzzzz:

Desperation strikes again. I bet ITV can't wait to free their schedules from this nonsense.
 

Formula 1 2008

This GP will be made exciting by "the track is breaking up". :zzzzz:

This week's F1 exciting news: Son of Nazi stays in job. :zzzzz:

Desperation strikes again. I bet ITV can't wait to free their schedules from this nonsense.

Yep I bet they are really looking forward to freeing their schedule of something that brings them a 35% audience share.
 

Formula 1 2008

Another good race today. Hamilton at fault for running into the back of Raikkonen. Pleased for Kubica and delighted for DC taking 3rd :)
 

Formula 1 2008

..............what a plonker...................
 

Formula 1 2008

Shame Hamilton couldn't just say I cocked up instead of blaming his pit crew and everything else.

I see guys driving like that on the M25 every day....usually in BMWs.

Cracking race though.
 

Formula 1 2008

Shame Hamilton couldn't just say I cocked up instead of blaming his pit crew and everything else.

I see guys driving like that on the M25 every day....usually in BMWs.

Cracking race though.

According to ITV it was McLaren's fault for not telling him!!!

I'm blaming my boss next time I ignore a red light:sorted:

Another great race, can't wait for Magny Cours!
 

Formula 1 2008

I blame Raikonnen for not having a working brake light.
 

Formula 1 2008

I like the speed of thought Lewis had when he realised he was ****ed but still made sure he hit the rear end of his main rival instead of Kubica which is where he was heading.

Banana of course could choose to read about things that interest him. :fishing:
 

Formula 1 2008

What interests me it the scale of the "selling" F1 and ITV employ to convince us that F1 is "exciting".

As well as the track breaking up we were told that it was to going to rain heavily between 1 hour and 1hours 25 minutes into the race. People were watching shirtless lol Needless to say there was no rain :rolleyes:

Also the complete focus on Hamilton. Another British driver finished 3rd today and yet the whole post-race was dominated by Hamilton not being able to see - but of course it wasn't his fault, it was the team's fault :rolleyes:
 

Formula 1 2008

You appear to take a great interest in something you disklike intensely.
 

Formula 1 2008

What interests me it the scale of the "selling" F1 and ITV employ to convince us that F1 is "exciting".
:imwith:
I rarely watch it but on the odd occasion when there's nothing else to do on a Sunday afternoon I don't think I've ever made it through a race without falling asleep. Touring cars is much more interesting.
 

Formula 1 2008

This GP will be made exciting by "the track is breaking up". :zzzzz:

This week's F1 exciting news: Son of Nazi stays in job. :zzzzz:

Desperation strikes again. I bet ITV can't wait to free their schedules from this nonsense.

you still watched it;)
 

Formula 1 2008

Hamilton seems to be on a blunder a race at the moment. Even his victory in Monaco had an element of fortune to it.
 

Formula 1 2008

Also the complete focus on Hamilton. Another British driver finished 3rd today and yet the whole post-race was dominated by Hamilton not being able to see - but of course it wasn't his fault, it was the team's fault :rolleyes:

It's been that way for the last few years. I've been watching F1 for over 10 years now and since Murray Walker stopped commentating there has been a bias towards one driver. Firstly Jenson 'it's always the cars fault' Button. When he won his only race (not as many as Hamilton or Coulthard) Allen went 'Get in there' showing his bias towards Button.

Now it's just 'The Lewis Hamilton Show' with very little attention given to Button and even less given to Coulthard (who has performed much better than Button in the last few seasons and who picked up a 3rd place in the last GP).
 

Formula 1 2008

It's been that way for the last few years. I've been watching F1 for over 10 years now and since Murray Walker stopped commentating there has been a bias towards one driver. Firstly Jenson 'it's always the cars fault' Button. When he won his only race (not as many as Hamilton or Coulthard) Allen went 'Get in there' showing his bias towards Button.

Now it's just 'The Lewis Hamilton Show' with very little attention given to Button and even less given to Coulthard (who has performed much better than Button in the last few seasons and who picked up a 3rd place in the last GP).


The jocks more than enough coverage in the tennis;)
 

Formula 1 2008

It's been that way for the last few years. I've been watching F1 for over 10 years now and since Murray Walker stopped commentating there has been a bias towards one driver....

It wasn't entirely different when Murray was commentating.
 

Formula 1 2008

All eyes on 13th place on the grid at the start from the commentators. :sorted:

And of course - Charlie was wrong to punish Perfect Lewis.
 

Formula 1 2008

All eyes on 13th place on the grid at the start from the commentators. :sorted:

And of course - Charlie was wrong to punish Perfect Lewis.

Yet again you watched something you seem to dislike :scratch:

Did you run out of Kleenex to go with your Welsh RFU GRAND SLAM official DVD ? :shrug:


:fishing: :D
 

Formula 1 2008

It's been that way for the last few years. I've been watching F1 for over 10 years now and since Murray Walker stopped commentating there has been a bias towards one driver. Firstly Jenson 'it's always the cars fault' Button. When he won his only race (not as many as Hamilton or Coulthard) Allen went 'Get in there' showing his bias towards Button.

Now it's just 'The Lewis Hamilton Show' with very little attention given to Button and even less given to Coulthard (who has performed much better than Button in the last few seasons and who picked up a 3rd place in the last GP).

Coulthards airtime dried up a bit after this exchange with Louise Goodman a few years ago live before the race.

GOODMAN: Have you been practising with that pit lane speed limiter?

COULTHARD: Yeah I have. I've just been imagining it's your nipples. I'm being a bit more gentle with it when I take my finger off it at the end of the pit lane.

GOODMAN: (laughing) Thank you very much, David.

She then passed back to studio presenter Jim Rosenthal, who added: "Yes, thank you very much David indeed for that one. That's fantastic."

ITV said: "We've had a couple of calls about it. It was an odd thing to say."
 
Back
Top Bottom