Formula 1 2008

Formula 1 2008

I luckily on saw the last 4 laps, and my heart was in my mouth the whole time, I couldnt stand still!

Well done Hamilton for keeping is cool and winning it at the end, he couldnt do it easy could he!?

As mentioned above, it was amusing watching Massa family and co celebrating winning the championship only to find out they had only just missed out.

Hopefully this is one of many championship wins.
 

Formula 1 2008

Well done to Lewis, the boy did good. A tad lucky at the end but he earned it.

Was gutted to see Couthard crash out on turn 1.
 

Formula 1 2008

I'm not a massive F1 fan, but I couldn't take my eyes off of that yesterday.

Funniest moment, as a few others have said, was seeing Ferrari celebrating when Massa crossed the line, thinking he was World Champion. lol

Well done Lewis, you didn't half out us through it.

How unsporting were the Brazilian crowd booing him.

Sports Personality of the Year anyone?
 

Formula 1 2008

Personally, I didn't think the Massa aborted celebration was that funny. He was very gracious in how he handled defeat and I thought it was a bit sad. He must have been devastated to do nearly everything asked of him only to come up tantalisingly short. Gripping sport but I don't think it's something to gloat about.
 

Formula 1 2008

BRILLIANT - amazing Johnny Wilkinson, so funny to see the Ferrari garage when Hamilton crossed the line.

Saviour the moment though, post race investigation is being conducted by the FIA into why Hamilton was allowed to win and the reason they'll disqualify him

I guess I'm not the only person that thought that maybe Toyota got fed up with the FIA doing everything they can to help Ferrari and advising their man to be extra careful in the wet weather, even if it meant losing a place to Hamilton ;)
 

Formula 1 2008

Personally, I didn't think the Massa aborted celebration was that funny. He was very gracious in how he handled defeat and I thought it was a bit sad. He must have been devastated to do nearly everything asked of him only to come up tantalisingly short. Gripping sport but I don't think it's something to gloat about.

I thought the Ferrari aborted celebration was absolutely hilarious. For all the damage they've done to the sport as a whole and all their cheating and having the FIA on-side it was brilliant to see them suffer!
 

Formula 1 2008

Barring a couple of dodgy team tactics in the Schumacher era it's not Ferrari who've done damage it was the FIA. In the same way it's not Hamilton's fault that ITV have been totally biased to him over the last two years.
 

Formula 1 2008

Personally, I didn't think the Massa aborted celebration was that funny. He was very gracious in how he handled defeat and I thought it was a bit sad. He must have been devastated to do nearly everything asked of him only to come up tantalisingly short. Gripping sport but I don't think it's something to gloat about.

:imwith:
but I was pleased to see the Ferrari people miserable.
As for Hamilton being lucky, he was in that position cos he's a great driver. Maybe winning one GP race could be deemed lucky, but winning the championship requires more than luck.
Not impressed with the booing at all.
 

Formula 1 2008

:bound: Wow what a way to end the season. Well done Lewis. Heart in mouth time but I still wonder if Glock was told to "slow down"! :fishing:

obviously we've all said it :D but seriously, there would've been much easier ways for them to make sure Hamilton won :sorted:
 

Formula 1 2008

I'm not a massive F1 fan, but I couldn't take my eyes off of that yesterday.

Funniest moment, as a few others have said, was seeing Ferrari celebrating when Massa crossed the line, thinking he was World Champion. lol

Well done Lewis, you didn't half out us through it.

How unsporting were the Brazilian crowd booing him.

Sports Personality of the Year anyone?


Easy. Andy Murray :fishing:
 

Formula 1 2008

The foreign one that they usually give to Tiger Woods? He stands a chance I suppose. :shrug:

lol :nutty: they usually give it to Federer, Les. apparently he's quite good at "tennis", whatever that is... :fishing:
 

Formula 1 2008

Apparently Switzerland has called a national holiday in celebration!:fishing:;)

Championship in day, Pussy Cat Doll at night!:brow::brow::brow::puppy:
 

Formula 1 2008

It Sports Personality Of The Year will probably be Hamilton, Chris Hoy or Rebecca Adlington. I'd assume the overseas award would go to Michael Phelps or Usain Bolt. I can't see Groundkeeper Willie picking up either award unless he wins Wimbledon one year.
 

Formula 1 2008

The overseas award must go to Bolt.

The bloke lit up the Olympic Games. Phelps' achievments were superb but Bolt transcended sport with his records IMHO.
 

Formula 1 2008

Well done to Lewis Hamilton for winning the title but I bet it is he that wins the Sports Personality of the year and not Andy Murray.
 

Formula 1 2008

Probably been the best year in English sport for a while with Olympic success, Murray's victories, all English CL final and now F1 World Championship (with English team).
 

Formula 1 2008

well done to the fastest car.
this is not a proper sport any more than robot wars or rugby.
hamilton is a greedy tax dodging swine. he hates britain.
who is his "celebrity" girlfriend, she looks quite pretty for a girl?
i am glad he won. well done lewis.
hamilton academical.
:sorted:
 

Formula 1 2008

well done to the fastest car.
this is not a proper sport any more than robot wars or rugby.
hamilton is a greedy tax dodging swine. he hates britain.
who is his "celebrity" girlfriend, she looks quite pretty for a girl?
i am glad he won. well done lewis.
hamilton academical.
:sorted:
Richest teams have the fastest cars and the most money to get the best drivers. Kovaleinen isn't a bad driver but had exactly the same car as Lewis, yet got dominated.

If you had the chance of living in Stevenage and not being able to get out of your front door without being mobbed or moving to Switzerland and saving £20m what would you do?

Nicole Scherzinger, lead singer of The Pussycat Dolls

Oh...I think I missed the irony:eek:
 

Formula 1 2008

If you had the chance of living in Stevenage and not being able to get out of your front door without being mobbed or moving to Switzerland and saving £20m what would you do?


mobbed in stevenage please, when do i start?
 

Formula 1 2008

Probably been the best year in English sport for a while with Olympic success, Murray's victories, all English CL final and now F1 World Championship (with English team).

:D :fishing:
 

Formula 1 2008

bit harsh on couthard(last race and went of in the first lap)
 

Formula 1 2008

bit harsh on couthard(last race and went of in the first lap)

Definitely deserved better but he can't complain too much about his career as a whole. Had more time than he deserved at McLaren and as for saying he was unlucky to be competitive at the same time as Schumacher....no doubting Schumacher's perfection (along with the car) but there was no-one else challenging at the time, compared to now where the championship is a 3 way fight between 3 different constructors.
 

Formula 1 2008

bit harsh on couthard(last race and went of in the first lap)

I was absolutely gutted about that. I was desperate for my favourite driver to win his last race (I knew it was a tall order). I've had the great pleasure of celebrating two of his thirteen wins in Formula 1 (Silverstone '99 and Silverstone '00) and both times there was a lot of celebrating. He won the races which meant the most to him and also the ones most drivers respect the most. Monaco x2 and Spa. I've had the pleasure of meeting him twice (once before the win in 2000 and I still have the picture!)

When I went to Germany I knew it'd be the last time I'd see him race so the Red Bull stuff was out in force.

n502155833_1044975_2736.jpg


n502155833_1044180_337.jpg


I had a brilliant spot. Loved it that day. Hamilton won and DC got one over Button
 

Formula 1 2008

no wonder if Jenson was driving one of those :eek: :D

Salford Bee, if you plan on heading to Germany (or another European one) next year, let me know eh - would love to go to a GP :sorted:
 

Formula 1 2008

I dont know why Hamilton is hated.....I think he's alright but if he's that rich why is he living in Switzerland just to save a few quid in taxes if it makes him that unhappy? and he also needs a new bird shes too old for him
 

Formula 1 2008

no wonder if Jenson was driving one of those :eek: :D

Salford Bee, if you plan on heading to Germany (or another European one) next year, let me know eh - would love to go to a GP :sorted:

I'm not currently planning anything. We'll see what happens. Might be season after.
 

Formula 1 2008

I can't believe its nearly a week and the FIA are not pulling out the stops to ban/penalise Hamilton in some way.;)

I suppose the concelation is that the FIA did manage to gift the constructors title to their favourite team.:D
 

Formula 1 2008

got this summary from my Spic mate - it's a fair point really :shrug:

what is clear is that Alonso is the "most complete" driver, with a
less powerfull car, he got 48 points in last 8 races, second was
Hamilton with 45..... no more comments on that.
 

Formula 1 2008

got this summary from my Spic mate - it's a fair point really :shrug:

Quite obviously Alonso is the best all-round driver in F1 right now.

But the likes of Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel are over 4 years younger and given the stage in their careers they are doing phenomenal things that certainly equal what Alonso was doing. It's going to be a vintage few years if the latter 2 can get some equal machinery to Ferrari/McLaren to work with.
 

Formula 1 2008

There is only one thing that will beat Alonso - his ego. I'm surprised his crash helmet fits some days! :D

Saying that, with the rule changes next season I don't expect Maclaren and Ferrari dominating like they have in the past. :fishing:

Watch out for Force India who now have become the Maclaren "B" team by signing up for five years worth of tech support that includes engines & gearboxes. :eek:
 

Formula 1 2008

Quite obviously Alonso is the best all-round driver in F1 right now.

But the likes of Hamilton, Kubica and Vettel are over 4 years younger and given the stage in their careers they are doing phenomenal things that certainly equal what Alonso was doing. It's going to be a vintage few years if the latter 2 can get some equal machinery to Ferrari/McLaren to work with.


Wasnt Hamilton ahead of Alonso in the same car last year ?
 

Formula 1 2008

Wasnt Hamilton ahead of Alonso in the same car last year ?

Absolutely! But Alonso would claim that his car had an engine from a taxi.

If Hamilton's gearbox hadn't mysteriously 're-set' itself he would have been champion last year as well.

To suggest Alonso is a better driver than Hamilton is plain nonsense, he lucked in as Hamilton and the Ferrari pit crew through him points and podiums.
 

Formula 1 2008

Luca Montezuma (Ferrari President) kicked the telly and broke it when Hamilton one, fortunatly, he had another telly so he didn't miss the podium presentation.

Hes the President of Ferrari, why wasn't he in Brazil?, if he had been there with a wad of well filled manilla envelopes, perhaps the result would have been different.;)
 

Formula 1 2008

Bruno Senna, nephew of Ayrton is apparently having a bit of a drive for Honda.


Hope he gets a contract to race for a reasonable/top team.
 
Back
Top Bottom