Frampton on OS

beedeleted

Member
Joined
22 Jul 2004
Messages
541
Reaction score
0

Frampton on OS

What is this nonsense from him on the official site. Can he not understand that the fans are angry not because we are losing but because the players are not giving 100%. The other errors in team and player selection compound matters. If we saw 100% effort then his comments might be valid. A little more honesty Andy please.
 

Frampton on OS

He says everyone is so positive around the training ground that it is only a matter of time until it comes right.
I've not seen anything positive on the pitch yet unfortunately, maybe we should play the match from the training ground if it is so good there
 

Frampton on OS

its the kind of call you expect, he's not really going to spout on about people not trying, fans starting on him etc
 

Frampton on OS

we should all boo him and repremand him for such drivel let's NOT get behind the team and NOT turn GP into a fortress that'll teach him for disrepecting us fans :rolleyes:
 

Frampton on OS

its the kind of call you expect, he's not really going to spout on about people not trying, fans starting on him etc

Exactly.

I'm not quite sure what people expect.

Do you think he's going to come out and say that players aren't giving their all, the manager doesn't know what he's doing and he likes supporters slagging the team off.

Even if he thought it, and I firmly believe he doesn't, he wouldn't say it.

TBH I think he's trying to get everyone thinking positively, whatever supporters feel the majority of this set of players are the ones who will have to get us out of this mess, he said that if they get support from the sides it is more likely to happen.
Does anyon believe the opposite.

People moan when there is nothing up there, and moan when something goes up, the club can't win.




*I should end this post with the information that it was me that spoke to Andy and wrote the piece.
 

Frampton on OS

People moan when there is nothing up there, and moan when something goes up, the club can't win.

Spot on. It makes a nice change to hear something from one of the players.

Dont really see why the thread is named 'Frampton Drivel', he has come out with eveything you would expect and hope to hear from our vice-captain.
 

Frampton on OS

I'm not quite sure what people expect.

If he`s happy to go round offering fans out perhaps an apology? Seems it will be brushed under the carpet just like the Pratley incident at Gillingham...
 

Frampton on OS

If he`s happy to go round offering fans out perhaps an apology? Seems it will be brushed under the carpet just like the Pratley incident at Gillingham...

If you dish it out you should expect it back. This is the PVC rule and we stick to it.
 

Frampton on OS

If you dish it out you should expect it back. This is the PVC rule and we stick to it.

Didnt see the incident. Regardless, our players should not react like that IMHO. They have to take the rough and the smooth:wave:
 

Frampton on OS

If he`s happy to go round offering fans out perhaps an apology? Seems it will be brushed under the carpet just like the Pratley incident at Gillingham...

I didn't hear about Frampton offering people out??
When did that happen?
 

Frampton on OS

I didn't hear about Frampton offering people out??
When did that happen?

After the surrender at Gillingham, he was going mental. Personally I was right up the back but I wish the bloke who had given him some had called his bluff.
His distorted features needed a smack.
 

Frampton on OS

Yeah i heard about the Pratley incident. Didn't have Frampton down as that sort of pro?
 

Frampton on OS

I'm not quite sure what people expect.

Do you think he's going to come out and say that players aren't giving their all, the manager doesn't know what he's doing and he likes supporters slagging the team off.

People moan when there is nothing up there, and moan when something goes up, the club can't win.

With you all the way. Who expects him to do a Ratner? Anyway, MA used to ask for support and no one grumbled then, even when we had the bad run at the end of the season.
 

Frampton on OS

Good to see something from the players perspective.

Didn't we take the lead in at least two games recently, Gillingham and Notts Forest, and fail to hold onto it
 

Frampton on OS

The player 'offering out' a fan in the crowd is an annual event at Brentford these days though isn't it?
 

Frampton on OS

About time the silence ended on the website.and a very welcome statement and I hope the fans get behind them but really it is now up ti the team to put in a good old brentford performance weather we win or lose just a fighting performace.
 

Frampton on OS

Can't credit people knocking Frampton who has given his all while at this club and is trying to be positive in difficult circumstances.

Incidentally I do get amused by all those 'I pay my money so I can abuse them as much as I like' types who get upset and sensitive when occasionally players vent their frustration and have a go back. These lads are human beings and - believe it or not - having feelings however crap they are playing. if Frampton had a go on Saturday I don't blame him - he's not one of those not trying. How many of you lot have had thousands of people howling abuse at you?
 

Frampton on OS

Can't credit people knocking Frampton who has given his all while at this club and is trying to be positive in difficult circumstances.

Incidentally I do get amused by all those 'I pay my money so I can abuse them as much as I like' types who get upset and sensitive when occasionally players vent their frustration and have a go back. These lads are human beings and - believe it or not - having feelings however crap they are playing. if Frampton had a go on Saturday I don't blame him - he's not one of those not trying. How many of you lot have had thousands of people howling abuse at you?
Good post. I'm personally glad Framps acted the way he did. For me that shows he was upset about losing the match and was really pissed off. If you read these posts Framps, get your team mates together and show that aggression on the pitch. It has to be you guys that make GP a place foe visiting teams to fear. The fans will soon echo this.
 

Frampton on OS

Can't credit people knocking Frampton who has given his all while at this club and is trying to be positive in difficult circumstances.

Incidentally I do get amused by all those 'I pay my money so I can abuse them as much as I like' types who get upset and sensitive when occasionally players vent their frustration and have a go back. These lads are human beings and - believe it or not - having feelings however crap they are playing. if Frampton had a go on Saturday I don't blame him - he's not one of those not trying. How many of you lot have had thousands of people howling abuse at you?

:imwith:

Framps is normally one our most committed players.

Let's hope he can rally his troops on Saturday.
 

Frampton on OS

There was only 3 thousand fans from both teams there so i dont think you can say it was thousands howling abuse. And from what i heard it wasnt even personal at him just a general thing. Footballers love all the advantages of their lifestyle so they should take the bad with it. It is not difficult to walk off a football pitch with your head to the floor ashamed.
 

Frampton on OS

Good post. I'm personally glad Framps acted the way he did. For me that shows he was upset about losing the match and was really pissed off. If you read these posts Framps, get your team mates together and show that aggression on the pitch. It has to be you guys that make GP a place foe visiting teams to fear. The fans will soon echo this.

:imwith:
 

Frampton on OS

I can understand 'a rallying call' and I haven't got anything against Frampton (Except his show of unprofessionalism at the end on Saturday) but I just don't buy the words he says?

Its almost a 'crisis what crisis?'...

Should have not done the interview and just concentrated on getting things right for Saturday... Andy, the fans don't really feel sorry for you and your teammates...
 

Frampton on OS

Poor Sily Hat has emigrated in fear. He won't bee back :sad: :cry:
 

Frampton on OS

Communication at last

Well, at long last we hear from someone within the club about the current situation we find ourselves in. Shame it was left to the vice captain. It would have been nice to hear from the manager or captain but Leroy in particular seems to need lessons in communication skills.:talk:

I have no problem with Framps calling for GP to become a fortress but he has to realise the reasons why we keep on getting turned over - bad tactics, lack of commitment and piss poor performances on the pitch.:eek:

As West Wilts says 'get your team mates together and show that aggression on the pitch' - it's no good saying everything is great at the training ground, we don't win points for training:nono:
 

Frampton on OS

Well, at long last we hear from someone within the club about the current situation we find ourselves in. Shame it was left to the vice captain. It would have been nice to hear from the manager or captain but Leroy in particular seems to need lessons in communication skills.:talk:

A couple of others have made similar points that I feel I should respond to.

The reason Andy's comments are on the OS are because I called him. I try to speak to at least one player about a game for the programme and Andy just happened to be the person I spoke to this week.

The results of our conversation are on the website, and will be in the programme.

It wasn't 'left to the vice-captain'.
 

Frampton on OS

A couple of others have made similar points that I feel I should respond to.

The reason Andy's comments are on the OS are because I called him. I try to speak to at least one player about a game for the programme and Andy just happened to be the person I spoke to this week.

The results of our conversation are on the website, and will be in the programme.

It wasn't 'left to the vice-captain'.

Cheers for clearing that up.
 

Frampton on OS

I can understand 'a rallying call' and I haven't got anything against Frampton (Except his show of unprofessionalism at the end on Saturday) but I just don't buy the words he says?

Its almost a 'crisis what crisis?'...

That's my main concern, too. I don't expect him to undermine the manager or his team-mates, but this sounds too complacent from a team that haven't won in 15 games - would be OK from a successful team that had just lost 2 or 3, but our problem seems deeper
 

Frampton on OS

we should all boo him and repremand him for such drivel let's NOT get behind the team and NOT turn GP into a fortress that'll teach him for disrepecting us fans :rolleyes:
glad to see your desperate to get 3 points this weekend...
 

Frampton on OS

The reason Andy's comments are on the OS are because I called him.

Interesting, though, that it was also put on the O/S. There seems to be a bit of a PR blitz on at the moment, with LR's interview and all.

Anyway, imagine the flak he'd get if you had called him and he said "piss off, I don't want to speak to you"! :eek:
 

Frampton on OS

Interesting, though, that it was also put on the O/S. There seems to be a bit of a PR blitz on at the moment, with LR's interview and all.

Everyone at the club that I have spoke to is desperate to get everyone pulling in the same direction, IMHO a message like this should only help that cause.
Anyway, imagine the flak he'd get if you had called him and he said "piss off, I don't want to speak to you"! :eek:

That would have been his perogative but I treat my contacts well so he'd have no need to do that.
 

Frampton on OS

nice one andy, now show us on the pitch with a win on saturday.
 

Frampton on OS

Frampton acts like the captain on and off the pitch shame we dont get the same from kev.
 

Frampton on OS

Did you guys miss Frampton playing to maybe 20% potential last saturday? Or was it it only me?

After 43 years I have had enough.............
 

Frampton on OS

.....he didn't love the club that much not to stall on a new contract for ages.....

yeah get rid quick!
- doesn't love the club enough to accept an offer that didn't recognise that he is at the peak of his earning power.
- then has the audacity to ask the fans to really get behind the team and try to turn GP into a fortress.

It's people like Framps that are bringing this country (and this football club) downhill fast.

Framps OUT Framps OUT Framps OUT:wave: :wave: :wave:









:rolleyes:
 

Frampton on OS

Exactly.

I'm not quite sure what people expect.

Do you think he's going to come out and say that players aren't giving their all, the manager doesn't know what he's doing and he likes supporters slagging the team off.

Even if he thought it, and I firmly believe he doesn't, he wouldn't say it!
Maybe he should join Bees United and start a revolt?:D
 

Frampton on OS

Putting aside his tantrum on Saturday.......perhaps he has been proved right to wait. Seems his reluctance to put pen to paper as he had reservations about the new Manager were justified and he's probably kicking himself that he didn't stand by his conveictions and wait longer.

As far as his post on OS, fair play to him, it would be easy to hide and say nothing and he hasn't. Saturday his distribution was woeful but that aside he did OK, we just expect better from him and Kev as we know they're capable.
 

Frampton on OS

Putting aside his tantrum on Saturday.......perhaps he has been proved right to wait. Seems his reluctance to put pen to paper as he had reservations about the new Manager were justified and he's probably kicking himself that he didn't stand by his conveictions and wait longer.

As far as his post on OS, fair play to him, it would be easy to hide and say nothing and he hasn't. Saturday his distribution was woeful but that aside he did OK, we just expect better from him and Kev as we know they're capable.

Second that!
Framps' article is the usual we want a win spie you get at any club, no more no less. He has a place in the starting line up to preserve and slagging of himself or his team mates does not make sense.
Shame the "management" or board don't have the guts to offer an overview of the situation.
The club need to remember support is a two way thing, fans need to feel appreciated as much as the players do.:(
 
Back
Top Bottom