General Cricket Thread (2 Viewers)

General Cricket Thread

General Cricket Thread

Nearly forgot there was a game today. I appreciate the need for warm up games for the Champions trophy in the odi format. However, meaningless white ball series are making games like this totally irrelevant and boring imo.
 

General Cricket Thread

Both teams bowled out in a day. Shambolic. Stat padder Babar Azam no longer able to feast om home wickets
 

General Cricket Thread

England women having a torrid time out in Aus.....
Lost the latest T20 by 72 runs....
16-0 Ashes result on the cards ......
 

General Cricket Thread

England women having a torrid time out in Aus.....
Lost the latest T20 by 72 runs....
16-0 Ashes result on the cards ......
Today was a disaster but it's actually been a lot closer than the score suggests.
 

General Cricket Thread

General Cricket Thread

Pakistan in deep trouble at 76-4 chasing 254 to win - Pakistan preparing the same kind of pitches as they did for the 2nd and 3rd tests against us.
 

General Cricket Thread

Technically it is out but I'm glad that the Fielding team called him back, not sure if Banton was captain but it looked as though it was his idea to call TC back. Naive from Curran but clearly wasn't trying to gain an advantage was just walking down to talk to his partner between overs. Pooran clearly didn't want to call him back.
Its out.
Why did he walk out of his ground with the ball clearly still in play?
It appears stupidity is creeping into cricket rapidly
 

General Cricket Thread

I am starting planning after an 8 year absence.
I'm only playing village cricket but I need a bat.Any recommendations please?.

How much do I need to spend to get a decent bat.
 

General Cricket Thread

Sri Lanka really struggling at home to Australia

Australia - 654/6 dec in 154.0 overs

Only FOUR bowlers used !!

Asitha Fernando
15 1 77 0
Nishan Peiris
41 1 189 0
Prabath Jayasuriya
60 8 193 3
Jeffrey Vandersay
38 0 182 3
 

General Cricket Thread

Sri Lanka really struggling at home to Australia

Australia - 654/6 dec in 154.0 overs

Only FOUR bowlers used !!

Asitha Fernando
15 1 77 0
Nishan Peiris
41 1 189 0
Prabath Jayasuriya
60 8 193 3
Jeffrey Vandersay
38 0 182 3
I watched some of this yesterday and Sri Lanka missed 3 chances that were out but not reviewed and dropped a fairly easy caught and bowled from Smith on 9, all before Aussies had scored 150.
 
Last edited:

General Cricket Thread

I'm a fan of women's cricket but watching England today has been horrific - think there's been 5 dropped catches and misfield after misfield. Truly embarrassing. Women against girls.
 

General Cricket Thread

I'm a fan of women's cricket but watching England today has been horrific - think there's been 5 dropped catches and misfield after misfield. Truly embarrassing. Women against girls.
They are embarrassing - all this rubbish about them being fit enough is nonsense. Compare and contrast v Australia in the field and it's night and day. 16-0 incoming.
 

General Cricket Thread

t20 v India on Sky at 13.30 .... 2-1 down in five match t20 series.
 

General Cricket Thread

I'm a fan of women's cricket but watching England today has been horrific - think there's been 5 dropped catches and misfield after misfield. Truly embarrassing. Women against girls.
Yes I've been a big fan of the women's team, and its been great to see their journeys over the last few years. But this series has really showed how much they still have to travel.

I think the most frustrating thing, is how seemingly the players are in complete denial. Every team can have a bad session, day, game... but this has been all series, and the dropped catches suggest that mentally they are shot.

There is a lot of conversation about the coach Jon Lewis position, which does seem completely untenable. But I think its come to point where its gone beyond one person taking the can. Sadly I think it might be the end of the road of Heather Knight as captain. Its a shame, as she's been a great servant, and maybe she still has a role in the side, but under new leadership. I wonder if we might see the end of some careers after this too - Tammy Beaumont (33), Danni Wyatt-Hodge (33), Nat Sciver-Brunt (32), Amy Jones (31)... even Kate Cross (32), who I know hasn't played, but it might be a time for a change all round.

Build a new side around the youngsters - Lauren Bell (24), Freya Kemp (19), Alice Capsey (20). Trouble is, I'm not sure if there is an obvious candidate for captain? Maybe Sophia Dunkley?
 

General Cricket Thread

Yes I've been a big fan of the women's team, and its been great to see their journeys over the last few years. But this series has really showed how much they still have to travel.

I think the most frustrating thing, is how seemingly the players are in complete denial. Every team can have a bad session, day, game... but this has been all series, and the dropped catches suggest that mentally they are shot.

There is a lot of conversation about the coach Jon Lewis position, which does seem completely untenable. But I think its come to point where its gone beyond one person taking the can. Sadly I think it might be the end of the road of Heather Knight as captain. Its a shame, as she's been a great servant, and maybe she still has a role in the side, but under new leadership. I wonder if we might see the end of some careers after this too - Tammy Beaumont (33), Danni Wyatt-Hodge (33), Nat Sciver-Brunt (32), Amy Jones (31)... even Kate Cross (32), who I know hasn't played, but it might be a time for a change all round.

Build a new side around the youngsters - Lauren Bell (24), Freya Kemp (19), Alice Capsey (20). Trouble is, I'm not sure if there is an obvious candidate for captain? Maybe Sophia Dunkley?
I think they are all better players than they're showing but they've seemed shockingly unprepared - every big moment they've had has been thrown away by their poor play. Of the players you list above, I wouldn't be getting rid of Nat Sciver-Brunt as she seems the most consistent and professional out of all of them. Doesn't strike me as a captain though.
 

General Cricket Thread

I think they are all better players than they're showing but they've seemed shockingly unprepared - every big moment they've had has been thrown away by their poor play. Of the players you list above, I wouldn't be getting rid of Nat Sciver-Brunt as she seems the most consistent and professional out of all of them. Doesn't strike me as a captain though.
I agree about Sciver-Brunt... she does seem the most focused. Suppose it depends how server the surgeon wishes to wield the scalpel during the post-series analysis.
 

General Cricket Thread

4th T20 starting now. Let the hoiking begin. England to bowl balls far enough away from the stumps that they can't be hit first.
 
Last edited:

General Cricket Thread

General Cricket Thread

Interesting the flow of money from India that is coming into The Hundred. I can see the format will no longer exist within 3-5 years and will be turned in a wider T20 competition in August - the money will flow once the Indian players start participating. It will completely write off test cricket in England in August. Sad times IMO.

 

General Cricket Thread

sh*t and meaningless franchise cricket. Cricket burp.
 

General Cricket Thread

SA is basically IPL SA as the teams are all owned by IPL franchises - sad to see the same happening here in the Hundred.
Yep agreed with this but still makes it popular with South Africans as the big bash does with the Aussies. Saw part of the SA test series against Pakistan, next to no one in attendance.

The IPL franchises are no mugs, they did not buy into The Hundred, they brought into a window of a month where realistically only place where cricket can be played by the current test playing nations - they will create a new IPL version here in England and ECB went for the highest bidders. ECB have sold out English cricket longer term. I used to love watching test match cricket in August in England. I am many who love test cricket will now be prevented watching this.

For what it is worth, I am no fan of franchise cricket but it's here to stay. Interesting that the current white ball England captain made it know he would rather have been playing the final stages of the IPL than a T20 series for England against Pakistan last May.
 

General Cricket Thread

Interesting Test Match between Ireland and Zimbabe.

 

General Cricket Thread

Both Vitality Blast matches yesterday were tied - you'd have got long odds on that happening...
 

General Cricket Thread

Interesting Test Match between Ireland and Zimbabe.

Good win for us there, particularly after being 31/5 in the 1st innings.

We've won our last 3 test matches now. It's just a shame that we don't play more red ball cricket.
 

General Cricket Thread

As expected Buttler has stepped down .

Not sure who will take over long term - Brook has been suggested.
 
Back
Top Bottom