Get Behind Bees United

West Wilts Bee

Active member
Joined
9 Apr 2001
Messages
7,421
Reaction score
1,334
Location
wiltshire

Get Behind Bees United

Anyone that thinks bees united are going nowhere think again, although there is still a long way to go things are looking quite positive. Now is the time for all bees fans to join BU and donate a st/order. If we could double our membership, just think of the clout that we could have. We must all be positive about Lionel rd,with all bees fans behind the project I doubt we will fail.

COME ON YOU KNOW IT MAKES SENSE.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Spot on.

Come on people, get signed up, get involved and become a real part of the future of Brentford Football Club.
 

Get Behind Bees United

in theory correct... in practice it's like our attempts to tackle climate change. we need everybody on board 100% all the time. given the current situation we are in and the crap we have to put up with week in week out people just won't tag along.
it's a shame because it could work but people arent going to commit financially and on a regular basis to something that might backfire
 

Get Behind Bees United

All "Bees Utd OUT" folks should

(1) Consider the alternatives
(2) Consider the risks those alternatives bring in
(3) Be a little more patient *

* Obvoiusly I am not talking about on the field performances and results.....they are abysmal.
 

Get Behind Bees United

OPEN LETTER TO BEES UNITED.

1. The alternative is we might get somebody in who has a f***ing clue what they're doing.

2. The risk is we might get somebody in who asset strips the club and we go out of business, the current risk is if we stay with BU we carry on in freefall and go out of business anyway, what's the difference, except we're being F***ED by our own?

3. Be patient? After 3 years, instead of consolidating what we had they are making the club a laughing stock, making it weaker on and off the field and pushing it towards the biggest crisis since 1967.

As for the continual self pity re- nobody is worse off than us, we haven't got a pot to piss in, blah blah blah- Darlington (with a former chairman, who would have put robert maxwell in the shade when it comes to corruption ) 2nd in the league, yesterdays home gate- 3000, Rotherham 3rd - yesterdays home gate - 3832, hereford 4th- yesterdays home gate - 2804. There are clubs in this league with smaller crowds and playing budgets than us who seem to manage and thrive, you can only put it down to the incompetent idiots who run the club, would they manage their own businesses as badly, no I don't think so. Bees united is simply an ego trip for a lot of people, who aren't big enough to admit they've f***ed up big time, at the expense of Brentford football club.

FOR THE FUTURE OF BRENTFORD FOOTBALL CLUB DO THE DECENT THING AND GO NOW.
 

Get Behind Bees United

3. Be patient? After 3 years, instead of consolidating what we had they are making the club a laughing stock, making it weaker on and off the field and pushing it towards the biggest crisis since 1967.

Bees Utd have been pushing to saveguard the future of this club for a while...This was never going to take 3 years...If we want to emulate Reading, Wigan, etc.....then some pain must be endured, for longer term objectives
 

Get Behind Bees United

All "Bees Utd OUT" folks should

(1) Consider the alternatives
(2) Consider the risks those alternatives bring in
(3) Be a little more patient


(1) The alternatives seem to work fine for all the other cubs in the football league and beyond. If the trust ownership model is so successful, why isn't everyone doing it?
(2) There may be risks but IMO those risks can be mitigated and reduced with some careful planning. A representative of BU on the board should suffice.
(3) We are only one relegation from effectively oblivion. Salvation will not be found in the Conference in from of 1800 paying spectators.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Bees Utd have been pushing to saveguard the future of this club for a while...This was never going to take 3 years...If we want to emulate Reading, Wigan, etc.....then some pain must be endured, for longer term objectives

Jam tomorrow, sh*t today? :sorted:
 

Get Behind Bees United

Bees United (and in turn) BFC have plenty of suits who are trying to sort out the business side of things. What it badly needs is a football person, who knows the game from League 1 downwards. Until that happens, there is no point in even bothering to sack any more managers, however dissatisfied everyone is with the current set-up.
 

Get Behind Bees United

All "Bees Utd OUT" folks should

(1) Consider the alternatives
(2) Consider the risks those alternatives bring in
(3) Be a little more patient *

* Obvoiusly I am not talking about on the field performances and results.....they are abysmal.


Perhaps you ought to look at the "on the pitch" performances since BU took majority control in Jan 2006 and weight up the risks of them staying in charge.

The main risk to me seems to be that our league place will be lost by the end of this season or next.

The serious risk here is in keeping BU in charge not in getting rid of them.

BU won't do that though will they, that would be like a turkey putting a Christmas tree up in its box. We now have yet another version of BU who have "ideas" on how to take the club forward. I expect there will be another half dozen consultation documents published as we continue our slide out of the football league

As for your * "I'm not talking about on the field" Get real, this is a football club. On the pitch is what matters. If we are not in the sodding football league this club is dead. End of. Wakey wakey. Nothing else matters.

BU Out.
 

Get Behind Bees United

1. The alternative is we might get somebody in who has a f***ing clue what they're doing.

2. The risk is we might get somebody in who asset strips the club and we go out of business, the current risk is if we stay with BU we carry on in freefall and go out of business anyway, what's the difference, except we're being F***ED by our own?

3. Be patient? After 3 years, instead of consolidating what we had they are making the club a laughing stock, making it weaker on and off the field and pushing it towards the biggest crisis since 1967.

As for the continual self pity re- nobody is worse off than us, we haven't got a pot to piss in, blah blah blah- Darlington (with a former chairman, who would have put robert maxwell in the shade when it comes to corruption ) 2nd in the league, yesterdays home gate- 3000, Rotherham 3rd - yesterdays home gate - 3832, hereford 4th- yesterdays home gate - 2804. There are clubs in this league with smaller crowds and playing budgets than us who seem to manage and thrive, you can only put it down to the incompetent idiots who run the club, would they manage their own businesses as badly, no I don't think so. Bees united is simply an ego trip for a lot of people, who aren't big enough to admit they've f***ed up big time, at the expense of Brentford football club.

FOR THE FUTURE OF BRENTFORD FOOTBALL CLUB DO THE DECENT THING AND GO NOW.

Got to admit, i've been thinking on the same sort of line for a while myself and as I said on a previous thread, I was about to knock my membership on the head.

That said, since the news that abee will be getting back involved I'm up for giving it a bit more time and will double my monthly donation.
 

Get Behind Bees United

All "Bees Utd OUT" folks should

(1) Consider the alternatives
(2) Consider the risks those alternatives bring in
(3) Be a little more patient *

* Obvoiusly I am not talking about on the field performances and results.....they are abysmal.

I'd rather take the risks then have a manager who is showing no signs of improvement, always slating other managers, only in the job even after a 7-0 drubbing because we can't afford to sack him. To add he's the 3rd manager in a year that has been selected by the current set-up.

If I was responsible for a similar situation at my work I wouldn't have a job any more.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Got to admit, i've been thinking on the same sort of line for a while myself and as I said on a previous thread, I was about to knock my membership on the head.

That said, since the news that abee will be getting back involved I'm up for giving it a bit more time and will double my monthly donation.


abee is (hopefully) half the answer, if he can sort out the off the field stuff that would be great. BUT we still have to find someone to sort out the playing side or it's a waste of abee's time IMO
 

Get Behind Bees United

whilst bees utd is a well intentioned effort its not working
you have not got the support of the majority of the fans
we just dont know what your doing with the day to day running of our club

we all know the downward spirral started long ago when the readings/watfords etc were investing in there new stadia what were we doing ? now we find ourselves in massive debt so we reduce the playing budget get relegated crowds drop reduce the playing budget crowds drop even further theres only one place this club is going
thanks for your efforts but please find this club a buyer or arrange a groundshare so we can sell gp and clear the debt or put it into administration your just delaying the inevitable
lionel road is not going to happen
 

Get Behind Bees United

Do not make me laugh. BU have been the worst thing EVER for this club. Please just go as you have ripped this club apart! :mad1: :mad2:
 

Get Behind Bees United

Do not make me laugh. BU have been the worst thing EVER for this club. Please just go as you have ripped this club apart! :mad1: :mad2:

Worse than the man who put us £m's in debt? Worse than the man who was selling all of our best players and getting some off the top?

I think there needs to be a little perspective here ... after all it was BU who appointed Martin Allen.
 

Get Behind Bees United

I think there needs to be a little perspective here ... after all it was BU who appointed Martin Allen.

Really? BU took control of the club in Jan 2006 well after Allen's appointment.

BU did have representatives on the Board then but as for appointing him !!

They certainly did however appoint Rosenior, Fitzgerald and Butcher !

As for worse than the others you quote. Certainly on the pitch much worse. Off it, better intentioned but heading to be equally as bad I would say
 

Get Behind Bees United

Really? BU took control of the club in Jan 2006 well after Allen's appointment.

BU did have representatives on the Board then but as for appointing him !!

They certainly did however appoint Rosenior, Fitzgerald and Butcher !

As for worse than the others you quote. Certainly on the pitch much worse. Off it, better intentioned but heading to be equally as bad I would say

BU have been running the club ever since Noades buggered off in 2002/3.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Really? BU took control of the club in Jan 2006 well after Allen's appointment.

BU did have representatives on the Board then but as for appointing him !!

They certainly did however appoint Rosenior, Fitzgerald and Butcher !

As for worse than the others you quote. Certainly on the pitch much worse. Off it, better intentioned but heading to be equally as bad I would say

I'm not that interested in defending BU but for anyone to suggest that they have done more harm than Noades or Webb is ludicrous.
 

Get Behind Bees United

BU have been running the club ever since Noades buggered off in 2002/3.

...................but not owning it until January 2006 . Some would say the owners of the club run it.

So what seems to be the case then is that when BU ran it but didn't own it things were fine but as soon as they also owned it, things went pear shaped and have got worse and worse.

Interesting, perhaps we could go back to the first situation then please.........!
 

Get Behind Bees United

I'm not that interested in defending BU but for anyone to suggest that they have done more harm than Noades or Webb is ludicrous.


................depends if your interest is what happens on the pitch or off it. Of course you are right.:) Certainly about Noades. W£bb did what he did but I doubt it cost us a fortune.:(

Personally, I am also very interested in "on the pitch" proceedings where they are presiding over an ongoing disaster we may never recover from.:confused: :sad:
 

Get Behind Bees United

................depends if your interest is what happens on the pitch or off it. Of course you are right.:) Certainly about Noades. W£bb did what he did but I doubt it cost us a fortune.:(

Personally, I am also very interested in "on the pitch" proceedings where they are presiding over an ongoing disaster we may never recover from.:confused: :sad:

You and I probably have similar views on investment bringing rewards but nobody could advocate any of the Noades madness could they?

Can you blame BU for Leroy, Fitz and Butcher? Perhaps yes because they allowed themselves to be put in a position where they had very little say but other factors outside of BU's control have got us where we are. Personally I think that BU inviting Greg Dyke in as chairman and then letting him have the freedom to influence managerial choices was a big mistake - he may bring other qualities but he is probably is no better qualified to appoint a football manager than you and I - and that seems to apply to most of the board and the CEO who have very little experience in football.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Les, this thread is calling for people to back the very organisation who has led us to this hellish situation. Of course all was not rosy in the garden when they took over finacially and Noades' mark will mean this club will probably never fully recover.

However, when BU took control, we were in the FA Cup 5th round, in contention for automatic promotion, crowd numbers were at a decent level and there was a feel good factor around the place.

Now, we are staring the conference in the face, our financial problems have worsened, crowd numbers are at an all time low and fans ebb is at an all time low. I think it would be silly to not lay a portion of blame at Noades' door, but BU have done a pretty good job of screwing this club big time and that is unforgivable considering the position we were in 20 months ago.
 

Get Behind Bees United

I can assure you we don't differ about Noades and W£bb. We both know where the decline started.

That is water under the bridge now though and although it can reasonably be trotted out as a catalyst for our problems we have got to move on.

I really don't believe BU know where they are going with this club. Lionel Rd is a potential help (assuming we manage to stay professional in the lead up to it) but do we really need BU - or a Supporter owned club for Lionel Rd to be a reality. Of course not.

Can I blame BU for the last 3 disastrous appointments. Well yes, why not. They owned the club at the time and they appointed those who were on the various panels. They have presided over a situation where we have sold our best players and not re-invested the proceeds (despite saying at the time they did not have to be sold) and Dyke in the Annual report has confirmed that was a big factor in our relegation.

BU cannot run this club on buttons. That has been proved.

It is time for us to try something else I'm afraid and that to me means getting a big investor in. The difference this time is that BU can call the shots as to who this is and protect the ground etc.

Cue "where are these multi-millionaires they're not round every corner you know" posts from the usual suspects.

They are out there and I'm reasonably sure that if BU approached Dyke, abee , Bee H and Benham and said they want to sell out and could these Gentlemen please organise a friendly consortium then it might actually happen !

Otherwise, we are heading for non league oblivion at the hands of our 60% owners who have nothing left to invest in the club.

I gather there are some within BU that think along vaguely similar lines but frankly it isn't going to happen quickly enough unless they up the ante a bit . We don't have time for a 2 year consultation period. We are 18th and falling like a stone !
 

Get Behind Bees United

Les, this thread is calling for people to back the very organisation who has led us to this hellish situation. Of course all was not rosy in the garden when they took over finacially and Noades' mark will mean this club will probably never fully recover.

However, when BU took control, we were in the FA Cup 5th round, in contention for automatic promotion, crowd numbers were at a decent level and there was a feel good factor around the place.

Now, we are staring the conference in the face, our financial problems have worsened, crowd numbers are at an all time low and fans ebb is at an all time low. I think it would be silly to not lay a portion of blame at Noades' door, but BU have done a pretty good job of screwing this club big time and that is unforgivable considering the position we were in 20 months ago.

I'm not going to disagree with you - to get to here from 18 months ago is failure of some magnitude. Nobody should forget that it was Noades who destroyed this club though.
 

Get Behind Bees United

BU have done there bit, they got rid of Noades and there plans for Lionel Road havent happened fans have been waiting for ages!
BU have had there time, without money there isnt a way for, if we sit here and just slowly pay off this debt we will end up semi-pro,
we seriouly need to look for a buyer who will be passionate for the club and fans!
 

Get Behind Bees United

BU have done there bit, they got rid of Noades and there plans for Lionel Road havent happened fans have been waiting for ages!

I am aware my post earlier may have sparked some debate, but I have a feeling good "off the pitch" news isnt far away.....if only we could have some decent "on the pitch" news too
 

Get Behind Bees United

I can assure you we don't differ about Noades and W£bb. We both know where the decline started.

That is water under the bridge now though and although it can reasonably be trotted out as a catalyst for our problems we have got to move on.

I really don't believe BU know where they are going with this club. Lionel Rd is a potential help (assuming we manage to stay professional in the lead up to it) but do we really need BU - or a Supporter owned club for Lionel Rd to be a reality. Of course not.

Can I blame BU for the last 3 disastrous appointments. Well yes, why not. They owned the club at the time and they appointed those who were on the various panels. They have presided over a situation where we have sold our best players and not re-invested the proceeds (despite saying at the time they did not have to be sold) and Dyke in the Annual report has confirmed that was a big factor in our relegation.

BU cannot run this club on buttons. That has been proved.

It is time for us to try something else I'm afraid and that to me means getting a big investor in. The difference this time is that BU can call the shots as to who this is and protect the ground etc.

Cue "where are these multi-millionaires they're not round every corner you know" posts from the usual suspects.

They are out there and I'm reasonably sure that if BU approached Dyke, abee , Bee H and Benham and said they want to sell out and could these Gentlemen please organise a friendly consortium then it might actually happen !

Otherwise, we are heading for non league oblivion at the hands of our 60% owners who have nothing left to invest in the club.

I gather there are some within BU that think along vaguely similar lines but frankly it isn't going to happen quickly enough unless they up the ante a bit . We don't have time for a 2 year consultation period. We are 18th and falling like a stone !

Read this and weep.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Where are these multi millionaires they're not round every corner you know? ;)

BU already has sold out to investors in that the other creditors/'investors' to BFC have more control over the board than BU. Why does anybody think they wouldn't continue to do this? Why do people think there are people queuing up to lend money to a failing company beyond the value of it's only asset?

The only people willing to 'invest' in bfc will be a) people looking to make money out of GP and then get out b) bees fans with absolutely shed loads of money and a desire to lose some and c) a rich person who hates his money

a) can't see this working out well for us
b) I think we know who these people are, they are already involved (thanks in part to BU) and are presumably at the limit of their intended involvement (all secured by GP)
c) doesn't happen

I've asked this question only fractionally less than it's been provoked by JTofBFC and letsallgtolourdes but i've never seen any more detail around the 'emergency millionaire' solution.
JTofBFC said:
They are out there
:sorted:
JTofBFC said:
Dyke, abee , Bee H and Benham
these are all on the board or represented on it and apart from one of them (I think) they all have large chunks of change tiued up in the club that they won't see back until GP is sold or somebody takes over their debt. Do you think they are sitting around waiting to be told to look for a solution?

"we need a millionaire"
"where are the millionaires?"

conversation ends. Every time.

I will be as happy as anyone if someobody does come along who loves the club and doesn't mind not getting a return from their cash. Until this person turns up the cry of BU OUT is totally roger irrelevant. They have already basically handed over the club to it's other creditors, especially with their latest appointment.
 

Get Behind Bees United

I am aware my post earlier may have sparked some debate, but I have a feeling good "off the pitch" news isnt far away.....if only we could have some decent "on the pitch" news too



......................maybe we've already had the off-the-pitch good news, in that abee has agreed to become a BU representative on the BFC board......

....................other good news off-the-pitch that I'm waiting to hear is that Dyke decides that he can't work with abee on the board, and therefore decides to resign, and in a surprising display of honour, Dickens, Butcher and Scott also resign on the basis that they were appointed by Dyke, and if he goes, they must too...........never mind that in doing so, they will be relinquishing their claims to severance pay.............now, was that the first Cuckoo of Spring that I've just heard?...................
 

Get Behind Bees United

......................maybe we've already had the off-the-pitch good news, in that abee has agreed to become a BU representative on the BFC board......

....................other good news off-the-pitch that I'm waiting to hear is that Dyke decides that he can't work with abee on the board, and therefore decides to resign, and in a surprising display of honour, Dickens, Butcher and Scott also resign on the basis that they were appointed by Dyke, and if he goes, they must too...........never mind that in doing so, they will be relinquishing their claims to severance pay.............now, was that the first Cuckoo of Spring that I've just heard?...................

Greg Dyke is the BU appointed non-executive chairman. I assume that we are all on the same side and that nobody on the BFC or BU boards is happy with the way things are on the pitch. The serious problem is that if this downward momentum/cycle (call it what you will) is not stopped and stopped immediately then we are gonna be looking at 1500-1600 max season ticket sales next summer. If promotion is not achieved this season then at least the building blocks have to be in place to give supporters hope and some assurance that it's all gonna be different next year.

I'm not sure exactly what Greg Dyke's resignation would achieve and as far as I am aware he is a key member of the drive for a new stadium. However it goes with the job of football club chairman that you have to take the heat when things are not going well and I'm sure he would have been well aware of this when he took the job.

My area of expertise is running businesses and I see myself offering help to Keith Dickens (if he needs it) and hopefully making a considerable difference.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Greg Dyke is the BU appointed non-executive chairman. I assume that we are all on the same side and that nobody on the BFC or BU boards is happy with the way things are on the pitch. The serious problem is that if this downward momentum/cycle (call it what you will) is not stopped and stopped immediately then we are gonna be looking at 1500-1600 max season ticket sales next summer. If promotion is not achieved this season then at least the building blocks have to be in place to give supporters hope and some assurance that it's all gonna be different next year.

I'm not sure exactly what Greg Dyke's resignation would achieve and as far as I am aware he is a key member of the drive for a new stadium. However it goes with the job of football club chairman that you have to take the heat when things are not going well and I'm sure he would have been well aware of this when he took the job.

My area of expertise is running businesses and I see myself offering help to Keith Dickens (if he needs it) and hopefully making a considerable difference.


Dyke's resignation would show that he takes some responsibility for the ongoing debacle at BFC and who knows, we may end up with a Chairman who actively goes out to promote the Club. I am sure whoever succeeded him as Chair would also be gung-ho for Lionel Road.
 

Get Behind Bees United

I don't think that constant self-flagellation is over-helpful at this point, no matter how comforting it may be to some supporters; the 'miracle millionaire' solution is just not going to happen... and, if it were to, the family would have them certified immediately.

What is required is some fresh thinking on a way forward and I think that BU's decisions on director appointments should be seen as just that.
 

Get Behind Bees United

A carefully-worded post from abee!!!

I have no knowledge of the internal machinations of the club, but I feel that we are coming perilously close to the last spin of the dice. Hopefully the rumour on another thread that something may be happening on Dec 12th that can give us some hope for the future is true - Hope is sadly lacking at present.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Dyke has a good relationship with some of the organistions that BU need on board regards LR. So for the time being he needs to be keeped on.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Havent we been waiting years though for LR!!! We dont get updated on what the board are actually doing, and how well LR is coming on, the fans dont have a clue what is going on behind closed doors and off the pitch!
 

Get Behind Bees United

Havent we been waiting years though for LR!!! We dont get updated on what the board are actually doing, and how well LR is coming on, the fans dont have a clue what is going on behind closed doors and off the pitch!

let me give you a clue....

...they have been working behind closed doors on off the pitch matters :sorted:
 

Get Behind Bees United

I think there needs to be a little perspective here ... after all it was BU who appointed Martin Allen.

A McGlashan appointment - where's he now? And also, if GeeBee is correct, this was more by accident than design anyway!
 

Get Behind Bees United

A McGlashan appointment - where's he now? And also, if GeeBee is correct, this was more by accident than design anyway!

There are many theories about what happened at that time. I seem to remember someone on here suggesting that McGlashan was negotiating extending Wally's deal just before he was sacked :fishing:
 

Get Behind Bees United

The real problem that Bees United have had since they took over operational control over the club is that there hasn't been a concerted effort to achieve break even budgets (they have been relying on cup runs & player transfers). It may have been advisable while the club had league 1 status to opt for a season of pain to sort out the budget and then try to rebuild the season afterwards even if the season of pain led to relegation. What we have consistently seen are budgets set where we expect to lose money, have some fairly optimistic assumptions for the revenue part of the budget and then a willingness to break the budget within a month or two of the start of the season.

Hopefully abee has already got the cheque books under lock & key since his arrival on the board and there is a real desire for change at the club, as otherwise the club will be dead within a few years.
 

Get Behind Bees United

A McGlashan appointment - where's he now? And also, if GeeBee is correct, this was more by accident than design anyway!

McGlashan himself openly told people that he asked Perryman first.

Not sure if John still goes to games following his resignation from the BFC paid staff. It all ended in tears and a decent pay off. :rolleyes:
 

Get Behind Bees United

McGlashan himself openly told people that he asked Perryman first.

he was interviewed in the Peterborough away programme in 2004. He asked Steve Perryman, Stuart Gray and Gerry Francis before Allen was contacted.
 

Get Behind Bees United

A McGlashan appointment - where's he now? And also, if GeeBee is correct, this was more by accident than design anyway!


Don't think North London Bee would think this.
 

Get Behind Bees United

Got my share certificate today along with a letter which informed me I had joined via the season ticket! :eek: Not likely to have a season ticket living in Huddersfield am I...
It then suggested I might like to contribute via monthly direct debit. I ALREADY DO!!!
Oh dear, if I lived closer I would donate some time to the administration and record keeping of BU
 

Get Behind Bees United

Got my share certificate today along with a letter which informed me I had joined via the season ticket! :eek: Not likely to have a season ticket living in Huddersfield am I...
It then suggested I might like to contribute via monthly direct debit. I ALREADY DO!!!
Oh dear, if I lived closer I would donate some time to the administration and record keeping of BU

I'll let Bruce know about this. :)
 

Get Behind Bees United

Got my share certificate today along with a letter which informed me I had joined via the season ticket! :eek: Not likely to have a season ticket living in Huddersfield am I...
It then suggested I might like to contribute via monthly direct debit. I ALREADY DO!!!
Oh dear, if I lived closer I would donate some time to the administration and record keeping of BU

you dont no what your doing rofl rofl rofl
 

Get Behind Bees United

Greg Dyke is the BU appointed non-executive chairman. If promotion is not achieved this season then at least the building blocks have to be in place to give supporters hope and some assurance that it's all gonna be different next year.

I think we can safely say that promotion is a non starter this season. As for giving supporters hope for next season, I'd be happy with not having to play Woking.
 

Get Behind Bees United

I'm donating the price of my 3 tickets for Sat to BU.

I can't face it.

I'll go again once we have a new manager.

It's just sh*te at the moment.
 
Back
Top Bottom