Gibbo returns

Hammered

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
11 Apr 2001
Messages
268
Reaction score
1
Location
Cloud 9

Gibbo returns

Set to play for the reserve tonight at Aldershot. Shop window job or a first step back to the first team??
 

Gibbo returns

I thought he'd gone to be with Ray Lewington at Wartford :confused:
 

Gibbo returns

Leonardo said:
I thought he'd gone to be with Ray Lewington at Wartford :confused:

He was in talks about a move. Not sure if they didn't agree terms or if he is still intalks and with us to keep fit like in pre-season.
 

Gibbo returns

Hammered said:
Shop window job or a first step back to the first team??

I would have thought it was just a way of keeping fit and giving clubs who are interested a chance to watch him.
 

Gibbo returns

Gibbo + Smith + Sonko + Rougier = PLAY OFFS

Ever the optimistic

Come on you Bees !!!
 

Gibbo returns

Suddenly all the hype is about gibbo again he is just keeping himself fit probably. Hopefully it could be the game that gets him a contract and then the bees strom the division and finish 2nd in the league.
 

Gibbo returns

casual said:
Suddenly all the hype is about gibbo again he is just keeping himself fit probably. Hopefully it could be the game that gets him a contract and then the bees strom the division and finish 2nd in the league.

Behind who?
I don't really think we need Gibbs, necessarilly, he would only be useful for his experience, leadership etc.
 

Gibbo returns

I don't really think we need Gibbs, necessarilly, he would only be useful for his experience, leadership etc.
A factor were seriously lacking!:shrug:
 

Gibbo returns

If he has not got a club and is training with us, offer him a contract, a useful addition to the team. Interesting how he came to us to train !
 

Gibbo returns

finchbee said:
If he has not got a club and is training with us, offer him a contract, a useful addition to the team. Interesting how he came to us to train !

How do we offer him a contract, our wage budget does not allow it.

I presume he came here as he worked under Downes when he was here and knows many of our players. I honestly wouldn't read too much into this.
 

Gibbo returns

West Ealing Bee said:
How do we offer him a contract, our wage budget does not allow it.

I presume he came here as he worked under Downes when he was here and knows many of our players. I honestly wouldn't read too much into this.

On a piece of paper, with the section for wages written as £0, would be mutually beneficial, or not
 

Gibbo returns

BenMoses said:
On a piece of paper, with the section for wages written as £0, would be mutually beneficial, or not

If he was willing to play for nothing I don't think he would still be without a club.
 

Gibbo returns

Gibbo and Hutch in the midfield?

Oh the mobility of it all!!!!!

I think I might cry!!
 

Gibbo returns

Fail to see the similarity. One of the above is a proven footballer (clue: was released by Barnsley). Harsh maybe but IMHO fair.
 

Gibbo returns

Simon W said:
If Gibbo had not logged onto the GPG and had not got matey with a few of regular contributors, he would have been long forgotten by now.

Thats probably true but on the other hand maybe we should look upon him as a short term solution to a problem.

We don't have a load of cash to splash but we obviously do have a weakness in midfield and that is probably the one area that is likely to prevent us being a consistent side. Gibbo has shown in the past that he can play a bit in midfield so why not offer him a three month contract and if he does OK in that period and we manage to get some cash in by selling Smiffy during that period we can extend it.

If he ends up being crap then there's nothing much to lose.
 

Gibbo returns

He is well liked by most bees fans on here. Simon he will never be forgotten by bees fans he allways put 100% into his game when wearing the bees shirt he deserves to be back at brentford.West Ealing Bee dont you think there is a reason why paul has said that he will play for free it has allready been stated on here that he will play for free for a couple of months if there was something offered to him after that so if thats what is decided then fair play to the club and paul lets just see what happens shall we.
 

Gibbo returns

Casual.. No one has ever said that Gibbo gave less than 100% when playing for Brentford. I think that a lot of contributors on here did not rate him that much, its as simple as that.

I am sure that the likes of Fortune-West and Pinnemonte gave 100% when playing for us, but you don't hear calls for them to return to the club.

What I don't understand is the statement Gibbo gave when he said he would play for free, providing there was a contract at the end. If he played for a few games for free and Wally did not rate him and did not offer him a contract then what ??.

I personally feel that any wage budget should be saved until its really needed. If Tommy Wright and Ben May are recalled back to their clubs, then we may need another striker to come in.
 

Gibbo returns

Well simon why wait till then if money is available and I say if ,Then get him aboard now as we are seriously lacking experience
 

Gibbo returns

Looks like i have a new member of the Gibbo fan club.
Keep up the good work Casual.
Gibbo will be back.
 

Gibbo returns

Top bloke Gibbo, and he loves Brentford. Would probably lift the squad and is popular amongst fans.

Can't see him commanding a first team place though. It appears it needs more than a crow-bar to prise Eddie out the side, which means to get in Gibbo would have to replace Somner, Tabby, Hunt or Rougier, all of which would be disastrous.
 

Gibbo returns

I really don't think that taking gibbo back would be taking a step forward.
 

Gibbo returns

ha ha ha well is good to be back.......Im glad i can keep you all arguing!!!!Just to let you all know whats going on....I would love to "come home"! but it isnt always that easy,I would play for free for the club if you needed me but you are doing well at the moment,but i belive i have something to offer,playing with Barnsley as much as i hated it up there i became a better player playing with better players(no offence to the lads)but it was great to play in the 1st division and i did well the games i played....then.....Relegationl then..... admin....managers sacked....not getting paid for 3 months and not enjoying the fans.....and my partner having Dylan...my son with them in london it just wasnt working for me.I missed my son and my family and being at home....i was sub and getting on but i didnt want to settle for being a sub at a club i didnt enjoy being at.so i decided with the help of the manager to get my money and take my chances down here and to honest i jumped at the chance,i know its a gamble but 1 i am prepared to take...I have spoken to Ray lew and he would like to sign me but no money,if he gets some then i have a good chance of playing div 1 again.....weird how some fans havent seen me play for 2 years and still say im not that good,watch me again and then judge!I love the club and to back playing for you would be great...i appreciate all the support that im getting on here and it makes me want to prove to to all that there is still life in the old bones!!!!! :) :) :) :)
 

Gibbo returns

Great to hear from you Gibbo, please come home (to GP) soon.
 

Gibbo returns

I hope it works out for you Paul, you've probably got the bit of expierence we need. Good luck either way
 

Gibbo returns

If frampton is ever fit enough to be a first team regular i think he will get straight in the first team.
But at the moment hes very injury prone and so gibbo would make a good replacement.

do the club a favour, Paul, and kick that useless sh*te somner out of the left back position.
 

Gibbo returns

Well home Gibbo. I hope you get fixed up soon so Santa can get Dylan lots of nice things.
 

Gibbo returns

In Mattys defence he is playing out of position and i think he has done a great job...all the lads at the club are great lads and i really enjoy being around them and helping them if they need it.but Wolly has got a bunch of lads that work hard for each other and want to learn,It can only get better......
 

Gibbo returns

I can't believe that anyone who doesn't think Gibbo would add soemthing to the team at the moment can be watching the same players as me. Who brings them round when their heads drop after a goal goes in against? Who gets them going at the set pieces, kick-offs etc? We need someone around to build the spirit when things aren't going our way - and a left footed left back too!
 

Gibbo returns

bees66 said:
Well home Gibbo. I hope you get fixed up soon so Santa can get Dylan lots of nice things.

Evening bees66, me old buddy! :D

Thought I would pop in and see what's going on...

What will Santa give to the Super Bees this year???













Hopefully an experienced left-back. :D
 

Gibbo returns

Edmundo said:
I can't believe that anyone who doesn't think Gibbo would add soemthing to the team at the moment can be watching the same players as me. Who brings them round when their heads drop after a goal goes in against? Who gets them going at the set pieces, kick-offs etc? We need someone around to build the spirit when things aren't going our way - and a left footed left back too!

I agree. Lets bring in Gibbo at LB, get 400k from Liverpool for Sonko, and whack Matty in at CB.
 

Gibbo returns

Sweepy said:
Evening bees66, me old buddy! :D

Thought I would pop in and see what's going on...

What will Santa give to the Super Bees this year???

Hopefully an experienced left-back. :D

Bl00dy ell 2 well comes in 1 night is to much to asklol :wave:
 

Gibbo returns

bees66 said:
Bl00dy ell 2 well comes in 1 night is to much to asklol :wave:

yeah, big time return of the old boys tonight!

What price Gibbo to score the only goal on Tuesday??? :D
 

Gibbo returns

Would have no problem seeing Gibbo back in the squad (if we can afford it) but contrary to what a few others may think he would have a hard job displacing Somner at the moment.

Left foot or no left foot he has stepped up a gear in the last few games and looked very solid, even the usual moaners around where I sit have stopped having a go at him.........
 

Gibbo returns

G i b bo is back G i b b o is back take note geeks the man i sgoing to return and prove you all wrong.
 

Gibbo returns

Edmundo said:
I can't believe that anyone who doesn't think Gibbo would add soemthing to the team at the moment can be watching the same players as me. Who brings them round when their heads drop after a goal goes in against? Who gets them going at the set pieces, kick-offs etc? We need someone around to build the spirit when things aren't going our way - and a left footed left back too!

who's gonna be the front man when they go out on the piss... our team needs experience when out on the pull and you can't beat a good squadron leader

i'm sure he could get me a cute young thing too with his jabber...
 

Gibbo returns

come back gibbo....

I hope if we sign gibbo, they give him enough for a new denim jacket lol




:sneakoff:
 
Back
Top Bottom