Great goals

Mr Tree

bigger than massive
Joined
28 Apr 2000
Messages
40,004
Reaction score
8,833
Location
Czech Republic

Great goals

Yeah, sorry for the vague title, but there are some cracking compilations being compiled at the moment that I thought I would share:





Shame we didn't get on the latter, but not sure which I'd nominate as our best goals since we came up... (Monday morning definitely isn't the best time to rack my brain!)
 

Great goals

Maybe Canos at Reading.

Now if they did a misses of the decade compilation, we'd be well represented.
 

Great goals

Watkins away to Stoke last year. A complete team goal
For individual brilliance Benrahma against Hull.
 

Great goals

We could make one up for ourselves.
 

Great goals

I think there's a significant difference between great strikes, like most of the goals in that montage, and great team play goals. Maybe two categories?
 

Great goals

I would prefer a tape of the best typical Brentford style goals eg quick passing and team ethos demonstrated eg Watkins v Derby, Maupay v Villa (home) and many, many others.
 

Great goals

Great goals

Watkins away to Stoke last year. A complete team goal
For individual brilliance Benrahma against Hull.

Saids goal was good. But can’t help but feel he lot a lucky ricochet back off the defenders shins. If he kept it totally under control I’d agree.

For me it was Watkins goal. Proper football.

You see the odd special individual piece of brilliance now and then from anyone. But this took 5/6 players at the same time to make it sexy.
 

Great goals

I absolutely love that free kick from Forest in the Championship compilation. There are some very good goals in there, a shame we're not in there but honestly, I'm not sure we have ones quite of that quality.

Our best team goal is probably Clarke against Reading, best individual skill probably is Canos. Or any of the goals away to Bolton or MK Dons from their respective matches.
 

Great goals

I've always like this one...Jota v Norwich. A classic breakaway but, apart from the great finish, I liked that Jota was in the RB position, 15 - 20m behind Odubajo when the Norwich move broke down and still caught play up

....from 50 seconds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U07Pki1Kvvs
 

Great goals

I've always like this one...Jota v Norwich. A classic breakaway but, apart from the great finish, I liked that Jota was in the RB position, 15 - 20m behind Odubajo when the Norwich move broke down and still caught play up

....from 50 seconds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U07Pki1Kvvs

remember watching that live (at home) and just being stunned by what i was seeing - very "new Brentford"!

yep good call on the Canos goal, that would've been a legit contender :sorted:
 

Great goals

I've always like this one...Jota v Norwich. A classic breakaway but, apart from the great finish, I liked that Jota was in the RB position, 15 - 20m behind Odubajo when the Norwich move broke down and still caught play up

....from 50 seconds....

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U07Pki1Kvvs

What about that save by Button too? As good as a goal.
 

Great goals

This thread reminds me of a recurring conversation that I have with someone that I see from time to time. It always starts with "Do you remember that goal!!!?"

It all stems from a MotD commentary where the commentator claimed that we would all never forget the goal we had just witnessed. Alas I remember nothing about it, except it may have involved Norwich from sometime in the 80s.....neither does he. But we haven't forgotten the over-the-top commentary....
 

Great goals

This thread reminds me of a recurring conversation that I have with someone that I see from time to time. It always starts with "Do you remember that goal!!!?"

It all stems from a MotD commentary where the commentator claimed that we would all never forget the goal we had just witnessed. Alas I remember nothing about it, except it may have involved Norwich from sometime in the 80s.....neither does he. But we haven't forgotten the over-the-top commentary....
Justin Fashanu v Liverpool??
 

Great goals

I think it was wycombe, from the corner, edge of the box
...........he tried it again in the end of season fans game and we were far better defenders................
 

Great goals

Best Championship goal ever?

Ollie Watkins at Stoke City last season. Surely.
 

Great goals

Best Championship goal ever?

Ollie Watkins at Stoke City last season. Surely.

Team goals never do well, Ramsey should have won goal of the season last year but they gave it to Kompany for his one vs Leicester
 

Great goals

Just watching the 91/92 Rewind that has just popped up on You Tube. Lee Luscombe on his debut v Barnet....what a goal that was. One touch all the way down the pitch finished off by a diving header from the edge of the box.
 

Great goals

What about Watkins recent one that probably helped earn him player of the year. The volley from just outside the box.
 

Great goals

The only goal of the game against Huddersfield New College, to get Wheelwright Sixth Form College into the semi-final of the Yorkshire Cup for the first and last time, in 1979. Scored by my good self, needless to say. :fishing:
 

Great goals

...........he tried it again in the end of season fans game and we were far better defenders................

:yes: :thetruth:
 

Great goals

Saw big benny b's goal against brighton on the twitter page yesterday, what a goal. Similar if not better than thierry henrys against utd(i think). One of my favorites ever
 

Great goals

Youtube?lol

The only time I heard that said last century it came as two separate words and was heard by my father and I, at a match in Inverness - possibly a Cally-Thistle derby. We were on holiday at the time, circa '75, and the expression was used as an insult, by a local, for one of his own players. lol
 

Great goals

The only time I heard that said last century it came as two separate words and was heard by my father and I, at a match in Inverness - possibly a Cally-Thistle derby. We were on holiday at the time, circa '75, and the expression was used as an insult, by a local, for one of his own players. lol

I thought that when YouTube became popular. I worked with a Scot in the early 70s and his go to insult was “you tube”.
 

Great goals

Prob mentioned it before but Lee Luscombe's diving header after 4-5 first time passes starting in our right back area .

3-6 v barnet in the LDV at GP
 

Great goals

Paul Evans' equaliser at home vs Preston in a 2-2 draw back in the day. From the kick off and the halfway line.And Preston had a giant in goal.
 

Great goals

Paul Evans' equaliser at home vs Preston in a 2-2 draw back in the day. From the kick off and the halfway line.And Preston had a giant in goal.

my first game as a 10 year old! i will never need a youtube clip to remind me of that goal! was very easy to get hooked on the bees when that was my first experience
 

Great goals

Paul Evans' equaliser at home vs Preston in a 2-2 draw back in the day. From the kick off and the halfway line.And Preston had a giant in goal.
Paul Evans was a highlight reel on his own that season.
The following week against Burnley was an even better strike.

From my memory strikes at Chester and at home to Swansea were also special.
 

Great goals

The game at Crewe in 2014?

Had three cracing goals from Jusge 2 and Forshaw were pretty special.
 

Great goals

Paul Evans was a highlight reel on his own that season.
The following week against Burnley was an even better strike.

From my memory strikes at Chester and at home to Swansea were also special.

Burnley was a great strike but l rate the one vs Preston as it was virtually on the halway line , straight at their keeper who was a giant but dipped under the bar at the last moment. Evans was a master of free kicks and you always felt that any kick around the oppo box was going in. Happy days .
 

Great goals

Great goals

Burnley was a great strike but l rate the one vs Preston as it was virtually on the halway line , straight at their keeper who was a giant but dipped under the bar at the last moment. Evans was a master of free kicks and you always felt that any kick around the oppo box was going in. Happy days .

I think he was actually in our half. Wasn't the ball played back to him?
 

Great goals

love this one from Zlatan for Ajax, not least because in the close up replay he send the camera man the wrong way twice![YTB]q2WsVHbD7zg[/YTB]
 

Great goals

I think you are right. But minute recollection :D is a problem for me these days:D

It's on you tube. 'Paul Evans goal from halfway line'. I'm too IT ignorant to post the link. Yes he was just inside our half.:D
 
Back
Top Bottom