Grimsby/Barnet

Chorlton Bee

Active member
Joined
11 Aug 2007
Messages
5,456
Reaction score
2,615
Location
Manchester

Grimsby/Barnet

Heading for a relegation showdown in the same way as Wednesday/Palace.

Barnet 4 points ahead, have a game in hand away at Accrington on Tuesday, after that they play each other at Grimsby next week, Grimsby have won their last 3, leaving them a point behind on the last day. Barnet home to Dale, Marriners away @ Burton.

Hope Grimsby do it, a proud team that have achieved things over the years with a decent enough supporter base. Barnet still feel non-league to me, be happy to see them go down.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Hope Grimsby do it, a proud team that have achieved things over the years with a decent enough supporter base. Barnet still feel non-league to me, be happy to see them go down.

Do you remember the Grimsby fans when we played them away in a big game a few seasons back? Not a nice bunch.

Personally I have a soft spot for Barnet having attended a few games as a neutral since I moved to North London a few years back.

Not that bothered who goes down but would prefer the little Bees to stay up rather than a northern team I have no comnnection with.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Barnet = Non League
Brentford are The Bees

Barnet should know their place, Blue Square or lower !
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Do you remember the Grimsby fans when we played them away in a big game a few seasons back? Not a nice bunch.

Personally I have a soft spot for Barnet having attended a few games as a neutral since I moved to North London a few years back.

Not that bothered who goes down but would prefer the little Bees to stay up rather than a northern team I have no comnnection with.

Didn't go to that one, but had heard they were gobby, however I would judge all of them on that - we've enough urchins of our own that have probably tarnished our name amongst some fans over the years.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Heading for a relegation showdown in the same way as Wednesday/Palace.

Barnet 4 points ahead, have a game in hand away at Accrington on Tuesday, after that they play each other at Grimsby next week, Grimsby have won their last 3, leaving them a point behind on the last day. Barnet home to Dale, Marriners away @ Burton.

Hope Grimsby do it, a proud team that have achieved things over the years with a decent enough supporter base. Barnet still feel non-league to me, be happy to see them go down.


Grimsby lost 3-0 at home to Torquay last weekend
 

Grimsby/Barnet

I really enjoy away days to Barnet and would like them to stay up. Weve got more fans than you!
 

Grimsby/Barnet

....................big game on Saturday then.....................
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Banet are toilet, I can see it now. Grimsby will beat them 1-0, goal in the 2nd half. their fans run on the pitch to celebrate it, then they lose to Burton to go down.. where have we seen this before? :( god I hate Barnet's dump
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Do you remember the Grimsby fans when we played them away in a big game a few seasons back? Not a nice bunch.

remember the day well... ok, not too well :beer: fun times... no problem with their fans that i remember...
 

Grimsby/Barnet

It looked like there was more Grimsby fans at Accie Stanley than Barnet fans last night.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Should be an interesting game between the 2 on Saturday - almost the lower league equivalent of the Sheff Wed vs Palace game. However, even a win then may not be enough for Grimsby as they end the season away at Burton and would have to win there even if Barnet lose at home to Rochdale (fairly likely). Probably around 80/20 for Grimsby to go down
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Barnet are pony. Only 3 attempts on target last night!!!
 

Grimsby/Barnet

I remember a few years back (mid 90's?) Barnet played Torquay, last game of the season. Winner stays in the FL
 

Grimsby/Barnet

..................Ian Hendon gone?????.............
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Heading for a relegation showdown in the same way as Wednesday/Palace.

Barnet 4 points ahead, have a game in hand away at Accrington on Tuesday, after that they play each other at Grimsby next week, Grimsby have won their last 3, leaving them a point behind on the last day. Barnet home to Dale, Marriners away @ Burton.


Should be an interesting game between the 2 on Saturday - almost the lower league equivalent of the Sheff Wed vs Palace game. However, even a win then may not be enough for Grimsby as they end the season away at Burton and would have to win there even if Barnet lose at home to Rochdale (fairly likely). Probably around 80/20 for Grimsby to go down

err thanks for that. :rolleyes:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Grimsby - proper lower division football club like Brentford, Hartlepool, etc.

Hope they pull a miracle and stay up.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Grimsby/Barnet

Grimsby 9/1 to stay up worth a flutter:fishing:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

I'm not really bothered which of them goes down.

I've a couple of reasons to dislike Grimesby and Barnet, well they're just Non League anyway.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

I'm not really bothered which of them goes down.

I've a couple of reasons to dislike Grimesby and Barnet, well they're just Non League anyway.

???? Grimsby have a history as long and as successful as Brentford. Don't see anything non-league in that. :nono:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Banet are toilet, I can see it now. Grimsby will beat them 1-0, goal in the 2nd half. their fans run on the pitch to celebrate it, then they lose to Burton to go down.. where have we seen this before? :( god I hate Barnet's dump

and roll down it tbh. ****ing slope
 

Grimsby/Barnet

A number of real bees fans will be cheering the mariners.

My own reason is I am married to one! Notice there was a long article in the recent fanzine as well about grimsby born bees supporters so "up the mariners".
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Banet are toilet, I can see it now. Grimsby will beat them 1-0, goal in the 2nd half. their fans run on the pitch to celebrate it, then they lose to Burton to go down.. where have we seen this before? :( god I hate Barnet's dump

:sorted::fishing:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Not that I like Barnet, but I think Grimsby have been so shocking for 2 seasons running that they simply don't deserve to stay up...
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Grimsby are a proper club.
Barnet are non league.
Goodbye Barnet Bees:wave::wave::wave:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

...................Barnet have Rochdale next week....................
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Grimsby/Barnet

Cheltenham at home to Accrington on the last day - who win more away than many in League Two.

What odds of that bunch dropping.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Cheltenham at home to Accrington on the last day - who win more away than many in League Two.

What odds of that bunch dropping.

Remote - the goal difference swing required is probably too large.

I'm still not convinced that Grimsby will save themselves. Rochdale have switched off and Barnet must be capable of beating them.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Remote - the goal difference swing required is probably too large.

I'm still not convinced that Grimsby will save themselves. Rochdale have switched off and Barnet must be capable of beating them.

It's six.

Which is large but not insurmountable IMHO.

Grimsby must be gutted Notts declared yesterday.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Always had a real soft spot for Barnet and watch them from time to time. They have some decent players but far too many old journeymen pros. Tey have had lots of injuries but seemed to think that the season ended last month as they all went off on their holidiays.

Yakubu, Adomah and O'Flynn will all get decent moves and Cole, Jake Hyde and Devera are decent - Devera might be worth a punt for us too as defensive cover.

They have had far too many injuries but the fact that Paul Furlong at 41, when fit, is still perhaps their best player is an indictment in itself.

Hope they get out of it but they have dug a big hole for themselves.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

???? Grimsby have a history as long and as successful as Brentford. Don't see anything non-league in that. :nono:

Read my post again.

I sais that I have a couple of reasons to dislike Grimesby.

Barnet are just Non League.
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Read my post again.

I sais that I have a couple of reasons to dislike Grimesby.

Barnet are just Non League.

Ah, there was a comma missing. I read it as "I have a couple of reasons to dislike Grimesby and Barnet, they're non-league anyway"

:wave:
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Barnet to go down.
Luton will need a 'derby' now Stevenage have gone up :)
 

Grimsby/Barnet

Barnet are toilet, I can see it now. Grimsby will beat them 1-0, goal in the 2nd half. their fans run on the pitch to celebrate it, then they lose to Burton to go down.. where have we seen this before? :( god I hate Barnet's dump

shame, Grimsby now losing 2-0:fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom