amersfoort bee
Active member
Grimsby Town
This is a nice story:-
http://www.theguardian.com/football...town-fans-crowdfunded-110000-transfer-manager
http://www.theguardian.com/football...town-fans-crowdfunded-110000-transfer-manager
I wish them well - that is a decent sum raised at that level of the football pyramid.
Scummy set of fans I don't wish them well
Never had a problem with them, however was a bit perplexed that on the cold Tuesday night in the rain (when we won 1-0 with Charlie Mac scoring) they refused to let away fans into the pubs.
We were in a tiny place about the size of a Mini, although admittedly the landlady was nice and friendly.
Remember that, plenty of old bill around as well making sure you couldn't go anywhere.
One of my teachers at Drayton Manor supported them, and spend one hour talking about them one lesson in around '03 when it was a fairly skeleton class.
Wish them well, an example to other clubs of what can happen if you drop to non-league.
98 is a pretty sh*t turnout for a play off game.Only been up there once - the aforementioned 1-0 defeat when fans from.both teams were in the pitch after the game. Don't remember any particular trouble though I drank in the ground.
I once stood with their lot in the away end at Craven Cottage for a play off game - must've been 98. Remember them being a good bunch although it went off at half time among themselves with two families fighting over some long-running dispute.

98 is a pretty sh*t turnout for a play off game.
![]()