Half time entertainment

Roving Bee

INVALID EMAIL
Joined
21 Feb 2013
Messages
180
Reaction score
0
Location
Biddulph Staffs

Half time entertainment

Following the awful screeching of the woman at MK Dons at half time ::o Does anyone remember when we introduced a pop group at half time back in the sixties? If my memory serves me right they were called the Blue Beats. They were a group playing "blue beat" style music which subsequently became known as Reggae. As half time was then a strict 10 minutes they had to be rather swift in their brief appearances.
 

Half time entertainment

Following the awful screeching of the woman at MK Dons at half time ::o Does anyone remember when we introduced a pop group at half time back in the sixties? If my memory serves me right they were called the Blue Beats. They were a group playing "blue beat" style music which subsequently became known as Reggae. As half time was then a strict 10 minutes they had to be rather swift in their brief appearances.

I do remember that. It was in the 1963/4 season IIRC.
 

Half time entertainment

The Playboy Bunny girls please..
 

Half time entertainment

Is it too late for the club to arrange for some of the 1992 team to be introduced at half time during the Stevenage game.
 

Half time entertainment

Is it too late for the club to arrange for some of the 1992 team to be introduced at half time during the Stevenage game.

...introduced to who ?....
 

Half time entertainment

Why not have the development squad play a mini game (maybe 5 a side) up the width of the pitch with temporary goals at HT (as in play with one goal against Braemar and the other against Axbey). Any subs warming up can do it on the half the the pitch which isn't being used.

That way fans get entertainment, and the Dev Squad gets used to playing at GP and in front of a crowd.
 

Half time entertainment

My favourite was the penalty competition , when fans would just be called from the terraces or seats to take 5 against our reserve or youth goalkeeper, some great moments watching that.
 

Half time entertainment

As the fat lady has now finished perhaps she could be persuaded to do an encore for us. A few arias would be different.
 

Half time entertainment

Does anyone remember a chap called 'Gobby' Williams? He provided the halftime 'entertainment' at gp against Rotherham a few years back, absolutely hilariously bad, was a friday night and I believe he was booed off!
 

Half time entertainment

Did we not have some majorette style girls back in the late 60s? Gold trimmed Red jackets and white skirts as I recall.

I have a slight recollection of that.

Must be early 70's.
 

Half time entertainment

Did we not have some majorette style girls back in the late 60s? Gold trimmed Red jackets and white skirts as I recall.

Girl in my class at school was one of them. We are talking circa 1968 here. Didn't they have a name like Al Fresco Deo Volente or somesuch?
 

Half time entertainment

Centre circle challenge if only for Peter Gilhams droll comments .
 

Half time entertainment

Half time entertainment

Does anyone remember a chap called 'Gobby' Williams? He provided the halftime 'entertainment' at gp against Rotherham a few years back, absolutely hilariously bad, was a friday night and I believe he was booed off!

I remember chants of "there's only one Gary Barlow' loud enough to drown him out

Centre circle challenge sometimes OK - till they varied it with a defensive wall and mini goals and made it nearly impossible
 

Half time entertainment

Does anyone remember a chap called 'Gobby' Williams? He provided the halftime 'entertainment' at gp against Rotherham a few years back, absolutely hilariously bad, was a friday night and I believe he was booed off!
He was appearing that very PM in the Bees Club as I recall. I thought it was 'Robbie' Williams and so made a point of not going and subjecting myself to such unpleasantness. When I found it it was actually 'Gobby', I was naturally gutted to have missed the show. :sad:
 
Back
Top Bottom