I thought hartlepool were very average and very week up front with no cutting edge.
I thought we were very poor last night too, especially the midfield.
I thought the ref was very poor, he decided to slow the game down to his pace with constant whistle blowing and then as neither side seemed to create anything he would become centre stage himself. He went from OK, to poor, and ended up baffoon like!
It was all worth while as a sublime last minute goal earns another 3 points. The sign of having a great season is when you can play teams that come to stop you and are more than capable, you have a scrappy game but that extra little bit of quality wins you the game! We will have games like last night and we will have others where we murder people too.
It always felt like something silly was going to happen as at first when a long ball was drifting harmlessly to nelson and for reasons only known to himself sodje stuck his foot in the air and toe'd the ball and it looped over nelson towards an open goal. I thought nelson had given up the ghost but it actually took a wicked bounce straight back into his arms as he ran goalwards. Secondly nelson drop kicked a ball and it hit sodje on the back and pinged back past our post. Third time lucky for hartlepool as a cross whacks the lunging hunt and loops freakishly into the top of the net.
A lot of people around me were giving nelson a hard time but I thought he kept us in it, commands his area, when he comes he gets whether it is a catch or a punch and apart from hitting sodje and 1 kick that went out his kicking was top class last night (and he had enough opportunities with all the offsides and free kicks the ref kept giving).
Defensively I thought kev was outstanding again, the best full back in the club. He can tackle, head, control and pass a ball and brings it down and plays when he can as well as getting forward and crossing it. Salako was also solid at left back and got forward well. Turner and sodje played very well but I sometimes think sodje attacks the ball when he has been asked to leave it by the goaly or another player and causes a few problems at times.
Our midfield was pants last night. Tabb just could not get into the game at all, his first touch was awful, his passing worse and could not go past anyone for toffee. He looked jaded and tired.. everyone has a bad game.
Hunt seemed to struggle to get hold of the ball as well.
Overall I thought we gave away so many balls and miscontrolled dozens of times but the weather made it very difficult as well.
I thought hargreaves threw himself around a bit but to little effect and lawrence did not get a touch. I was expecting much more from him as a premiership internatonal but the game passed him by as i waited in vain. When he did get a touch he fell on his ar5e and the ball skidded to a pool player!
I thought the forwards worked hard again on scraps but won the game with two bits of quality as they took it in turns to set each others goals up.
We are allowed to play below par from time to time especially as we won

, but with two hard away games coming up we will need to play better then that at home to blackpool on saturday to keep the run going.