Has this latest setback

NorthamptonBee

Yes Boss
Joined
29 Mar 2003
Messages
42,455
Reaction score
10,107
Location
Northampton

Has this latest setback

stopped anyone getting a season ticket for next season?

4 from Northampton for starters.:sad:

After 2 seasons of begging, borrowing and relying on others for help for tickets we had decided to put things straight. But the financial commitment with midweek games, kids things and family holidays means that I will miss out in the end.
Plus we have done far too many games this season and can't possibly keep it going next year especially when it all becomes such a bummer.

Anyone else?
 

Has this latest setback

no ill still be getting one although Im starting to dislike Brook RD for the view, didnt like New rd at all today so where thats going to be im not sure
 

Has this latest setback

The Walrus and I were debating whether we are loyal or stupid.

We mutually agreed that we were stupidly loyal

And to follow, another season ticket year is likely to come once again
 

Has this latest setback

I'll be getting one I suppose :fishing:
 

Has this latest setback

Rarely miss a home game, so I far better off buying a ST. I wouldn't know what to do on a Saturday if I didn't come to Brentford. In a lot of ways, the 90 minutes is an interruption to my days activities.
 

Has this latest setback

I bought a Season Ticket when we got relegated so I don't see why I wouldn't if we narrowly miss out on promotion - and we haven't missed out yet!
 

Has this latest setback

No.
 

Has this latest setback

NorthamptonBee said:
stopped anyone getting a season ticket for next season?

4 from Northampton for starters.:sad:

After 2 seasons of begging, borrowing and relying on others for help for tickets we had decided to put things straight. But the financial commitment with midweek games, kids things and family holidays means that I will miss out in the end.
Plus we have done far too many games this season and can't possibly keep it going next year especially when it all becomes such a bummer.

Anyone else?

I now live in Great Yarmouth and I've ordered my season ticket - no one else is going to sit in my seat !!!!!!
 

Has this latest setback

Edmundo said:
I bought a Season Ticket when we got relegated so I don't see why I wouldn't if we narrowly miss out on promotion -]

140 mile trips for home games?

Plus the realisation that I will have to try and scab tickets for the POs when I have missed 2 games from the start of the calendar year.
And if we get Donny I will have no chance but froze up there with 200 others a few weeks back.:sad:
The main reason for getting a ST was to avoid these problems but there won't be many games where tickets are scarce next season IMHO.:sad:
 

Has this latest setback

A club is for life.
Not just for christmas :sorted:
 

Has this latest setback

NorthamptonBee said:
140 mile trips for home games?

Plus the realisation that I will have to try and scab tickets for the POs when I have missed 2 games from the start of the calendar year.
And if we get Donny I will have no chance but froze up there with 200 others a few weeks back.:sad:
The main reason for getting a ST was to avoid these problems but there won't be many games where tickets are scarce next season IMHO.:sad:
how do you know we won't be playing Man Utd in the FA Cup, and what about when Sunderland, Southampton, Leeds, Birmingham, QPR's visits to GP?
 

Has this latest setback

Possibly. Only promotion would make me get a season ticket, it's easy enough to get good seats in this league
 

Has this latest setback

Bought mine already. :wave:
 

Has this latest setback

LIving in Oz I only catch a couple of games per year, but I'll be up in the early hours of the morning listening to Beesworld. I say I wont but I always seem to wake in time.

Its Brentford init.
 

Has this latest setback

NorthamptonBee said:
Plus the realisation that I will have to try and scab tickets for the POs when I have missed 2 games from the start of the calendar year.

I don't think that you'll have a problem for Play Off tickets. All of our likely opponents are both some distance away and can accomodate large numbers of visiting supporters (Doncaster won't qualify). On top of that the match will be on a mid week evening and televised live. We had about 1,200 at Sheff Wed last year and I suspect it might be even fewer this year. I for one have seen every single one of our play off games over the years but may well give the away leg a miss this time. (Whats the point when the outcome seems so inevitable?)

And yes, of course I'll be getting a season ticket next year. Its a life sentence.
 

Has this latest setback

time for reality check..at the start of the season if someone offered you that going in to the final game of th season we might snatch automatic promotion...would you have taken it...given the fact we had lost a few "stars" like Burton and Salako for starters and Pratley had returned to Fulham...I dont think we are doing too badly...breath deeply lest the player detect panic from the sidelines
 

Has this latest setback

Westlad said:
A club is for life.
Not just for christmas :sorted:


Off the subject slightly but very amusing and we need a laugh at the moment. Reminds me of a story a few years back. This guy goes to renew his s/t at Newcastle and decides to buy another for the seat next to his only to be told that it had already been sold. Fair enough and off he goes. First home game of the season seat is empty, same again next game and again and again. Eventually by the end of November he goes and enquires about the availability of that seat again only to be told that it has definitely been sold. Lo and behold Boxing day comes and some bloke appears in the seat. First bloke says he's been trying to buy that seat since the beginning of the season and where had he been up till now, sick, away ? No f***ing missus bought it in August and gave it to him for a Christmas present !! rofl
 

Has this latest setback

No, got mine yesterday before the game. As said above what else would you do on a Saturday afternoon?
 

Has this latest setback

paulined said:
I now live in Great Yarmouth and I've ordered my season ticket - no one else is going to sit in my seat !!!!!!

I now live in Abu Dhabi and I've ordered my season ticket - I haven't got a clue who's been sitting in my seat since February!!!!!
 

Has this latest setback

Nope ordered it last week, just like the last 8 years. Can't see any reason to stop.

Despite feeling a bit let down at the moment this has been a great season and it's not over yet.




Although the Fat lady is warming up.
 

Has this latest setback

Bought my 1st season ticket last week after 2 years of paying on the day :)
 

Has this latest setback

Maybe.
£361 is a lot of money for me to watch mid table (or worse) 1st Div football.

Will pobably get one, but not sure. Have missed 4home games this year for unavoidable reasons, and is possible same may happen next year. Mid week games are a nightmare, and may seriously have to consider missing them, especially if it appears we are going nowhere!

Sad but true.
 

Has this latest setback

Already paid for my S/T for next season but I am glad I now have the chance to take a break from football and Brentford for a couple of months.
 

Has this latest setback

Already bought mine.

At the end of the day players and managers come and go, but us supporters are the heart of the club and no spiv, ego maniac or dimwit, is going to stop me being slowly driven to murder by my club.

To many fantastic memories that just about cover up the heartbreak of this season and others - I won`t mention the annual defeat in the play-offs misery.;)
 

Has this latest setback

...........form and monies sent off......................
 

Has this latest setback

TW1Bee said:
Off the subject slightly but very amusing and we need a laugh at the moment. Reminds me of a story a few years back. This guy goes to renew his s/t at Newcastle and decides to buy another for the seat next to his only to be told that it had already been sold. Fair enough and off he goes. First home game of the season seat is empty, same again next game and again and again. Eventually by the end of November he goes and enquires about the availability of that seat again only to be told that it has definitely been sold. Lo and behold Boxing day comes and some bloke appears in the seat. First bloke says he's been trying to buy that seat since the beginning of the season and where had he been up till now, sick, away ? No f***ing missus bought it in August and gave it to him for a Christmas present !! rofl

rofl I've printed this off to take down the pub today, I think it's hilarious.
 

Has this latest setback

Renewed my ST.

Whatever happens this weekend, or the following weeks, I'm looking forward to next season.
 

Has this latest setback

If you know you can make the games & have the money to do so, you get a season ticket. Once you buy one it's really hard not to continue doing so each year. It's like a statement of intent and a way of adding a little structure to the year ahead. It's always a great feeling waiting for the first day of the season knowing you'll be there for the duration. I do feel a bit cursed though. Each year I get the early bird do dah and it's like the kiss of death for promotion. When I'm rich I'll conduct an experiment and pay the full wack, see if we can then perhaps make the leap into the Championship.
Anyway, fill your forms in & stop mucking about. Who wouldn't be there even if we were in the Conference?
 

Has this latest setback

We'll be back in our seats again next season despite the fact that the toffs in the executive seat row behind us are also renewing. :rolleyes:
 

Has this latest setback

Season ticket

Ordered mine and my Daughters.200 mile round trip so I will obviously miss some games. I only missed two home games this season though. My reason for getting a ticket is if I miss games at least I have contributed, and also I wonder just how many seasons are left for Brentford fc this club will have to break even soon or else the fat lady will start to sing.
 

Has this latest setback

I am seriously considering not getting one next year but pay on the day without the pressure of feeling I have to go to every match. At the moment I cannot stomach watching Brentford versus the likes of Oldham again for the thirty seventh year on the trot and may pick and choose he games I go to after missing only a handful in those thirty seven years.
I am certaintly not paying £400 odd quid to find that I can pick up a ticket for £10 along New Road like I could have done for the fourth game in a row this season..

Probably cutting my nose off to spite my face and You'll find me at every home and most away games like this season, but I really have had a gut full this time around.

We haven't just failed to win promotion, we have succeded in losing it..
 

Has this latest setback

Just sent off for mine today...
 

Has this latest setback

I have never had a season ticket despite going to GP for almost 20 years. As far as I see it it only "saves" me the cost of 2 or 3 games (I am quite happy to be corrected on that) so considering I would normally miss at least that many home games due to work/holiday/weddings etc etc I see no point being tied to a ST.

I'll be back next season as usual to my normal 90% ish of home games and paying on the day although as some others have said I am a bit naffed off with the Brook Rd lower view so may go elsewhere in the ground a bit more - another reason to have the flexibility of no ST :sorted:
 

Has this latest setback

Please then no-one whinge when they don't get tickets to Chelsea away in the FA Cup then?
 

Has this latest setback

Don't usually get a season ticket as I can't get to all the games cos of work, however have already decided I'll get one next year regardless.. :sorted:
 

Has this latest setback

Edmundo said:
We haven't done either yet, mate. If we and Yeovil win on Saturday, you have a lot of words to eat.

I'll meet you halfway, if that happens and my God I pray it does..lets say that we've 'been given it..'
 

Has this latest setback

Greenholme Bee said:
I'll meet you halfway, if that happens and my God I pray it does..lets say that we've 'been given it..'

You are on a wally downer tonight.

I totally agree though. As it is, the team finishing second are on course to win promotion with the lowest points haul since automatic promotion was tightened to 1st and 2nd. There is no reason to expect Col U to lose at Yeovil this Saturday, but if they did (and we still have to beat Bournemouth) then it would be daylight robbery on our part. I'll happily assist with concealing any evidence! ;)
 

Has this latest setback

West Wilts Bee said:
Ordered mine and my Daughters.200 mile round trip so I will obviously miss some games. I only missed two home games this season though. My reason for getting a ticket is if I miss games at least I have contributed, and also I wonder just how many seasons are left for Brentford fc this club will have to break even soon or else the fat lady will start to sing.
I have a 300 mile round trip, but I'm looking forward to us playing Norwich next season, only 20 miles away !!!!!!
 

Has this latest setback

Handed my form in Saturday

Its Brentford innit
 

Has this latest setback

Been holding back as I know a lot of you are ****ed at the recent poor performances and that and I can't blame you and I'm miles away and am consequently a bit out of it really, and all the usual standard ex pat caveats. :wave:

However from a distant bee's perspective I have never enjoyed being a bees fan as much as I have done the last couple of seasons, the cup runs, some fantastic results and a manager who communicates withs the fans in a way that makes me feel in touch from 12,000 miles away. I realise a lot of you find Martin's media savvy a bit tarty, but it has raised the profile of the club in a massive way. Much less "bradford?" or "is that in essex?" anyway. MA's a novice manager but he puts his heart and soul into it from what I can tell, yeah he's had more money than Downes and yep the clubs made a ****ing loss again and yes we've failed to put away another season....

But MA couldn't have not sold DJ and he couldn't stop Skulasson getting injured and ****ing hell anyone remember how we felt during the Downes era. I still love him and I hope he stays basically and I am certain he'll come out of this a stronger and more astute manager.

I'm off to talk b***ocks in chit chat now :wave:
 

Has this latest setback

Carri Bee Un said:
Been holding back as I know a lot of you are ****ed at the recent poor performances and that and I can't blame you and I'm miles away and am consequently a bit out of it really, and all the usual standard ex pat caveats. :wave:

However from a distant bee's perspective I have never enjoyed being a bees fan as much as I have done the last couple of seasons, the cup runs, some fantastic results and a manager who communicates withs the fans in a way that makes me feel in touch from 12,000 miles away. I realise a lot of you find Martin's media savvy a bit tarty, but it has raised the profile of the club in a massive way. Much less "bradford?" or "is that in essex?" anyway. MA's a novice manager but he puts his heart and soul into it from what I can tell, yeah he's had more money than Downes and yep the clubs made a ****ing loss again and yes we've failed to put away another season....

But MA couldn't have not sold DJ and he couldn't stop Skulasson getting injured and ****ing hell anyone remember how we felt during the Downes era. I still love him and I hope he stays basically and I am certain he'll come out of this a stronger and more astute manager.

I'm off to talk b***ocks in chit chat now :wave:

Very welcome perspective. :sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom