Henry Winter

Lionel Bart-At

formerly known as 'heavywoollenbee'
Joined
14 Apr 2013
Messages
28,771
Reaction score
15,632
Location
Cranford

Henry Winter

Henry Winter

I subscribed to The Times for years as I had a great deal of 24/7 digital+cheap Sunday Times newspaper. When they signed that buffoon Martin Samuel and then nearly trebled the subscription I dropped it. Hire Samuel; fire Winter…. nuff said ?
 

Henry Winter

I subscribed to The Times for years as I had a great deal of 24/7 digital+cheap Sunday Times newspaper. When they signed that buffoon Martin Samuel and then nearly trebled the subscription I dropped it. Hire Samuel; fire Winter…. nuff said ?
Surely he won’t be out of work for long.
He’s a brillIant articulate journalist who knows his subject down to the grass roots, unlike the sycophantic comparison who knows nothing outside the top four teams.
 

Henry Winter

Always a good read. Unfortunately, The Times has narrowed significantly the profile of journalists employed and I guess Henry didn’t make the cut.
 

Henry Winter

Certainly enjoyed his contributions when working for the Telegraph. On the face of it a bizarre decision, but who knows what has gone on in the background. Position “redundant”? Replaced by AI?
 

Henry Winter

Certainly enjoyed his contributions when working for the Telegraph. On the face of it a bizarre decision, but who knows what has gone on in the background. Position “redundant”? Replaced by AI?
Martin Samuel’s ex boss took over and found room for his mate to then elbow out Winter.
 

Henry Winter

One is a quality journalist, who you may disagree with, but usually makes sense. The other is a controversialist, well suited to online clickbait journalism.

Shows where the Times is heading
 

Henry Winter

He’s fairly regular on SSN late evening back pages “show”. It’s pretty tame stuff and the pundits are clearly not meant to say anything controversial but it’s work I guess.
 

Henry Winter

He is on Talksport a fair bit. Not necessarily the best place to be, but his Sunday morning programme with Sean Custis is always worth listening to. An intelligent, thoughtful programme which is rare enough on that channel.
 

Henry Winter

He is on Talksport a fair bit. Not necessarily the best place to be, but his Sunday morning programme with Sean Custis is always worth listening to. An intelligent, thoughtful programme which is rare enough on that channel.
Those two followed by Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning is a fantastic Sunday morning line-up.
 

Henry Winter

Those two followed by Max Rushden and Barry Glendenning is a fantastic Sunday morning line-up.
Thanks for the info. :sorted:

Normally I think I might have preferred even The Archers Omnibus edition for my Sunday morning listening over the usual Talksport drivel - and I hate the fekkin Archers!

But that lineup could persuade me to retune rather than switch off and read the paper.
 
Back
Top Bottom