Hey Jude

Hey Jude

Cos there ain't no cure for the summertime blues? :shrug:
 

Hey Jude

I would have thought the Beatles song, Let it be, would be better for us.

Thanks.....How long before Mr Hester comes on here trying to pedal his Richard Lee masterpiece.
 

Hey Jude

I think it was originally when the song first came out and seeped into everyone's brain. Hey_Jude scanned the same as Brent_ford and just fitted, I don't think there was anything deep and meaningful behind it. Obviously, it could equally be applied to any 2-syllable club, like Ful_ham or Chel_sea. PG would have the answer, I'm sure.
 

Hey Jude

If we were to choose any Beatles song to represent the Bees then sadly for the majority of the time the best fit has been Cry Baby Cry, Misery or I'm a Loser

Let's hope this season it's nothing but Flying, I Feel Fine and Glad All Over :sorted:
 

Hey Jude

Watching the opening ceremony of the Olympics I heard McCartney murder it ~ should have asked Bees fans
 

Hey Jude

................Help!...................
 

Hey Jude

St.Jude is the patron saint of lost causes, draw your own conclusions!
 

Hey Jude

Wasn't QPR formally called St.Jude's ?

Ex-QPR season ticket holders should know that.:blush

Their mascot is also called Jude the Cat and their fans also sing it along with a few other clubs. I doubt we were the first and i don't know how people can call it 'our' song.
 

Hey Jude

Some years ago I asked why Hey Jude? The explanation I got was that one matchday someone mislaid the single of the Powergame, the first thing that came to hand was Hey Jude, and the rest is history. Don't know if this is correct but it's what I was told.
 

Hey Jude

Some years ago I asked why Hey Jude? The explanation I got was that one matchday someone mislaid the single of the Powergame, the first thing that came to hand was Hey Jude, and the rest is history. Don't know if this is correct but it's what I was told.

That could be true. As Brentford came out of the changing rooms/tunnel to the Power game. You can here it, IIRC, on the Bournemouth game from'72 on VCmazz's media pages.
 

Hey Jude

From what someone told me it was because it was one of the few records that the club owned and would play it before every match along with 'The Pub With No Beer'.

Whether there is any truth in all that Ive no idea
 
Back
Top Bottom