Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

BBC Sport “Experts” pick their player of the season. Not sure if they’re trying to be edgy with no one selecting Haaland. At least one of them seems to be a true expert:

Nick Mashiter
Football reporter
Igor Thiago.

The striker's 19 goals have lifted Brentford to the brink of European football for the first time in their history, having been pre-season favourites for relegation.

He has scored the most goals by a Brazilian in a single Premier League season and became the fastest Brentford player to reach 10 top-flight goals.

He is one short of their overall Premier League record of 20 in a season, scored by Bryan Mbeumo (2024-25) and Ivan Toney (2022-23).

It comes after last season was wrecked by injury following a £30m move from Club Brugge in 2024. A knee injury in pre-season ruined his chance of an early impact and then a joint infection kept him out until the final few games.

He made just eight appearances, failing to score, so to return at the level he has this season - and earn a maiden Brazil call up - is a testament to his quality and self-belief.
 

Igor Thiago

To let AI do the work...
"Bamboleo (Brazilian Football Mix)" is a popular samba-style remix frequently associated with Brazilian football culture, often featuring on compilations for the World Cup and soccer parties. Primarily performed by artists like The Red Hot Strikers or Maya Maracana, this upbeat track, inspired by the Gipsy Kings hit, is a staple of soccer playlist party music.
Key Artists: The Red Hot Strikers and Maya Maracana are the primary creators of these specific mixes, often appearing on albums such as "Samba Brazil" and "Brazilian Football Party".
Context: It is widely used in media, playlists, and TikTok videos related to Brazilian soccer, passion, and skill.
Style: It blends traditional Brazilian samba rhythms with the familiar Latin pop melody of the original 1987 "Bamboléo" song.
Compilation Appearances: The song appears on various 2014 and 2015 football party music compilations.

If you prefer a different song to associate with Brazilian football you knock yourself out...
 

Igor Thiago

To let AI do the work...
"Bamboleo (Brazilian Football Mix)" is a popular samba-style remix frequently associated with Brazilian football culture, often featuring on compilations for the World Cup and soccer parties. Primarily performed by artists like The Red Hot Strikers or Maya Maracana, this upbeat track, inspired by the Gipsy Kings hit, is a staple of soccer playlist party music.
Key Artists: The Red Hot Strikers and Maya Maracana are the primary creators of these specific mixes, often appearing on albums such as "Samba Brazil" and "Brazilian Football Party".
Context: It is widely used in media, playlists, and TikTok videos related to Brazilian soccer, passion, and skill.
Style: It blends traditional Brazilian samba rhythms with the familiar Latin pop melody of the original 1987 "Bamboléo" song.
Compilation Appearances: The song appears on various 2014 and 2015 football party music compilations.

If you prefer a different song to associate with Brazilian football you knock yourself out...
Fair enough. I'm probably too old, so I don't know that version, but it wouldn't be my first thought because of the Gypsy Kings. My choice from this list is Aquele Abraço, which has been a favourite of mine for over 40 years. He's recorded it so many times as have other Brazilians so I'm sure there'd be a version for the 21st C. There are some great other choices in this list.

World Cup playlist: Brazilian music classics


View: https://youtu.be/lwT1Vnbnzag?si=kGrAlVEVbvwijlIy
 

Igor Thiago

Tim Vickery on TalkSport this afternoon now saying that IT could well make the WC squad after this week's friendlies.
Said it was telling that the instruction from the bench was for him to take the penalty the other night.
But also still saying that Brazil fans aren't keen, and that they were actually booing IT when he was waiting to take the penalty!!! They wanted Endrick (sp?) to take it apparently.....
 

Igor Thiago

Tim Vickery on TalkSport this afternoon now saying that IT could well make the WC squad after this week's friendlies.
Said it was telling that the instruction from the bench was for him to take the penalty the other night.
But also still saying that Brazil fans aren't keen, and that they were actually booing IT when he was waiting to take the penalty!!! They wanted Endrick (sp?) to take it apparently.....
Yes, they were. It wasn't immediately apparent on the live TV coverage but I read through a lot of the Brazilian media reports afterwards and there were several stories about Thiago being booed. I think part of the problem was that Endrick was standing with the ball by the penalty spot and it wasn't clear whether he was going to take the penalty or was just 'protecting the taker'. Thiago only stepped up at the last minute. According to the online reports Endrick was trying to shush the crowd as Thiago was about to take it.
 

Igor Thiago

These are US based Brazilian fans surely. I wonder what the indigenous ones think.
Well he went on further to suggest a lot of Brazil fans aren't really that bothered about football.....
Just winning.
 

Igor Thiago

To let AI do the work...
"Bamboleo (Brazilian Football Mix)" is a popular samba-style remix frequently associated with Brazilian football culture, often featuring on compilations for the World Cup and soccer parties. Primarily performed by artists like The Red Hot Strikers or Maya Maracana, this upbeat track, inspired by the Gipsy Kings hit, is a staple of soccer playlist party music.
Key Artists: The Red Hot Strikers and Maya Maracana are the primary creators of these specific mixes, often appearing on albums such as "Samba Brazil" and "Brazilian Football Party".
Context: It is widely used in media, playlists, and TikTok videos related to Brazilian soccer, passion, and skill.
Style: It blends traditional Brazilian samba rhythms with the familiar Latin pop melody of the original 1987 "Bamboléo" song.
Compilation Appearances: The song appears on various 2014 and 2015 football party music compilations.

If you prefer a different song to associate with Brazilian football you knock yourself out...
Should play "The Macarena" as thats Brazils national football stadium
 

Igor Thiago

Should play "The Macarena" as thats Brazils national football stadium
Not sure if you did that on purpose, but it's the Estádio do Maracanã.

Although I did used to call it the Macarena stadium when I was a kid!
 

Igor Thiago

I saw Brasil play at Franchise Fc and the Brasil fans were booing Neymar everything he went down 'injured'. I wouldn't take it to heart if I was Thiago. He'll turn them i his favour I'm sure.
 

Igor Thiago

Any idea when Brazil WC squad gets announced??
 

Igor Thiago

If Thiago bags 23/25 goals in the premier league before season end, then Thatsyourlottie would very silly to leave him out. He would almost have no choice but to take him. How you could you leave a player at home that's 1st/2nd scorer in the the best league in the world.
 

Igor Thiago

If Thiago bags 23/25 goals in the premier league before season end, then Thatsyourlottie would very silly to leave him out. He would almost have no choice but to take him. How you could you leave a player at home that's 1st/2nd scorer in the the best league in the world.
Because the Brazil players/team aren't good enough/set up to play the way we do, to get the best out of IT?? 🤷‍♂️
 

Igor Thiago

Because the Brazil players/team aren't good enough/set up to play the way we do, to get the best out of IT?? 🤷‍♂️
I have understand that. However, surely their fans would want to see the PL top scorer in their squad too. Maybe not, they're a spoilt, funny ol lot.

The Brazilians are know for good vibes, happy party people, so I was pretty shocked to hear the boo's on the penalty. I would have expected that more with Argentina.
 

Igor Thiago

I have understand that. However, surely their fans would want to see the PL top scorer in their squad too. Maybe not, they're a spoilt, funny ol lot.

The Brazilians are know for good vibes, happy party people, so I was pretty shocked to hear the boo's on the penalty. I would have expected that more with Argentina.
They didnt want him to take the penalty the other night, so you cant take anything for granted.
 

Igor Thiago

Brazilian football culture is all about winning, and celebration of winning and the cult of personality.
I don’t think a lot of them are particularly bothered about the football.
 

Igor Thiago

To let AI do the work...
"Bamboleo (Brazilian Football Mix)" is a popular samba-style remix frequently associated with Brazilian football culture, often featuring on compilations for the World Cup and soccer parties. Primarily performed by artists like The Red Hot Strikers or Maya Maracana, this upbeat track, inspired by the Gipsy Kings hit, is a staple of soccer playlist party music.
Key Artists: The Red Hot Strikers and Maya Maracana are the primary creators of these specific mixes, often appearing on albums such as "Samba Brazil" and "Brazilian Football Party".
Context: It is widely used in media, playlists, and TikTok videos related to Brazilian soccer, passion, and skill.
Style: It blends traditional Brazilian samba rhythms with the familiar Latin pop melody of the original 1987 "Bamboléo" song.
Compilation Appearances: The song appears on various 2014 and 2015 football party music compilations.

If you prefer a different song to associate with Brazilian football you knock yourself out...
‘Snooker loopy nuts are we’ . That works and I can just see Vinicius Junior running out to it.
 

Igor Thiago

Because the Brazil players/team aren't good enough/set up to play the way we do, to get the best out of IT?? 🤷‍♂️
Ancelotti has proved he's not going to be influenced by national opinion and sentiment by quite rightly binning off Neymar. He's an all-time great manager who's only interested in winning the World Cup. He also knows English football well from spending years managing Chelsea and Everton. It's not like the tournaments when there were Brazilian coaches in charge who'd never managed in Europe.
With all that in mind I'd be really surprised if he didn't pick and play Thiago, at least as a bench option. With him in the squad, it gives the team a whole different way to play if Plan A doesn't work.
 

Igor Thiago

Ancelotti has proved he's not going to be influenced by national opinion and sentiment by quite rightly binning off Neymar. He's an all-time great manager who's only interested in winning the World Cup. He also knows English football well from spending years managing Chelsea and Everton. It's not like the tournaments when there were Brazilian coaches in charge who'd never managed in Europe.
With all that in mind I'd be really surprised if he didn't pick and play Thiago, at least as a bench option. With him in the squad, it gives the team a whole different way to play if Plan A doesn't work.
I thought it was Plan V?
 

Igor Thiago

Yes, they were. It wasn't immediately apparent on the live TV coverage but I read through a lot of the Brazilian media reports afterwards and there were several stories about Thiago being booed. I think part of the problem was that Endrick was standing with the ball by the penalty spot and it wasn't clear whether he was going to take the penalty or was just 'protecting the taker'. Thiago only stepped up at the last minute. According to the online reports Endrick was trying to shush the crowd as Thiago was about to take it.
Disgusting, and hopefully Igor was so hurt that he'll renounce his birth country and become an English citizen instead. Get it done in the next six weeks Keir, you know it makes sense.
 

Igor Thiago

I am considering getting the official Brazil home shirt, with Thiago's name and number on the back. The Nike website doesn't seem to have an option to do this though.

Anyone else thinking of getting one done? Where from?
 

Igor Thiago

I am considering getting the official Brazil home shirt, with Thiago's name and number on the back. The Nike website doesn't seem to have an option to do this though.

Anyone else thinking of getting one done? Where from?
I was thinking the same.
But wasnt sure if he'd keep the same number when/if he's announced in the WC squad ....??
(Not looked at where to get one yet though)
 

Igor Thiago

I am considering getting the official Brazil home shirt, with Thiago's name and number on the back. The Nike website doesn't seem to have an option to do this though.

Anyone else thinking of getting one done? Where from?

I was thinking the same.
But wasnt sure if he'd keep the same number when/if he's announced in the WC squad ....??
(Not looked at where to get one yet though)

I'd get his shirt in the classic yellow but yeah it doesn't seem available anywhere.

Richarlison is normally #9. In the recent squad it was João Pedro in Richarlison's absence. Unlikely that IF he goes, he'll get the #9... probably a better chance he keeps the #21 but I wouldn't bank on it.

Probably best to wait until the World Cup squads are announced as you'd stand a better chance of retailers selling various players names on the back and their correct number this summer
 

Igor Thiago

I'd get his shirt in the classic yellow but yeah it doesn't seem available anywhere.

Richarlison is normally #9. In the recent squad it was João Pedro in Richarlison's absence. Unlikely that IF he goes, he'll get the #9... probably a better chance he keeps the #21 but I wouldn't bank on it.

Probably best to wait until the World Cup squads are announced as you'd stand a better chance of retailers selling various players names on the back and their correct number this summer
Given a choice of IT, Joao Pedro or Richarlison I know which way I would go all day long
 

Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

Could he win the Golden Boot - that would be an incredible achievement for a player signed from Belgium and playing for a non big 6 side.
Jamie Vardy won the golden boot with Leicester in 2019/20, scoring 23 goals.

Before that it was Kevin Phillips in 1999/2000 with Sunderland with 30 goals.

These were the last non Big 6 winners.
 

Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

I had a debate with the wife's family about who was the PL player of the season over Easter as no-one stands out. If IT stays in touch with Haaland until the end of the season he has to be in the running.
 

Igor Thiago

Igor Thiago

What was going on with Igor & Tarky at end of match ?
 

Igor Thiago

What was going on with Igor & Tarky at end of match ?
It happened during the match as well on the near touchline, so much so that the referee had to have a word with them. Tarky just ran straight into him from what I could see. Just shows how much IT was getting under his skin in the game.
 

Igor Thiago

It happened during the match as well on the near touchline, so much so that the referee had to have a word with them. Tarky just ran straight into him from what I could see. Just shows how much IT was getting under his skin in the game.
Loved IT just smiling and walking straight at Pickford while waiting for a corner/free kick to be taken in 2nd half!!
Almost like he was laughingly saying "I've put 5 past you this season so far!!" 😄

Could get interesting in World Cup!!! 😄
 

Igor Thiago

It happened during the match as well on the near touchline, so much so that the referee had to have a word with them. Tarky just ran straight into him from what I could see. Just shows how much IT was getting under his skin in the game.

They had a running battle in the reverse fixture so this was probably carried over from that.
 

Igor Thiago

They had a running battle in the reverse fixture so this was probably carried over from that.
I think 5 goals across the 2 games for IT, 2 of which were down to Tarky mistakes tells us who won that "battle".
😄
 
Back
Top Bottom