Important Changes to GPG

Banana

Admin
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
120,511
Reaction score
85,134
Location
London

Important Changes to GPG

Following the server upgrade we have now migrated from http to https. You should now see a padlock adjacent to the GPG's URL in your browser. We have also dropped the "www".

This should be seamless to most of you as we have redirected the old URLs to this new one.

However if you are having issues (or know someone that is), then please direct them to https://griffinpark.org

There will be some issues as a consequence of this.

1. All links to the old URL (including within the GPG itself may not work as expected). I have updated all the URLs in the GPG database but they may not be displayed correctly to you. This is probably some cache somewhere - under investigatino
2. Post Icons don't appear to be displayed in the Advanced Reply page at the moment - under investigation

Please add your woes below.

Thanks

:sorted:
 

Important Changes to GPG

Had to relog in. Guess my phone didn’t recognise the website. Cookies were useless here in this new land lol
 

Important Changes to GPG

3. Logging-out appears to be an issue. Directed to "Bad Gateway" and you don't get to logout....

Anyone else with this problem?
 

Important Changes to GPG

I have started to have problems logging in , I always use the top of the page to log in ,enter username,, I have a saved password, I choose that then go to get in , it often direct me to the Full Log In page. I have to try a few times to get in. Now when entering user name I get a two password option one had a number 2 against it
 

Important Changes to GPG

I have started to have problems logging in , I always use the top of the page to log in ,enter username,, I have a saved password, I choose that then go to get in , it often direct me to the Full Log In page. I have to try a few times to get in. Now when entering user name I get a two password option one had a number 2 against it

Delete your cookies.
 

Important Changes to GPG

............yet more biscuits............
 

Important Changes to GPG

3. Logging-out appears to be an issue. Directed to "Bad Gateway" and you don't get to logout....

Anyone else with this problem?

Welcome to the Hotel California......

'We are programmed to receive.
You can check out any time you like,
But you can never leave!'
 

Important Changes to GPG

Well, we seem to have lasted an entire day without any issue, now preparing for the big one.
 

Important Changes to GPG

No real problem with desktop or phone, but had a problem with my tablet. Overcame it with standard procedure of asking my eldest grandchild to fix it, which she did. :)
 

Important Changes to GPG

Had a problem with my iPad Air 2, could get to the site but not login, bad redirect to ‘griffinpark.org//griffinpark.org’, changed to Full Site mode, this let me login and all seems ok now back on Mobile view.
 

Important Changes to GPG

You moved the headstones but not the bodies?
 

Important Changes to GPG

Followed this for Chrome, but still have the problem, how to change a password or do I register as a new person?

Thanks for the screenshot. The picture tells me that you entered an invalid username or password. I am assuming that this is on a different device as you were able to post the message above.

If you have forgotten your password then you can reset it by clicking on the link available in the picture you emailed me "Forgotten your password? Click here!"
 

Important Changes to GPG

Thanks for the screenshot. The picture tells me that you entered an invalid username or password. I am assuming that this is on a different device as you were able to post the message above.

If you have forgotten your password then you can reset it by clicking on the link available in the picture you emailed me "Forgotten your password? Click here!"

Sorry there was no mistake with with username or password. I took photos on my phone and sent them to the email address. It always takes at least two attempts to log in. I had seen the link resetting your password, I’m not sure I won’t to at the moment , I will think about it, at the moment I can just about put up with it.

Thanks for your time looking at my problem
 

Important Changes to GPG

Ever since the upgrade embedded YouTube videos all show a black screen with "Sorry, youtube.com isn't available for this account" :(
 

Important Changes to GPG

Ever since the upgrade embedded YouTube videos all show a black screen with "Sorry, youtube.com isn't available for this account" :(

No, they all work. Are you outside the UK?
 

Important Changes to GPG

No, they all work. Are you outside the UK?

Banana, for your info, following on from my/our text, I have eventually change my Old Password and now seem to have straight access, thanks for your assistance
 

Important Changes to GPG

Capture.PNG

The side has fallen off the posts. The posts are not boxed in at the left. Chrome if that helps. I've been suffering in silence for a while as I am quite the resilient **** but I can't take this anymore. what if all the words fall out?

FIX THIS TRAVESTY

thank you for your prompt attention.
 

Important Changes to GPG

View attachment 20857

The side has fallen off the posts. The posts are not boxed in at the left. Chrome if that helps. I've been suffering in silence for a while as I am quite the resilient **** but I can't take this anymore. what if all the words fall out?

FIX THIS TRAVESTY

thank you for your prompt attention.

Are you in an odd country. Like Australia?
 

Important Changes to GPG

Are you in an odd country. Like Australia?

i am in a country like Australia. Does that mean I don't get lines on the left hand side of the post boxes? :sniff:
 

Important Changes to GPG

OK I have fixed it myself as is ****ing typical round here.

I zoomed out one. And then I zoomed in one, both worked to bring back the line, However neither zoomages are the actual perfect viewing configuration that balances my failing eyesight and my desire for other people in the office to not clearly notice I am browsing a football message board.
 

Important Changes to GPG

I usually access GPG through a laptop, but recently tried via mobile for the first time since the website changes. When I went into a thread, I could no longer access the page numbers to enable me to go to the latest posts in a long thread. Do I need to change something so that I can do this, as it's impractical to scroll down from the start of some very long threads?
 

Important Changes to GPG

I usually access GPG through a laptop, but recently tried via mobile for the first time since the website changes. When I went into a thread, I could no longer access the page numbers to enable me to go to the latest posts in a long thread. Do I need to change something so that I can do this, as it's impractical to scroll down from the start of some very long threads?

If you click on the white arrow in a red circle on the right hand side of the thread title that will take you to the first unread post.
 

Important Changes to GPG

If you click on the white arrow in a red circle on the right hand side of the thread title that will take you to the first unread post.

thanks for quick reply, but I see no red circle... may be that my mobile is an old model, or I need to change a setting somewhere
 

Important Changes to GPG

Is this what you see?

IMG_1596.PNG

The arrows referred to are the ones in the right hand column.
 

Important Changes to GPG

Thanks, but that's not how it appears on my screen. The Search Results don't appear in boxes as in your example (which they used to do). I get a bullet alongside the name of the thread (which shows as a hyperlink) but no arrow and when I use the hyperlink, it takes me into page 1 of the thread, but no way of getting to page 2 etc
 

Important Changes to GPG

Thanks, but that's not how it appears on my screen. The Search Results don't appear in boxes as in your example (which they used to do). I get a bullet alongside the name of the thread (which shows as a hyperlink) but no arrow and when I use the hyperlink, it takes me into page 1 of the thread, but no way of getting to page 2 etc

:confused:

Suggest you remove cookies and cache etc.
 

Important Changes to GPG

While that didn't work, I came out of Chrome and went back in through Internet Explorer, which worked OK.

Thanks for the hints

Glad it's working for you.
 

Important Changes to GPG

Back
Top Bottom