India Sell Out?

India Sell Out?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Voice from the Braemar:
well thats a big f%$%£in difference to 3,000 then isnt it Mr Chapman?????!!!!!!

lets not give foolham the 'big up' unless its statistically correct eh???

well done Pearcey for being honest.......
and while we're on the subject how about that magnificent support you had at stockport(must have been 300 at tops)back at the start of the year!!!!
</font>

voice, i'll get my coat! Humble pie being munched as i speak...

It must of been another game i was thinking of.
 

India Sell Out?

Not exactly a sell out was it? What happened to the 6000 quoted in the (sub) Standard?

Still, I have to say I preferred their drums to our stupid northern pit band effort.
And what great support, lost 3-0, dancing and singing whilst I left the ground.
 

India Sell Out?

Wouldn't it be great if they came back and supported the Bees like that? Perhaps BFC should pay the drummer to attend home matches. I thought it was a superb atmosphere for a sub 4,000 crowd.
 

India Sell Out?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Edmundo:
Wouldn't it be great if they came back and supported the Bees like that? Perhaps BFC should pay the drummer to attend home matches. I thought it was a superb atmosphere for a sub 4,000 crowd.</font>

Was that you Ed at the back of the Ealing Rd stand who was the only person who decided it was 'cold' enough to keep ya suit, jacket n'all on for the full 90 mins
wink.gif
!!!

NB - A steward told me and my pals not to sit on the barrier at the back of the Ealing at half time for safety reasons. Now if we were 10 yrs old and mucking around fair enough, but I am 24 and I would have thought quite capable of keeping meself upright (after all I'd only had a bottle of Fanta
wink.gif
!)

I asked her was it something new for this season and she said it had always been the case. "Funny that I have been doing this for over 10 years" I replied - the look on her face - hehe !

Another point - anyone think that there were far more 'yellow coats' than at a normal game ???

[This message has been edited by GABS (edited 25 July 2001).]

[This message has been edited by GABS (edited 25 July 2001).]
 

India Sell Out?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GABS:
Was that you Ed at the back of the Ealing Rd stand who was the only person who decided it was 'cold' enough to keep ya suit, jacket n'all on for the full 90 mins
wink.gif
!!!
</font>
Yeah, bloody freezing, wasn't it? BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! My teeth are still chattering! Possibly due to spending most of the day in boiling trains and tubes, it felt quite pleasant standing in the open air!
 

India Sell Out?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by GABS:
Another point - anyone think that there were far more 'yellow coats' than at a normal game ???
B]</font>


Yeah, at full time it looked like they was expecting it to go off big time. There were loads of stewards in front of Brook Rd and about 20 plod came across to where the Indians were in the corner.
 

India Sell Out?

I too thought that the atmosphere (particularly in the second half) was really good considering that the turnout wasn't huge. The roar when the Indians attacked put paid to the belief that Indians don't like football. The drummers also made our usual desultory drum sound even more pathetic- perhaps we could pay them to turn up to each game?

The one thing that soured the occasion for me (and I was proud to be a Bee for most of the evening) was the behaviour of a group of kids at Brentford station after the match. They were being abusive and unpleasant, calling the small number of Indian fans at the station "Pakis" (incredible idiocy after spending 90 minutes watching INDIA) and throwing bottles across the platform. Luckily there weren't too many people there to witness this, otherwise an evening which had the potential to attract a whole new support to the ground could have backfired spectacularly.
 

India Sell Out?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Edmundo:
[Yeah, bloody freezing, wasn't it? BBBBBRRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!!!!! My teeth are still chattering! Possibly due to spending most of the day in boiling trains and tubes, it felt quite pleasant standing in the open air!

</font>

don't even go there, i got in ten minutes before the first half ended becuase of South West Trains and my first sight in the Braemar was Owusu sticking one away for the first goal!
 

India Sell Out?

Surely its obvious that there were loads of extra jobsworths (sorry I mean stewards) because of all the excitement of an 8-11,000 crowd that had been built up by the club
 
Back
Top Bottom