Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Jay Bee

Well-known member
Joined
24 Jan 2001
Messages
16,451
Reaction score
13,437
Location
London

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

My version of Internet Explorer crashes about once every 20-30 minutes, usually when viewing this site, although that may just be because I look at this site the most. It is Version 5.5 SP1 I think.

Can anyone offer any advice?
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Get Netscape 4.7 - works for me!
smile.gif

NB : The latest version of Netscape is a clone of M E and rubbish!
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Aussie Bee:
Get Netscape 4.7 - works for me!
smile.gif

NB : The latest version of Netscape is a clone of M E and rubbish!
</font>

no Aussie, the latest version of Netscape is more HTML and CSS standards compliant than ever before and less buggy unlike 4.7, i suggest you download 6.1 from the Netscape site...
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Isn't there a solution that doesn't involve me changing browser (or killing Bill Gates)? I haven't noticed such a recurring fault anywhere else where I've used IE, maybe it's just a problem with this version.
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Twyford Bee:
maybe it's just a problem with this version.</font>


or maybe it is just a problem with you...
smile.gif
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

This is still a problem
frown.gif


Don't make me switch to Netscape!
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Try version 6. It's a beta version but I use it and it seems OK doesn't seem to crash too often.
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

I'm using the beta verison of IE6 and apart from the snazzy new icons (and the wonderful ability to lock toolbars), it doesn't seem any different! (Oh yeah and it works fine)
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mark Chapman:
no Aussie, the latest version of Netscape is more HTML and CSS standards compliant than ever before and less buggy unlike 4.7, i suggest you download 6.1 from the Netscape site...</font>

Nope!
smile.gif
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

If it gives you a page fault error message. try writing it down and having a poke around on the Microsoft sife at the knowledge base articles.
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Maybe I'll give IE6 a shot.
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Get a new pc.

Simple and should be fault free. If not.. Step away from the keyboard...
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jon G Bee:
Get a new pc.

Simple and should be fault free. [/i]
</font>

not if that dick Bill Gates has got his software on your PC!!!!
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

it crashes normally twice a day with me. Mircosoft is pony
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

Mine only freezes when I'm on the GPG
eek.gif
About 3 times a day is annoying.
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Mr Whippy:
Mine only freezes when I'm on the GPG
eek.gif
About 3 times a day is annoying.
</font>

Yeah exactly the same with me, it's always the GPG window that freezes.

COULD SOMEONE HAVE A QUIET WORD PLEASE?
 

Internet Explorer Cashes Too Often

yeah now i come to think of it, when im on the GPG it always seems to crash, come on get it sorted!
 
Back
Top Bottom