Vid
Active member
Is Fouling Cheating? (Split Thread)
I would define cheating as an intentional act of breaking the laws/rules to obtain an advantage over the opposing team. If a player deliberately handles the ball it's a foul. Is that cheating ? If it's on the half way line and the ref sees it ? If it's catching the ball to prevent an opposition player scoring ? If it's putting the ball in the net and the ref doesn't see it ? All three examples of the same offence , handball , a foul. Was " The Hand of God " cheating ? Taking a dive (simulation) is misconduct ,unsporting behaviour, a foul and according to the posts on here cheating.
I think the word for me is "intentional" which defines if a foul is cheating or not. But does it matter ? As long as the officials keep on top of it and penalise the culprits I don't care what name the pundits call it.
I think the word for me is "intentional" which defines if a foul is cheating or not. But does it matter ? As long as the officials keep on top of it and penalise the culprits I don't care what name the pundits call it.