Jake Bidwell

Jake Bidwell

Ignored time and time again - ran past Saunders a lot but Sam always seemed to always cut inside and cross from deep - got more of the ball when Weston came on. Very brave for our goal as well. First time I'd seen him and liked what I saw.
 

Jake Bidwell

.............good stuff .............
 

Jake Bidwell

Came up against a good right side in Bowditch and Smith, he struggled with them. Came back strongly in the 2nd half IMO, there agin, who didn't?
 

Jake Bidwell

i don't completely blame him for the goal. He should never have been given the ball there and when he turned he had no one giving him an option...
 

Jake Bidwell

Good one. Don't forget, "When in doubt, Hoof it out!". This lads clearly got a career in front of him, though.
 

Jake Bidwell

Great news. Very impressed with him.
 

Jake Bidwell

Excellent news, thought he was excellent at Bury against their highly rated winger.
Will be at the club until Feb 14th although might extend loan until the end of the season then.
 

Jake Bidwell

Some good transfer news today I'd say....this is good news. I was hoping until the end of the season based on the comments above but this is a good step in the right direction.
 

Jake Bidwell

Great news, he is solid and strikes a good balance between defensive and offensive ability.
 

Jake Bidwell

Really impressed with him and happy with this one. He looks a class act and has a footballing brain, he is bound to have the odd poor game at his age but this is a step in the right direction.
 

Jake Bidwell

Id imagine thats really down to Everton cause I cant see why we wouldnt have tried for the season.
 

Jake Bidwell

just been watching his interveiw with CW on Bees World.Youngsters today get some awfull publicity at times, but thankfully there are still a lot of good 'uns out there. He comes over as such a decent guy. Speaks well, and you can see he is a team player. So pleased to have you on board young Jake.
 

Jake Bidwell

Great news, we have needed a left back all season.
 

Jake Bidwell

Just been reading Saturday's programme and in Mark Warburton's article he says that Bidwell has been signed for the rest of the season! I thought it was only until February?
 

Jake Bidwell

yea it definitely says we have both Jake and Harlee for the season.
 

Jake Bidwell

He had another decent game yesterday, but one thing that does make him an even better left back is his crossing. It's great to see the forwards getting the service they have been desperate for.
 

Jake Bidwell

Absolutely, he was fantastic on Sat. I really hope we can keep him for the rest of the season.
 

Jake Bidwell

He had another decent game yesterday, but one thing that does make him an even better left back is his crossing. It's great to see the forwards getting the service they have been desperate for.

He's also a tough little s*d and I like that in a defender.
 

Jake Bidwell

I thought he was excellent in the first half. A bit harder for him when Ainsworth came on, but he still did OK

When we play that formation/style, I think he is a better option than Woodman, though I think Woodman is the better defender
 

Jake Bidwell

Two great balls in on Saturday and he defended well too. Great to see.
 

Jake Bidwell

I thought he was excellent in the first half. A bit harder for him when Ainsworth came on, but he still did OK

When we play that formation/style, I think he is a better option than Woodman, though I think Woodman is the better defender

I agree, great going forward but his defending does worry me. Its not something that has stopped Glen Johnson playing at the highest level though
 

Jake Bidwell

Two great balls in on Saturday and he defended well too. Great to see.

Indeed. Of course he did and it was.
It's time for people to hold up their hands in amazement, cover their eyes, fingers in ears whilst they admit there are better LBs in this universe than CW.
It's tough but we can do this.
 

Jake Bidwell

Saw the goals on the tv from the bbc camera angle and sky sports camera angle (both on different sides of ground- very strange) and the crosses he put over were pin point. The sort Clayton and GA would be wetting themselves over. More of this please :)
 

Jake Bidwell

Saw the goals on the tv from the bbc camera angle and sky sports camera angle (both on different sides of ground- very strange) and the crosses he put over were pin point. The sort Clayton and GA would be wetting themselves over. More of this please :)

Yeah I'd much rather it is both companies set up their cameras on the 'Sky' side of the ground, it's annoying having heads pop up in front of camera half a second after every goal. :rolleyes:
 

Jake Bidwell

I agree, great going forward but his defending does worry me. Its not something that has stopped Glen Johnson playing at the highest level though

Off-topic I know, but why Cappello has never tried him as a right winger with someone like Richards behind at full-back is beyond me.
 

Jake Bidwell

His defending is no more "worrying" than other players we have or had at LB; his crossing is superb and we (along our back row) commented as the second half started that Ainsworth had been put on specifically to deal with him... although Bidwell dealt with Ainsworth pretty well with a tackle in their half!
 

Jake Bidwell

His defending is no more "worrying" than other players we have or had at LB; his crossing is superb and we (along our back row) commented as the second half started that Ainsworth had been put on specifically to deal with him... although Bidwell dealt with Ainsworth pretty well with a tackle in their half!

I would go as far to say he is the best defensive full back we have; he completely had the Wycombe winger (Grant I think) in his pocket in the first half so much so that they swapped him sides for the 2nd half. It's not the first time he's done it either, he completely dominated the Bury right winger so he had to switch sides as well.
Jake is a terrific defender for one so young.
 

Jake Bidwell

I would go as far to say he is the best defensive full back we have; he completely had the Wycombe winger (Grant I think) in his pocket in the first half so much so that they swapped him sides for the 2nd half. It's not the first time he's done it either, he completely dominated the Bury right winger so he had to switch sides as well.
Jake is a terrific defender for one so young.

Agreed. The lad has huge potential. No one is the finished article at 18 but I often forget that he is actually that young and he has a belligerent streak that all the best defenders have.
 

Jake Bidwell

A few wayward passes and crosses that younger players tend to do but a great prospect. He has settled in well to League 1 footie.
 

Jake Bidwell

He's doing alright in my book. Taking into consideration his age and experience which is the reason way Everton have loaned him to us, he has the potential to develop into the finished article over the coming years. The one thing that I do accept about Uwe is that he likes to encourage youngsters like Dean and Bidwell and accepts that they will make errors on occasions without criiticism.
 

Jake Bidwell

Anyone else think he should be played at LM in a 4-4-2, instead of at left back? His crossing for me has been brilliant, whenever I've seen him he always delivers an accurate ball into the box that finds someone, his awareness at the back is scary sometimes and whilst he's good in the air and can tackle well, I'm always worried when the opposition get forward in numbers as he doesn't seem to know what to do. Though I only see him at home games in fairness.

I felt much more comfortable knowing Woodman was at left-back than I do with Bidwell.
 

Jake Bidwell

Bidwell is as good a defender as Woodman and he's a left back. I'd prefer to see him stay there and to develop an understanding with a left-sided midfielder that allows him to get his fair share of crosses in.
 

Jake Bidwell

He's a left back. Good natural defensive ability (although obviously not polished yet due to his age) and he's improving all the time. Rather have him in the side that Woodman especially when playing a narrow system such as last Sat.
 

Jake Bidwell

Bidwell is our best left back.
Not in the way Halls was our best right back. But in reality.
 

Jake Bidwell

I just don't rate his awareness, when it comes to tackling and heading, he's a beast, but I don't particularly think he's that smart when defending, I never noticed a huge difference between him and Woodman. I'd like to see both given a chance to play together as I think Bidwell would make a better left winger, his crossing and passing is much better than anything we have down the left.
 
Back
Top Bottom