James, Robinson or Wright ???

Which goalie for England?

  • David James

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • Paul Robinson

    Votes: 18 66.7%
  • Richard Wright

    Votes: 4 14.8%
  • someone else

    Votes: 1 3.7%

  • Total voters
    27
  • Poll closed .

bigmac

Tasty, but full of crap
Joined
15 Jan 2001
Messages
1,284
Reaction score
32
Location
Chippenham, Wiltshire

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Who would you prefer in goal for the upcoming qualifiers ??.

I'd have to go with Robinson he seems a bit more dependable than Wright and definately more so than James. I still can't believe James was even in the squad. I would have taken Hoult instead.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Re: James, Robinson or Wright?

I've added a poll.

I really don't think James is as bad as people say, a few howlers 5-6 years ago got him a reputation he now can't get rid of.
 
Last edited:

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Even though he doesn't have much big match experience, Russell Hoult is by far the best English keeper in the premiership. Hope he gets his chance soon
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

I agree Bigmac, Calamity James is a cr@p choice!! I would go for Robinson ahead of Wright. I would have chosen Hoult as well.

Who knows in a few years time Paul Smith might be England's number one????
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Gotta be Robinson for me, he's performed well for Leeds in the Premiership, and in Europe - when he wasn't even first choice at Leeds.

Don't rate James at all, he's unsuccesffully filled the calamitous shoes of Bruce Grobbelar and Shaka Hislop - some mean fete.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Robinson. Coz he's young, and can be our #1 for yrs to come. Lets give him experience now
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Well it would have been Chris Kirkland but he got injuryed so I'll go for Richard Wright.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

I would play Robinson, with Kirkland pushing very close when he returns.

James didn't do much wrong last night though, and should keep his place.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

I personally believe James gets too much stick. He is more experienced than the other 2, I have seen him pull off World class saves and win games for team . Robinson should push him close he will be the future after Euro 2004
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

James is awful. He drops clangers in big matches far too often. This was not reserved for 5-6 years ago. He is mid thirties, for christ sake sven, smell the bloody coffee and get mills in for the chuckle brother , and whilst your at it let heskey lace rooneys boots before wayne starts the game!
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

Whenever Liechtenstein got near the goal I was always nervous of what James would do, surely the defenders must have the same nerves. James is a good shot stopper but he has far too many off days for me.

Heskey is getting a bit of an unfair slating. He was excellent against Liechenstein and usually plays well for England. Doesn't score anywhere near enough goals but is the best partner for Owen that we have in the squad.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

The save at 1-0 tonight showed what James is good at, instinctive reactions and top class saves. Was very dodgy at other times though.
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

No doubt about it, Robinson for two seasons, then Smith to take over
 

James, Robinson or Wright ???

I thought James made absolute world class save against the Turks. However his distribution was poor and his running off the line was exceptionally alarming and I like the way Ferdinand had a go at him.

I still think Robinson and Kirkland could have made that save 'though!
 
Back
Top Bottom