Plays his 1000th game today. Fair play to him.
If only he hadn't played one particular game in 2002.
Bishops stortford. Good scoring record too !
Leading scorer in the Bostik Premier.Think he’s got 20 goals this season or very close.
17 years ago today!
17 years ago today!
Blimey! Was that the year we beat Huddersfield or Bristol City in the play offs, only to do a no show against Stoke in the PO final?
:scratch:
An utter turd
17 years ago today!
They do say that time is a great healer, but not in this ***** case.Hate him still - even now!
He was waiting for the Brentford fans to leave first................how long did it take him to leave the Dagenham pitch.................
He did not pick himself yesterday - still on 999
Interview with him today in the Daily Telegraph. Played for Enfield in October to become the first player to play in the top 9 leagues. Still going at 44. Said his favourite goal was for Reading against us that won them promotion......
Did he mention when he was too scared to leave the pitch at Dagenham?
..........yep.........gave it the biggun to the away end when he scored then bottled it at full time..............Did he mention when he was too scared to leave the pitch at Dagenham?
He previously held the record of 8 jointly with Michael Duff, currently managing Cheltenham Town.Interview with him today in the Daily Telegraph. Played for Enfield in October to become the first player to play in the top 9 leagues. Still going at 44.
Did he mention when he was too scared to leave the pitch at Dagenham?
I hate him with a vengeance but I do have a sneaking regard for him too I'm afraid.
I hate him with a vengeance but I do have a sneaking regard for him too I'm afraid.
Christ is he still playing? Still have sleepless nights over his Reading strike after the ball skimmed over Darren Powell's headNon League Today I Cureton Takes Enfield Helm
The home of non league football news. Includes the latest news stories, results, fixtures, league tables, video and audio.nonleague.today
45, I thought he was even older than that.Christ is he still playing?
We had the chance to sign him but that is another story......
There were rumours that he was close to joining years after 2002 - maybe due to the Martin Allen connection? Maybe later? I remember my dad saying "oh god I don't know if I could face that"We had the chance to sign him but that is another story......
Going back even further I went to a few games at the Madejski Stadium in its first season (98/99)
It’s not for sale apparently and it appears that the shirt is not the match worn original but another one that has been signed by Cureton.Might be worth bidding for just to burn the lot!
build a bonfire......Might be worth bidding for just to burn the lot!
They just had to use that photo for the article icon:Still going at 49 and registered with Cambridge City for 2025/26 where he is player/manager.
![]()
FA Cup: Jamie Cureton, the ex-Premier League striker playing at 49
As he approaches his 50th birthday, ex-Premier League striker Jamie Cureton tells BBC Sport why he is not ready to quit playing yet.www.bbc.co.uk

They just had to use that photo for the article icon:
View attachment 58260
So close & yet so far, twice, that season… and then it all started falling apart.