Jason Crowe

Jason Crowe

I think the fact that Portsmouth let him play for us against Spurs and become cup-tied shows that they don't really want him. Crowe says that the loan is with a view to a permanent transfer, so I think the main obstacle is convincing him to sign for us. Hopefully we can.
 

Jason Crowe

We all agree he is class and there is no guarantee that DB will get back to fitness let alone displace him in the side. Signing him would be a big plus I'd go so far as say it could change our season but the likely fee will be a big problem, can't see Ron paying a fee for anyone in the current climate unless he knows something.... Also how big can the squad get it already must be the largest in the division? Ron must be thinking of offloading some!...
 

Jason Crowe

If we have to offload ten fringe players to get in one decent one like Crowe, it's worth it.

With Boxall out for X months, if we're not in the market for the likes of Crowe we're going down.

Who says he's going to cost a big fee anyway.Wages are the only obstacle and if we're happy to fork out 200k a year for Charles, Kennedy, Theobalds, Graham, etc, etc , etc to do sod all in the reserves.................

The bloke is class, get him now.
 

Jason Crowe

Much as I would love to have Crowe permanently at GP I think that it is highly unlikely :

1. He is probably waiting for Pulis, who will ONLY play players who he signed, to be sacked - possibly not too long a wait

2. Fee will be well over £100K, and given the size of the squad, high wage, EEC uncertainty, moon over Aquarius etc Noades might well prefer to rely on bodging the right back position this season with Quinn and other short term loan signings rather than spending

3. You can't just get rid of players however useless if they are in contract - you might well question WHY they were given new/extended contracts but they have to see out the contract, be sold, or have the contract cancelled by mutual agreement with a comcimitant payoff if this is to happen

4. Crowe is class and young and might well prefer to sit things out until the Pompey situation is resolved or a club comes along in a higher division

5. The best we can probably hope for is a looan extension
 

Jason Crowe

I agree with North London Bee on most items but I think if he was available for $100k plus the we should sign him. We may have a big squad but they do not have the same potential as Crowe and I see him being a long term asset to the team
 

Jason Crowe

Crowe would be a good asset to our squad and if the transfer system remains he will grow in value which will suite Ron.

As Crowe joined with a view to a perminant transfer, I'm sure Ron would have agreed a fee, before he had a chance to shine. (it must be easier to reduce the fee if the players poor than take some one on loan valued at 100k, who scores three hatricks and is worth 120k).

I'm sure Ron will buy Crowe, (of off Pullis, for a fee already agreed) if the transfer system remains as it is.
 

Jason Crowe

I havent seen Crowe yet but like what I have read.When you consider what we are reputably paying for Mark Mac £100k is a bargain !!
 

Jason Crowe

Originally posted by Figo's Agent:
I think the fact that Portsmouth let him play for us against Spurs and become cup-tied shows that they don't really want him. Crowe says that the loan is with a view to a permanent transfer, so I think the main obstacle is convincing him to sign for us. Hopefully we can.

He is only cup tied in the Worthless Cup not the FA Cup.Pompey are out of that too!!
 

Jason Crowe

But Portsmouth didn't know that they were going to get knocked out did they, but they still let him play for us so they obviously dont want him. They might have got to the final (in their dreams!) but he couldn't have played for them in any round. It sounds like Ron has agreed a fee, so its not impossible that we could sign him.
 

Jason Crowe

I think that Crowe is a good player but would like the loan period to be strung out as long as possible so that we don't have to part with the folding for him.

I would be surprised if Noades signed him as he has already paid out quite a bit. If he does not sign I do not think that it means that Noades is not comitted etc to the club, which, I believe, is an accusation that some on this board are eagerly awaiting to hurl at him.
 

Jason Crowe

Well im just amazed we haven't signed him by now i must admit,the player is obviously quality and the sort of good player we should be snapping up.
He's a strong defender with pace who gets up and down the pitch all day.
Come on Ron lets get him onboard hey.
 

Jason Crowe

At the end of the day it's down to Crowe ain't it? How can you slag Ron off for at least trying to sign him? What do you want Ron to do? Smash the wage pyramid and get a load of players pissed off? Pay 750,000 for him? I reckon Ron is waiting for this transfer sh*t to be resolved before "Wasting" anymore cash on signing new players - What's
the point of spending money that won't ever be seen again due to releasing them after a certain peroid?
 

Jason Crowe

Just read that we have had an undisclosed offer for him rejected by Portsmouth.
 

Jason Crowe

Go to www.thisisportsmouth.co.uk apparently our undisclosed bid has been rejected by their Chairman - who either wants an auction or is waiting for the chance to sack Pulis and will hang onto everyone until his replacement can assess his squad.

At best we can hope for an extension of the loan for another month.

The alternatives are poor as Quinn has found his position in midfield and Dobson was injured against Spurs and needed a scan - no result made known as yet.

Also who will be at leftback next week with Marsh gone and Gibbs apparently not match fit yet ?
 

Jason Crowe

Intersting,

The link above says that Portsmouth paid Aresnal £500k for Crowe and that our offer was insufficient as they want to recoup at least half of this amount.

Team Talk is running a similar story andstates that Brentford's bid was £200k, which if true is only £50k short of what might be required.

Of course the popular beleif is that Crowe moved from Aresenal for £750k. Maybe this fee relied on top-ups for appearence made for Portsmouth. Does anybody know what the actual amount Pompey have paid Arsenal?
 

Jason Crowe

Originally posted by North London Bee:
Much as I would love to have Crowe permanently at GP I think that it is highly unlikely :

1. He is probably waiting for Pulis, who will ONLY play players who he signed, to be sacked - possibly not too long a wait

Just to add a bit of fuel to this fire, on Goals on Sunday on Sky Sports one, Matthew Lorenzo asked Robbie Earle if it was true him & Joe Kinnear were going to take over at Portsmouth, I have to say Mr Earle looked a bit sheepish before waffling on to something else.
 

Jason Crowe

If teamlies is to be believed this is a positive move by Ron. To be making £200k bids in the current transfer climate is quite bold. Of course it could be said to be canny if the transfer system does hold out ( and that is looking more possible than a few weeks ago)as £200k for a player of Crowe's class would be a bargain.
 

Jason Crowe

Bad news is that Tony Pulis is no longer the manager of Portsmouth - he has been given a four month leave of absence to fight his case against Gillingham. The same happened with
Dave Jones of Southampton - and Jones will not be coming back - I expect Pulis awaits the same fate too. Unfortunately Claridge may want to keep Jason Crowe - and the player himself might want to stay now that Pulis is temporarily out of the frame.
 
Back
Top Bottom