John Akinde

John Akinde

I would certainly have Legge or Osborne in for that game just to contend with this brut.
 

John Akinde

Great. :( I look forward to seeing him and Bennett renew their rivalry (not). I bet Akinde cannot wait. :sad:
 

John Akinde

He will probably be rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of playing against our sluggish defence.
 

John Akinde

Yay! Let's pretend we're beaten already. We might even not bother turning up for this. :sorted:
 

John Akinde

He will probably be rubbing his hands with glee at the prospect of playing against our sluggish defence.

Yeah, We all know Akinde is like Superman or something and has scored 37 goals already this season.
He can uproot trees with one hand and correct minor building faults, with a slap to the external concrete walls....

We might as well play our youth team v Wycombe, as we obviously can't compete if they play this guy Akinde...game over already :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:



In reality - he has had one decent game against us, fair play to him - lets not succumb to fear chaps......HE IS JUST BUT A MAN - BE BRAVE MY WARRIORS - Strike him down with the boot of O'Connor and DO NOT be afraid - We will gain vengence on this creature........



Nurse :sneakoff: :hat: :owusu:
 

John Akinde

Yay! Let's pretend we're beaten already. We might even not bother turning up for this. :sorted:

Oh, of course. The last couple of months of inept defending has all just been a dream! :rolleyes: Akinde tore us to shreds at the back on occasions at GP last season, and that's when we were keeping clean sheets on a regular basis! :eek: We will go into the Wycombe game in a worse state defensively than we did when we last faced Akinde. I think we have cause for pessimism.
 

John Akinde

In reality - he has had one decent game against us, fair play to him - lets not succumb to fear chaps......HE IS JUST BUT A MAN - BE BRAVE MY WARRIORS - Strike him down with the boot of O'Connor and DO NOT be afraid - We will gain vengence on this creature........



:

The boot of O'Connor will only be effective if he hangs around the halfway line in a central position and doesn't move. Then he'll get him.
 

John Akinde

Yeah, We all know Akinde is like Superman or something and has scored 37 goals already this season.
He can uproot trees with one hand and correct minor building faults, with a slap to the external concrete walls....

We might as well play our youth team v Wycombe, as we obviously can't compete if they play this guy Akinde...game over already :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:



In reality - he has had one decent game against us, fair play to him - lets not succumb to fear chaps......HE IS JUST BUT A MAN - BE BRAVE MY WARRIORS - Strike him down with the boot of O'Connor and DO NOT be afraid - We will gain vengence on this creature........



Nurse :sneakoff: :hat: :owusu:

If I may put aside my fretting over "must win" games and whether we will be relagated in November for one moment and agree with you on this one Smiffy..
There is no need to panic about Akinde. David Haye has proved that David can conquer Goliath. Hasn't he also just been injured ?
I would however be truly amazed if Bennett marks him after getting skinned so easily in that game.
 

John Akinde

Oh, of course. The last couple of months of inept defending has all just been a dream! :rolleyes: Akinde tore us to shreds at the back on occasions at GP last season, and that's when we were keeping clean sheets on a regular basis! :eek:

He tore us to shreds when Johnson was left back & so neithe r Dickson or Wilson were in our team. We also drew 2-2. :wave:
 

John Akinde

Don't let facts get in the way of a good anti Brentford/Andy Scott/Alan Bennett/Groundsman's dog rant.

:confused: I was merely pointing out that Akinde is a big threat, caused us problems last season (when we were relatively tight defensively) and I am not looking forward to seeing him take us on again given our current defensive frailties? Hardly an anti-everything Brentford rant. :rolleyes:
 

John Akinde

:confused: I was merely pointing out that Akinde is a big threat, caused us problems last season (when we were relatively tight defensively) and I am not looking forward to seeing him take us on again given our current defensive frailties? Hardly an anti-everything Brentford rant. :rolleyes:

It wasn't a specific dig at you dbee3, although I realise it might look like that.

I would however take issue that a defence of Foster, Wilson, Bennett and Dickson is weaker than the one of Halls, Phillips, Bennett and Johnson (who replaced Dickson at half time) that played against Wycombe in March, which was my interpretation of your post.

Akinde played well against us last year but was hardly prolific aftrwards and has barely played a game this season due to injury - he's not Lionel Messi.
 

John Akinde

I'm more worried about the self harm we seem to be choosing to do rather than any other team or player. I fear nobody really but I'm scared sh*tless about ourselves.:D
 

John Akinde

if he's so good why has he gone to Wycombe ?

If Wilson is any good, why is he with us?

I remember a Huddersfiled freak laughing at a boy who couldn't get a game with Bristol City being our hope of holding Rhodes and Robinson at bay.
 

John Akinde

It wasn't a specific dig at you dbee3, although I realise it might look like that.

I would however take issue that a defence of Foster, Wilson, Bennett and Dickson is weaker than the one of Halls, Phillips, Bennett and Johnson (who replaced Dickson at half time) that played against Wycombe in March, which was my interpretation of your post.

Akinde played well against us last year but was hardly prolific aftrwards and has barely played a game this season due to injury - he's not Lionel Messi.

Yes, all of the above is very true I suppose. Obviously, I'll be a lot more confident Dickson and Wilson can deal with him a lot more effectively than we did last season. IIRC, didn't he score about 90 seconds into the second half, just after Johnson had come on?
 

John Akinde

The boot of O'Connor will only be effective if he hangs around the halfway line in a central position and doesn't move. Then he'll get him.

..................only if he looks sideways..................
 

John Akinde

If Wilson is any good, why is he with us?

I remember a Huddersfiled freak laughing at a boy who couldn't get a game with Bristol City being our hope of holding Rhodes and Robinson at bay.

true, my point is he's not to be feared like some have written, as if Ronaldo had just joined Wycombe on loan.

Now i've written this Akinde will score 5 against us...:D
 

John Akinde

IIRC he was presented with the ball from a sloppy pass from Johnson who had just come on for the second half which had just started and ran through a non-existant defence to score. After that I don't remember him a doing a lot as we battered them into almost total submission before Sam Williams equalised. From then on he only scored a couple more goals and WW ended up scraping promotion after being odds-on, dead certs for promo and the championship. Obviously still can't break into the Brizzle C team on a regular basis.
 

John Akinde

Guys, let's be honest, without Akinde Wycombe would have struggled to make the playoffs. Apart from goals that helped win points against us, barnet and Luton he gave what had been a feeble attack a fresh impetus.

He is not a worldbeater but is an excellent raw talent.

I think we might have had the opportunity of signing him last Jan but we made the choice of Jordan instead - no complaints there!
 

John Akinde

City fan I work with is v surprised Akinde The Beast has been allowed out on loan. Or was that allowed out alone.
 

John Akinde

..............don't care, now Bostock has signed........................
 

John Akinde

Went off after 28 minutes injured.

still not over his original injury then while at BC, that'll hopefully mean he'll be out when we play WW. He's a good option to have though IMO if fit!
 

John Akinde

John Akinde

I reckon he will leave Bristol City either this season or the next
 

John Akinde

Huddersfield were awesome today. Strong powerful and skillful
 

John Akinde

SmiffyBee said:
Yeah, We all know Akinde is like Superman or something and has scored 37 goals already this season.
He can uproot trees with one hand+ correct minor building faults, with a slap to the external walls.

We might as well play our youth team v Wycombe, as we can't compete if they play this guy Akinde -game over already :rolleyes:
Akinde scored his first goal of the season today and then got sent for a slap. He is on fire
!
 

John Akinde

.......................maybe he didn't want to play over Christmas..................................
 

John Akinde

Recalled by Bristol City. :idea: :fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom