John Fraser

John Fraser

John Fraser

He's Fulham, always has been. Never a great for Brentford anyway, IMO. Pretty average. :)

Hope he's well though. :sorted:
 

John Fraser

I love who I call the Bukta Boys who played 1978-80 when I started supporting the Bees. I seem to remember this fella though as a slow, podgy liability. Was certainly no Paul Shrubb, Danis Salman or Barry Tucker to name three better full-backs from that era. Bradley Walsh was probably better too.

At least his 'culture-shock' would have been reversed when he left us to join Liverpool... Oh no. He didn't, did he?
 

John Fraser

He scored a blinding goal at Reading in the first game of the season 1980 iirc. A 2-2 draw, bit naughty on the terraces at Elm Park that day.
 

John Fraser

I'm liking the fact that article is almost trolling from FFC, making sure to put in things like "I've never been back to Griffin Park" etc

Remember folks, they don't care about us, it means nothing to them etc etc Chinny Reck- on
 

John Fraser

Of course he's Fulham. Would expect nothing else.

But let's not rewrite history as he was turned into a very respectable defensive midfielder who did a good job for us.
 

John Fraser

A guy sitting behind me at the Leeds home game last season (Leeds fan) was telling me he was John Fraser's neighbour. Think he lives around the Laleham area from memory

He lived in Chertsey .. next door to my sister ( I know the Leeds fan you are talking about, he lives the other side) .. not sure where he lives now days as he seperated form his wife. He was a London cabbie, but I heard he had fallen on hard times in recent years with personal problems. He was a nice guy. always happy to talk about the Bees when I used to see him
 

John Fraser

Not surprised he viewed his time at CC with such nostalgia even though he played twice as many games for us than them. He did a decent enough job for us despite having to wash his own training kit,poor sod !
 

John Fraser

He scored a blinding goal at Reading in the first game of the season 1980 iirc. A 2-2 draw, bit naughty on the terraces at Elm Park that day.

Think that was the game i was at as a 16 year old, we had 50 or so Bee's in there home section along the side by the away end, old bill moved them out at half time, remember a nightmare walk back to the station, bad but great days ☺
 

John Fraser

He scored a blinding goal at Reading in the first game of the season 1980 iirc. A 2-2 draw, bit naughty on the terraces at Elm Park that day.

I remember it well, a half volley from outside the area that absolutely flew in. Possibly my first ever Brentford away game, I remember going to get something to eat at half time and this Brentford fan turned round to me and when he looked at my scarf clenched his fist and went "yes" . We were one nil up at the time. I remember thinking this is where I belong.
 

John Fraser

I liked Fraser, was a good player..
 

John Fraser

He scored a blinding goal at Reading in the first game of the season 1980 iirc. A 2-2 draw, bit naughty on the terraces at Elm Park that day.
Was that the time that their goalkeeper, Steve Death had kept a record breaking run of clean sheets?
I was in the main stand with my parents that day.
 

John Fraser

Was that the time that their goalkeeper, Steve Death had kept a record breaking run of clean sheets?
I was in the main stand with my parents that day.

Yes, then Reading scored an OG after about 15 mins which pissed on their fireworks.
 
Back
Top Bottom