Jon Harley

Leonardo

Mad blogger
Joined
25 Jun 2001
Messages
8,874
Reaction score
3,290
Location
Bourne End

Jon Harley

Is apparently available for loan from F*lham.

He might fancy coming to the Bees as he wouldn't have to move house or anything.
 

Jon Harley

A panic buy if I ever I saw one...

I wouldn't mind seeing him down here, but would he want to go to a Div. 2 club when he could probably walk into most Div. 1 clubs?
 

Jon Harley

On 10K a week. Get real - on the wages Brentford are paying at the moment (in London) most Bees suppporters could not afford to sign for Brentford.
 

Jon Harley

Don't forget- the club signing a player on loan doesn't always pay all the players wages. I remember a big name player (may have been Ginola?) going on loan to a club in a lower divison last season and his own club continued paying all his wages. It's totally up to the 2 clubs how they agree to do it. So if F*ulham think Harley will get more experience in our first team than he would in their reserves, who knows?
 

Jon Harley

michaelo said:
Don't forget- the club signing a player on loan doesn't always pay all the players wages. I remember a big name player (may have been Ginola?) going on loan to a club in a lower divison last season and his own club continued paying all his wages. It's totally up to the 2 clubs how they agree to do it. So if F*ulham think Harley will get more experience in our first team than he would in their reserves, who knows?

That is more likely to happen if a player is trying to regain fitness or get experience. It may be the case with Chorley. and Burgess and Sidwell last year.

Players who are unwanted by their clubs are unlikely to go on loan unless the club they are going to are paying the wages. I imagine Fulham don't want Harley and would use a loan for sighting of the player before a bid is made. That would rule Brentford out.
 

Jon Harley

Wherever he goes it seems a rather sad decline for a young man who was tipped to fill an England left sided position not long ago......he looked very promising when at Chelsea and very levelheaded.
 
Back
Top Bottom