Ken Hammond

MTBee

Member
Joined
15 May 2005
Messages
44
Reaction score
10
Location
Feltham

Ken Hammond

Ken. Mick here. On way to Hartlepool. What pub are you in. Have forgotten my phone.
 

Ken Hammond

Brilliant. :sorted:

Best thread ever. :yes:
 

Ken Hammond

Who needs a phone?

.......except to use the GPG of course!
 

Ken Hammond

:idea:

Most peculiar.

I love it. :crazy2:
 

Ken Hammond

Maybe he didn't have his phone which had Ken's number programmed in and couldn't remember Ken's number as a result. Maybe he had another mate with him who could access GPG on his phone but didn't have Ken's number either?

Come on Mick and Ken solve this mystery for us :)
 

Ken Hammond

Will explain all.
I drove up to Middlesbrough early Saturday morning. Was with the wife and was staying with my Auntie. After a free breakfast drove into Middlesbrough to catch the train to Hartlepool and the wife and Auntie were going shopping :sad:99 The price of supporting the bees on long away trips).
After parking the car I realised I had left my mobile on the table around my Aunties :eek:
The wife suggested that I take her phone. That way I will be able to contact her so that she could later ( Much later hopefully after a celebratory drink or seven ) pick me up from the station.
Now the problem. How could I contact Ken. Who was arriving in Hartlepool by train. His number was not on the wife's phone as she doesn't know him and I don't know his number. Dose anyone know any phone numbers anymore?
:idea: post a thread on the Grapevine and hope he picks it up. Other wise it means going to all the pubs in Hartlepool and see if he is there. And of course have a pint in each. Was looking forward to that.
But as we all know the Grapevine works and Ken got in touch and all was well.:D

Just an end note. I missed my last train back to Middlesbrough as a result of the attack on the Bees fan, Alan from Isleworth. I don't know the bloke but was walking just behind when the attack happened. I managed to stick him in the recovery position as he had started convulsing due to his head hitting the ground. Then the lads from the fire engine, that was luckily two vehicles back from the crossing where it happened, raced over with their medical kit and bandaged him up until the ambulance arrived.
I was covered in claret and have only just got it all off of my coat. Glad to read on here he was later ok and got home safely I hope. Was traveling home Via York I understand.
Anyway had a clean up in the Ward Jackson. They must be used to people walking in coved in blood as no one battered an eye as I walked in.
Then phone the wife to come and pick me up. After a couple of swift pints though.
Never did see the other Ken. Was he there?
 

Ken Hammond

A lovely tale. Should be in a book :idea:

Well done on assisting that poor fella too. It looked nasty from passing him in the car. Good job the Fire Brigade were there to assist straight away. :sorted:
 

Ken Hammond

Just an end note. I missed my last train back to Middlesbrough as a result of the attack on the Bees fan, Alan from Isleworth. I don't know the bloke but was walking just behind when the attack happened. I managed to stick him in the recovery position as he had started convulsing due to his head hitting the ground. Then the lads from the fire engine, that was luckily two vehicles back from the crossing where it happened, raced over with their medical kit and bandaged him up until the ambulance arrived.
I was covered in claret and have only just got it all off of my coat. Glad to read on here he was later ok and got home safely I hope. Was traveling home Via York I understand.
Anyway had a clean up in the Ward Jackson. They must be used to people walking in coved in blood as no one battered an eye as I walked in.

Thank you for your help on Saturday. A calm head was very welcome. :sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom