Leigh Brill RIP

Leigh Brill RIP

Apparently Leigh Brill has passed away. Spider Bee may know more. A character back in the day. RIP and thankyou for many memorable journies
Name rings a bell, will be nice to put a face to the name.

RIP.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Apparently Leigh Brill has passed away. Spider Bee may know more. A character back in the day. RIP and thankyou for many memorable journies
tragic news , absolute legend. Saw him at Wolves and i said how hes never aged. ?
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Another character as teenage BFC, you gave some respect as his reputation proceeded him.
Sadly I think the last time I saw him was tears ago at Liverpool Lime Street after an incident between Everton and Villa. We were at Tranmere.

RIP.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP MR BRILL.
First saw you being led round the pitch with 20 other bees at sealand road with a old players shirt on in the early 80s.
Imposing character but a true gentleman!!!
XX
Spiderbee should put his Hudds story on !

Gutted about this , as i said earlier he looked fine at Wolves.

RIP mate
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP MR BRILL.
First saw you being led round the pitch with 20 other bees at sealand road with a old players shirt on in the early 80s.
Imposing character but a true gentleman!!!
XX
RIP Leigh. He used to join us for jolly days out on my unofficial coaches in the late 70s. Fought well for the club.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP Leigh.

Leigh, along with Mark, ran his sons (Wesley) football team that was two years below my sons, Hampton Wanderers FC.

Condolences to his family and friends.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Another character as teenage BFC, you gave some respect as his reputation proceeded him.
Sadly I think the last time I saw him was tears ago at Liverpool Lime Street after an incident between Everton and Villa. We were at Tranmere.

RIP.

May 1990 - last game of the season. We drew 2-2 at Tranmere. I was at Lime Street too (didn’t see anything at all, I just remember Villa fans getting on our train saying there’d just been a huge punch up).
 

Leigh Brill RIP

That's really sad news, I first got to know him travelling away late 70s, and early 80s. I then ended up playing with him for Ealing Road Casuals, I'm sure he was a founder member (along with Spider Bee), a big character to put it mildly. He never changed though, always crude but in jest when I bumped into him, another sad loss. RIP Socrates.
 
Last edited:

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP Leigh.
So sad to hear this news. Condolences to Debbie and family.
One of my first matchday mates when we were teenagers. Many, many memories. First being having our scarves taken off of us by Brentford Library by much older Northampton fans when we were about 15. Probably the last time any oppo took a liberty with him !
Then many, many away days and often Leigh would stay at our house the night before and was my mums favourite. A rough diamond but he could turn on the charm when a cooked breakfast was on offer.
Last chatted to him at the Bournemouth play off game when he seemed in good form.
I think SpiderBee is in touch with Debbie and will be able to update.
A proper Bees man.
 
Last edited:

Leigh Brill RIP

R.I.P Leigh,This is very sad and unexpected news for me.Remember back to the mad days of the famous Hanworth youth Club trip to Newport sadly a few others from that trip are no longer with us.Leigh was a true character back in the day and I’m sure there will be many a tale told over the coming days relating to those days.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Sorry to hear this. A name I've heard many times in the past when talking about Brentford but I never had the privilege of meeting him. RIP.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP Leigh, played in the same Ealing Road Casuals Side along with Spider Bee and Bolivian Rovers. Leigh and Spider Bee were our 2 CBs, both characters on and off the pitch. I will never forget a home game against Bristol Rovers it all went off in the bar, coppers we in there trying to sort it out and a light ale bottle was thrown and hit a copper on the helmet. Next thing I heard was shouted by Spider Bee was 180. I am sure Leigh was in there having a ruck with the opposition supporters.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Shocking news. A massive Brentford character. Thought I had seen him quite recently. Very sad. Rest in peace.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP Leigh, saw him for the first time in ages this season. Hadn't changed a bit.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Many condolences to Leigh's family......................a true Bee......buzz high fella.....RIP!
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Apparently Leigh Brill has passed away. Spider Bee may know more. A character back in the day. RIP and thankyou for many memorable journies
Yes I am one of his work colleagues….we were all told this morning ….it came as massive shock as u can imagine I was only talking to him about the game from Sunday on Tuesday as he decided not to go ….as I always look for him as I am lower west stand and he is upper but almost in line with my seat if that makes sense….he was a massive character who would say hello to u in his unique way always would greet me with hello cheese dick!…can’t believe u are gone lee u will be sorely missed RIP mate
 

Leigh Brill RIP

RIP to a fellow Bee ?
 

Leigh Brill RIP

I haven’t seen Leigh for many years. Very sad news. Rest in Peace.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

Yes I am one of his work colleagues….we were all told this morning ….it came as massive shock as u can imagine I was only talking to him about the game from Sunday on Tuesday as he decided not to go ….as I always look for him as I am lower west stand and he is upper but almost in line with my seat if that makes sense….he was a massive character who would say hello to u in his unique way always would greet me with hello cheese dick!…can’t believe u are gone lee u will be sorely missed RIP mate
Truly funny man, made me feel very welcome. Ealing Rd casuals.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

I spoke with Leigh's partner Debbie and his son Wesley this morning.
Leigh was driving in Hertfordshire (working) when he contracted severe chest pains.
He parked up and called an ambulance having obviously suffered a heart attack.
We assume he had a further attack and he passed away in Stevenage hospital.
Leigh and I were good mates years back and did just about everything together from watching The Bees, playing football and darts and, generally, misbehaving!
We drifted apart since the 1990s but kept in touch via social media.
Wesley is asking if anyone has any pictures of Leigh or stories that you could share ahead of the funeral.
Deb and Wes will join the GPG so they can access this thread for info.
I will add funeral info when I receive it.

RIP mate. We had some dangerous and hilarious times eh!
 

Leigh Brill RIP

It’s really sad to hear of
Leigh’s passing. We stood together at the last couple of games in the Ealing Road terrace at GP and jumped all over each other when we went 5-0 up against Sheff Weds. He was a friend of loads of the Bees massive from way back when and will be sorely missed by all! RIP mate.
 

Leigh Brill RIP

I spoke with Leigh's partner Debbie and his son Wesley this morning.
Leigh was driving in Hertfordshire (working) when he contracted severe chest pains.
He parked up and called an ambulance having obviously suffered a heart attack.
We assume he had a further attack and he passed away in Stevenage hospital.
Leigh and I were good mates years back and did just about everything together from watching The Bees, playing football and darts and, generally, misbehaving!
We drifted apart since the 1990s but kept in touch via social media.
Wesley is asking if anyone has any pictures of Leigh or stories that you could share ahead of the funeral.
Deb and Wes will join the GPG so they can access this thread for info.
I will add funeral info when I receive it.

RIP mate. We had some dangerous and hilarious times eh!
Thanks Chris
 

Leigh Brill RIP

I'm so very sad to hear this news. My thoughts and prayers are with Debs, Wesley and the family.....
Leigh was a one off and great fun to be around, always laughing, joking and taking the piss. Many happy memories of playing footy with Leigh for the Ealing Road Casuals back in the 80's... also the Sunday night 'knees ups' and 'singalongs' in the Bricklayers... Last saw him at Wolves in September for the first time in years.... ihe was just the same Leigh..... laughing and taking the piss .... RIP mate, it was a pleasure knowing you...
 
Back
Top Bottom