wanderer paul
https://brentfordfcmemorabilia.wordpress.com/
Leon Legge
Leon does a lot of work for the Epilepsy organisation. There have been stories/news items about Leon in papers before. "rebus" works for the epilepsy society too.

Yeah was in the paper and had a pic of him playing.
.................back to his best yesterday..............a couple of terrific last ditch tackles and commanding heading..........
That's cos he was playing against a league two side... Let's judge him against the bigger boys next season
.................back to his best yesterday..............a couple of terrific last ditch tackles and commanding heading..........
Good squad player next season.
Bit harsh i think he'll learn more from this season than any other and will be a big player for us
Not harsh at all. Yes I think he will have a roll to play and I do think he's a good player at what he does best. But IMHO Uwe will be strengthening the defence over the coming next few weeks and Leon will take up a role on the bench, as he has since Karleigh returned.
I think it's remarkable that Leon has apparently, in the eyes of some fans, gone from hero to virtually zero in a relatively short space of time...probably since the start of March. He suffered a slight dip in form, many players do, coincidentally to me hwen he was playing alongside Dean - that partnership doesn't work, but imo Dean could just have easily been chopped instead of Leon. Here's the thing, Harlee & Leon both seem to play well alongside KO, but not with each other. I do wonder if it was a toss-up as to Uwe dropped out of Leon and Harlee, but the deciding factor was that Uwe was possibly courting Harlee for a permanent contract?
For me, Leon is still a very important member of the squad, still easily good enough for the first team. I think, until he played alongside Dean, he was conisstently outstanding. He is Brentford through and through, appears to be prepared to take a bullet for the shirt and seems to be a good player to have "in the trenches".
Yes, he's not perfect, but if he was, he wouldn't be at Brentford. He'll do for me though. Leon is the kind of player I would like to see stay at the club for the rest of his career.
Dont think its a case of hero to zero rather its more people looking at what he offers and trying to imagine how it fits in with the managers plans.
There is no doubt that he is a man mountain and happy to "die for the cause" however if we are to have players that play "football" then his position is in doubt as he is not comfortable on the ball and his distribution is pretty agricultural, on the other hand Dean is good on the ball and his distribution is far better, amalgamate the two and thats one hell of a player!!
Personally I beleive that there will be some Northern outposts where leons name will be first on the team sheet however I would anticipate that if Karleigh leaves then Dean will be signed and either Pim or Egar will get the gig with Leon on the bench. Dont get me wrong I have a lot of time for Leon and I beleive that he really appreciates the opportunity that he has been given however I would not look to build my defence around him.
All this "Pim's on a fortune" stuff is pure speculation. If we replace Pim I'd really hope that we're paying the same sort of money and getting in good quality players capable of Championship level, just fewer.
Hmmm got asked today if wanted to change my kit number but 32 is now my lucky number. After 3 gd seasons plus roulette.Was gunna change to 5
All this "Pim's on a fortune" stuff is pure speculation. If we replace Pim I'd really hope that we're paying the same sort of money and getting in good quality players capable of Championship level, just fewer.
When was the last time we lined up 1 - 11 on the first game of season.
Well, we'd be stamped on immediately by the ref for having 12 players on the pitch, so we tend not to do that as we're not Dynamo Moscow.
Id say its a no brainer offering Legge 5 wouldn't think you could read too much into this.
If I was putting money on it, I would say Dean+1 other (new signing) to start next season, although it could all come down to pre-season.
Certainly having Legge is a fantastic asset against some of the more aerial sides.
I think Hullbee was referring to squad numbers not formation.
So you're speculating with confidence. I'm not speculating that he's highly or lowly paid, I'm just stating that we don't really know but it has become another GPG true fact © NB.I'd be fairly confident it's not speculation.
Uwe on Beesplayer said it doesn't look very good.
Gutted for Leon . I guess we'll be going into the loan market again for a centre back. I wonder if Uwe would consider bringing Marcel Eger back (still unattached I believe)? Knows what he's getting with Eger, a player capable of many clean sheets at this level. Less wrangling with other clubs, would probably accept relatively low wages and being 3rd choice.
Or try out one of the Dev squad? I think Aaron Pierre and Samuel Griffiths are both Centre Backs-if they aren't ready to step up (to be third choice) now, then when will they be?
For those who weren't there, what happened to cause the injury?
Or try out one of the Dev squad? I think Aaron Pierre and Samuel Griffiths are both Centre Backs-if they aren't ready to step up (to be third choice) now, then when will they be?
For those who weren't there, what happened to cause the injury?
Or try out one of the Dev squad? I think Aaron Pierre and Samuel Griffiths are both Centre Backs-if they aren't ready to step up (to be third choice) now, then when will they be?
I hope it give Mawson a chance to get involved with the first team. He looks a big prospect.
Watching on the Internet their defender knocked a ball into their midfield just in the centre circle and Leon came in with a crunching challenge but for some reason went in with his left foot when he should have used his right foot. His knee seemed hit the ground a bit awkwardly so hopin he may have just jarred it. He tried to continue but went down and then went off. At the time it seemed like it was just a precaution.fingers crossed it may be bruising