I wondered about that too but don't think we were in the division when the Arsenal team won three on the trot so maybe didn't face a team as dominant as Man City.I know this is about the Prem but I was surprised to hear people describe the win against City as our biggest ever victory. Surely back in the 30's we had equally momentous first ever wins against the "big" clubs of that era many of whom had been Div. 1 established for 20 / 30 years? All forgotten now and different circumstances but just saying..
Forgot to say we beat one of the top teams in the world with a near perfect performance, no smash and grab. And unlike the MU game where MU were awful presenting us with some of the goals, MC were top of their game and gave us nothing.Man City away felt the biggest and proudest, just ahead of Chelsea. MC 16 straight wins at home, get in!
perfectly summed upThe Arsenal game needs putting in a box of it own, independent to any of these types of debate because it was utterly unique and bonkers. The outpouring that came with it being the first 'proper' game post Covid, new stadium, reuniting with old acquaintances, first ever game in the Premier League, opening game of the Premier League season, Friday night, live on TV - it genuinely felt like the eyes of the world were on us that night (bit far fetched but you catch my drift). I still have vivid memories of many different moments from that evening that will stay with me for a very long time.
Anyway, back to the best 'limbs rather than best ever Brentford game or result etc. Although I wasn't there (gutted), the footage of the Man city one looked incredible. You see lots of 'limbs' clips online but there are very few where you get that explosion effect where it looks like a bomb has gone off under the stand at the moment the ball goes in. I voted West Ham because I was at that one, near the front and completely out of character, found myself getting swept up in the charge down the aisle like a man child.
Same here, our first Prem match was something special. And as you say, my first match at LR, and me and my son being in the last seats next to the away block made the win even sweeterArsenal for me as it was our first game in The Prem, under the lights and on TV.
Also, for many a Bee, their first competitive game at the new stadium.
All these factors together, can never be repeated.
Liverpool 3-3 game was great because it was full throttle, no holding back from either side and we went toe-to-toe. I remember thinking afterwards that for many of our players, and for Thomas Frank, the sky is the limit. There was no inferiority complex after that for me.
I know this is about the Prem but I was surprised to hear people describe the win against City as our biggest ever victory. Surely back in the 30's we had equally momentous first ever wins against the "big" clubs of that era many of whom had been Div. 1 established for 20 / 30 years? All forgotten now and different circumstances but just saying..
? Indeed. I lost track halfway through writing my response as to whether we were voting/discussing (a) our best ever 'limbs' (b) our proudest result (c) our most amazing result or (d) our best resultBadly worded question
What? She wasn't even a girlfriend!That was a really tough choice but i have to say Arsenal at home.
Even though Man city is probably the biggest in our history Arsenal was the one where we said we're here and we deserve to be.
It's like having plenty of gf's over the years,some more forgetable than others,but you never forget the one you lost your virginity to
Good point. I assume its arms waving above your head. Imagine the lively bit of FFD when all the dads and grandads start moving. In my case it's to help me stand up!Man City obvs but can someone tell me what limbs means (baffled of South Wales)
Good point. I assume its arms waving above your head. Imagine the lively bit of FFD when all the dads and grandads start moving. In my case it's to help me stand up!
Reading away was very very good!!If it was measured solely on “limbs” then it’s Man City away then reading away in that order - fact with added close case true
There was a photo posted here a while back which summed it up perfectly, can’t find it now and I’m not even sure it was us anyway, but a pic of a pile of blokes leaping and falling over seats in a mad heap.Man City obvs but can someone tell me what limbs means (baffled of South Wales)
Thanks, some clown fell over our seats when Ivan scored on Saturday taking out my girlfriend and the woman in front of us. Lucky to escape with bruises and shock. Great to go crazy in moments like this but respect the safety of those around you.There was a photo posted here a while back which summed it up perfectly, can’t find it now and I’m not even sure it was us anyway, but a pic of a pile of blokes leaping and falling over seats in a mad heap.
…………Man City away………….This used to be so easy. Peterbrough, Blackburn, Man City and Fulham (the '92 game). But now? Arsenal, Chelsea, Man City, Man United, Liverpool twice and West Ham (last season) ?
I'm confused.
………… charming………….I'm with stupid, above.