Luke Rodgers

Status
Not open for further replies.

exiledbee

Active member
Joined
4 Jul 2005
Messages
2,683
Reaction score
342
Location
New Orleans Louisiana

Luke Rodgers

Teamtalk .com.reporting apparent interest from Brentford and Shrewsbury in a loan deal for Pompey's Luke Rodgers .
Seems to be about a one in three frontman, not a bad record. Worth a punt?
 

Luke Rodgers

more likely to see my 54 year old dad who had a heart attack last year playing for us then rodgers :owusu:
 

Luke Rodgers

No thank you. Close thread
:imwith:

Doesn't look like the type of player you want in the dressing room. One thing Uwe has cultivated is a good team spirit - you only needed to look at Paul Hayes after he was jeered off and subsequently scored - the players all conspicuously hugged and celebrated with him.

We have experienced guys like Kev, Lee and Douglas sharing captaincy, who other players have mentioned are professional and have encouraged their own game. In interviews Donaldson and Alagui seem like really popular and genuine guys. No need to upset the harmony by bringing in a player who has 'courted controversy as a "bad boy" figure, coming into conflict with managers, opposition players, and the general public' (wikipedia).
 

Luke Rodgers

I completely agree with what people are saying with regards to Rodgers potentially upsetting the harmony in the dressing room but I would suggest that Gary Alexander could be considered a 'bad boy' of sorts and we still found space for him.
 

Luke Rodgers

Maybe the link is to make us appreciate signing Hayes?
 

Luke Rodgers

I completely agree with what people are saying with regards to Rodgers potentially upsetting the harmony in the dressing room but I would suggest that Gary Alexander could be considered a 'bad boy' of sorts and we still found space for him.
Agreed, on the pitch Alexander is one of those players, fantastic to have on your team, tough, experienced and can upset the opposition. But has he had any off the pitch trouble, like Rodgers? Apart from his spat with Uwe over his contract, it all seemed pretty amicable, and by the point he allegedly threw his toys out of the pram he was half-way out the door anyway :shrug:
 

Luke Rodgers

If he brings Wilma Deering with him I have no objection.
 

Luke Rodgers

I'd rather Kenny Rogers.
 

Luke Rodgers

Agreed, on the pitch Alexander is one of those players, fantastic to have on your team, tough, experienced and can upset the opposition. But has he had any off the pitch trouble, like Rodgers? Apart from his spat with Uwe over his contract, it all seemed pretty amicable, and by the point he allegedly threw his toys out of the pram he was half-way out the door anyway :shrug:

Fair point. Can't see any sign of any off field problems involving Gary. I do get the feeling though that when Uwe signs a player their character is key to his interest so I trust that if he did sign Uwe would be certain of whether he'd fit in.
 

Luke Rodgers

Luke Rodgers

Can't see this. Uwe says we are looking for a central defender to cover for Legge.
 

Luke Rodgers

can we please ban teamtalk from the gpg?? close this thread..
 

Luke Rodgers

Only if we can ban Sky, BBC, The Sun, The Times, Daily Mail, Morning Star & swearing. If so then yes............
 

Luke Rodgers

He is ****ing useless.I can only think his agent is touting him. I really hope Uwe is not in for him.
 

Luke Rodgers

Not Rodgers but there is one striker who has been playing for Pompey this season who IMO would certainly fit the bill for us.
 

Luke Rodgers

Not Rodgers but there is one striker who has been playing for Pompey this season who IMO would certainly fit the bill for us.

Wesley Thomas, agree. Would Bournemouth let us have him though?
 

Luke Rodgers

I'd rather have his side kick dusty bin...
 

Luke Rodgers

Wesley Thomas, agree. Would Bournemouth let us have him though?

Perfect fit for us, quick, great finisher, good attitude, desperate to succeed,decent in the air. I would love him to come to GP.
 

Luke Rodgers

Perfect fit for us, quick, great finisher, good attitude, desperate to succeed,decent in the air. I would love him to come to GP.

I agree, the perfect fit to go along with Donaldson and Hayes
 

Luke Rodgers

Eddie Rogers, anyone?
 

Luke Rodgers

Luke (Norris's) Todger anyone?
 

Luke Rodgers

Who is she?

70's tight spandex wearing side kick to Buck Rogers on TV. The reason Dad's used to watch this show with their kids. Hubba hubba.
 

Luke Rodgers

apparently has left Pompey this afternoon according to his twitter account
 

Luke Rodgers

apparently has left Pompey this afternoon according to his twitter account

Waiting in the Osterley Tescos car park last I heard.......... I don't think Uwe has his number though! Graham Turner may have hopefully :D
 

Luke Rodgers

Waiting in the Osterley Tescos car park last I heard.......... I don't think Uwe has his number though! Graham Turner may have hopefully :D

Fingers crossed here, come on Luke, feel the fecking force and feck off to Shrewsbury.
 

Luke Rodgers

Are we going to see a dream double signing of Rodgers and Nikki Bull? ... By Shrewsbury.
 

Luke Rodgers

Wonder what visa problems he had that stopped his move to the USA which is back on as of Jan apparently
 

Luke Rodgers

Fully expected this... I notice there's no rubbishing any Nikki Bull links though.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom