Mansfield last time

TW1Bee

Active member
Joined
28 Mar 2005
Messages
8,924
Reaction score
3,586
Location
Strawberry Hill, Twickenham

Mansfield last time

Remember when we played them last time first up in the season. Won 3-0.
Also remember a young midfielder just signed from Farnborough and making his league debut. Caught everyone's eye immediately. I wonder whatever happened to him and where is he now.
All I can remember of the team that day was:

Pearcey (or Woodman)
Boxall
Powell
Ijah
Quinn
Rowlands
Aspinall
Rapley
Owusu ??
Freeman
Hreidarsson ??
Evans ??
Watson ??

Anyone remember any others
 

Mansfield last time

Cheers Simon C. How could I forget Andy Scott !!! Herman and Evo must have joined us early on in the season and Danny Cullip went to Brighton (I think). My memory isn't what it used to be but surely that wasn't Jamie Bates ?
 

Mansfield last time

Cheers Simon C. How could I forget Andy Scott !!! Herman and Evo must have joined us early on in the season and Danny Cullip went to Brighton (I think). My memory isn't what it used to be but surely that wasn't Jamie Bates ?

Hermann signed in Septmber/October, with Folan. Mahon signed in November, at a similar time to Broughton and Fortune-West.

Partridge and Evans signed late in the season, February/March time.

And, that was Jamie Bates.
 

Mansfield last time

...........Good Times..............
 

Mansfield last time

Was it 3-0 or 3-1?

From what I recall, Rapley scored two then got binned for the Worthington cup game against WBA. Darren Freeman scored the other.
 

Mansfield last time

Yes it's all coming back to me now. I certainly remember an old fatty Aspinall blowing hard on what was an exceptionally hot day. Ref was Phil Dowd who seems to be the only person on the field to go on to bigger things.
 

Mansfield last time

it was my birthday i remember. 3-0. :confused:
 

Mansfield last time

I remember freeman scoring a real belter from the edge of the box and then making some gesture to the bench as if to say, start me next time!

I can hardly remeber freeman, I remember owusu eventually partnering partridge. Christ...9 years ago!!!, where is my life disappearing to?
 

Mansfield last time

I remember Rowlands running the game on his debut, how sharp Rapley looked, how hot it was, the pace of Andy Scott and how fat Steve Cherry was in their goal.
 

Mansfield last time

i do remember that Pearcey made a great save early on.

Rapley looked the business - and we looked like a hungry athletic team against a bunch of tired journeymen (their keeper was about the size Stannard is now).

and Owusu was a monster that day!
 

Mansfield last time

they brought a little mob down that time didn't they. gash, you stabbed one of them innit? ;) :cool: ;) ;) :rolleyes:
 

Mansfield last time

Special game for me this one, my first ever Brentford game :) , was a good start, not much has happened in 9 years though at this club, amazing it took us 9 years to do nothing and then come back, can't believe we've had so many consecutive seasons in one league, o well same reuslt as last time please :) , and bring back scotty partridge!
 

Mansfield last time

Remember the away game more nearly got my head kicked in !!! nice place Mansfield but will be back there this season:sorted:
 

Mansfield last time

Special game for me this one, my first ever Brentford game :) , was a good start, not much has happened in 9 years though at this club, amazing it took us 9 years to do nothing and then come back, can't believe we've had so many consecutive seasons in one league, o well same reuslt as last time please :) , and bring back scotty partridge!

blimey! you missed the 18 seasons in Division 3 until we got promoted in 92!

it was always "brentford the longest servers in this division". it has ALWAYS been like this - and makes me wonder why people like Herting think they have done anything for this club.
 

Mansfield last time

blimey! you missed the 18 seasons in Division 3 until we got promoted in 92!

it was always "brentford the longest servers in this division". it has ALWAYS been like this - and makes me wonder why people like Herting think they have done anything for this club.

18!, maybe i should be greatful for only seeing my first game in 98 then :rolleyes:
 
Back
Top Bottom