Mark Hill

Joined
23 May 2000
Messages
24,060
Reaction score
15,787

Mark Hill

Does anyone else remember Mark Hill, a left back we signed from QPR and who was with us from 1980-2?

He is now the Hospitality and Events Manager at LG Electronics based in Slough and I met him yesterday.

Really nice guy !
 

Mark Hill

Does anyone else remember Mark Hill, a left back we signed from QPR and who was with us from 1980-2?

He is now the Hospitality and Events Manager at LG Electronics based in Slough and I met him yesterday.

Really nice guy !

Solid Lge One full-back who (I think) contributed the odd goal too. Not a star, but worth his place in the team. The Hill of those days would do a job for us now
 

Mark Hill

I remember him well, he had a nick name where we stood called poodle because on account of his short permed hair. Nice guy met him in Uxbridge 1981-82 and we stood chatting for ages.
 

Mark Hill

Does anyone else remember Mark Hill, a left back we signed from QPR and who was with us from 1980-2?

He is now the Hospitality and Events Manager at LG Electronics based in Slough and I met him yesterday.

Really nice guy !


Did you know who it was, before you met, face to face, or did you recognise him from when he was playing for us, or maybe it was just from the name, that rang a few bells.
 

Mark Hill

Famously scored two goals at Walsall in 80/81 season and was featured on the Big Match mainly due to the fact one was an og and the other a legit one.
 

Mark Hill

Mark use to eat at McDonalds quite a bit in Hounslow after training at Osterley.... as said a really nice guy, on par with Salman as a total gent
 

Mark Hill

Where I used to stand he was always known as "strangle" because of his strangle-knacker shorts.
 

Mark Hill

Did you know who it was, before you met, face to face, or did you recognise him from when he was playing for us, or maybe it was just from the name, that rang a few bells.

Funnily enought we were having lunch in a group of 4 and had been talking for quite a while and I only knew him as "Mark" until he gave me his card, and then the penny dropped.

Lots of nice stories followed - some scurrilous of course !
 

Mark Hill

His nickname was in deed.............Poodle

Remember him turning up one sunday morning in Bedfont (think it was near the Green Man pub) to watch us play......:sorted: God knows why.....:rolleyes:


:wave:

He used to live next to my Aunt opposite Bedfont FC :sorted:
 

Mark Hill

Famously scored two goals at Walsall in 80/81 season and was featured on the Big Match mainly due to the fact one was an og and the other a legit one.

Remember watching the programme and my late mum commenting "Bless - he's so sweet." :sorted:
 

Mark Hill

Famously scored two goals at Walsall in 80/81 season and was featured on the Big Match mainly due to the fact one was an og and the other a legit one.

Christ yeah!!!...didn't he lob our keeper?
 

Mark Hill

Paul Walker scored a blinder in that game. The ball was laid to him direct from a corner and he hit it like a shell from the corner of the penalty area.
 

Mark Hill

Paul Walker scored a blinder in that game. The ball was laid to him direct from a corner and he hit it like a shell from the corner of the penalty area.

I still remember that goal.

Shame Paul Walker made the step into the pub instead of the step up to improve as he should have.
 

Mark Hill

I remember watching Paul Walker play for the England under 16's at Wembley on tele...was he the captain aswell?
 

Mark Hill

Funnily enought we were having lunch in a group of 4 and had been talking for quite a while and I only knew him as "Mark" until he gave me his card, and then the penny dropped.

Lots of nice stories followed - some scurrilous of course !

Nice story NLB ;-)
 

Mark Hill

david crown

Oh Yes.......superb finish !

Hugh Johns was the commentator and getting very exicted about David Crown.
I thought David Crown was a very decent winger and was very disappointed when I heard he was on his way. I seem to call that a certain Mr. Kamara came as part of the deal? Wonder how we managed that one, unless I've got it all mixed up? Best o.g. by a Bee that I saw was Stewart Houston's sublime 20 yard chip away to Plymuff. Such a classy finish that Man U promtly snapped him up! Of course, this could all be bo**ocks, it was all so long ago. God, we had some exciting players back then. Was I alone in rating Doug Allder too, I always enjoyed his forays down the wing. Nothing like seeing a good winger in action and we had a few, Allder, Crown, Salvage, Roberts, Merson et al. Heady days!
 

Mark Hill

I thought David Crown was a very decent winger and was very disappointed when I heard he was on his way. I seem to call that a certain Mr. Kamara came as part of the deal? Wonder how we managed that one, unless I've got it all mixed up? Best o.g. by a Bee that I saw was Stewart Houston's sublime 20 yard chip away to Plymuff. Such a classy finish that Man U promtly snapped him up! Of course, this could all be bo**ocks, it was all so long ago. God, we had some exciting players back then. Was I alone in rating Doug Allder too, I always enjoyed his forays down the wing. Nothing like seeing a good winger in action and we had a few, Allder, Crown, Salvage, Roberts, Merson et al. Heady days!


Quite correct sir. Kamara joined and made the best midfiled trio i have ever seen at GP...........Bowles,Hurlock,Kamara ....How many goals did we score that season ? Defo got promoted if Mahoney hadn't broke his leg , if only Bowen & Roberts hadn't score those late goals at Swindon in the first game.......no replay = no broken leg ! .........Who remembers that first gaem against Swindon ? :box:
 

Mark Hill

didn't he used to look like this...

ps. Dear Mark,

Did you ever keep hold of any of your adidas Brentford stuff!!!?

:idea: :sorted:
 
Back
Top Bottom