Mark Warburton

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mark Warburton

Sensible option, I'm happy with the appointment too - continuity is what we need
 

Mark Warburton

Mark Warburton

Coppell has just gone to Pompey with Richie Barker. Although with his track record for sticking things out, maybe we could look again next month :-)

Look at Palace and Reading where he jumped ship as quick as he could, you keep believing it but it's rubbish.
 

Mark Warburton

I thought that one of the DoF's duties would be to find a new first team manager....

In a deep and meaningful hippy sort of way, I think he has found himself...man! lol
 

Mark Warburton

Good luck Mark, my uncle who sits next to him at home games is over the moon and says from listening to him week in week out, this is "brilliant" for Brentford. I havent heard him use the word brilliant too many times in the near on 40 years i have known him.

COYR
 

Mark Warburton

I guess any day now, we will get more bad news..

I bet if they are off, Warburton has a plethora of better coaches he would like to bring in.
 

Mark Warburton

Good luck Mark,looks a good decision by our owner.Just need to see his assistants announced hopefully even more good news. Weighed in
 

Mark Warburton

Feeling smug...exactly as I suggested...good move and welcome Mark as Manager. I was however wrong that Mark Warburton's red and white army didn't roll off the tongue and love the "bread and white' army suggestion. Bring on Oldham!
 

Mark Warburton

I think the reason most of us were upset at Uwe going was the timing of it, not him actually going. I was ambivalent due to his lack of ideas when it all went wrong. With Mark Warburton taking over there shouldn't be much disruption, the players know him and I would assume we'll play in a similar style.

A good appointment for me. Good luck MW.
 

Mark Warburton

Onwards and upwards...excellent continuity which is what we need as the club is being built from the bottom - COYR
 

Mark Warburton

the original poster said MB hasnt made any mistakes, surely it was a mistake to appoint someone who couldnt acheive promotion in the worst standard division in recent times with such a large budget available?
Seams to have a goalkeeping blindspot
 

Mark Warburton

Your Daily Current Bun

May 2014

Brentford use their loaf to hit the Championship .Warburton rises to the occasion


that sort of thing ?

:D :nono:

just the whole thing of going off the beaten track, not plucking someone off the merry-go-round, but that man comes in and actually knows what to do and makes the team perform etc etc blah blah

let's hope so eh
 

Mark Warburton

Good luck Mark, my uncle who sits next to him at home games is over the moon and says from listening to him week in week out, this is "brilliant" for Brentford. I havent heard him use the word brilliant too many times in the near on 40 years i have known him.

COYR

Brilliant for Brentford.:bound:...sounds good lm moving back over to your side:sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

Not forgetting Bristol City and Man City!

:pop:

I top that with Brighton, the guy has an illness that crops up, I could tell you things about Bristol City but that would be wrong, I felt huge amounts of sympathy for him over that one.
 

Mark Warburton

Your Daily Current Bun

May 2014

Brentford use their loaf to hit the Championship .Warburton rises to the occasion


that sort of thing ?
There may be a grain of truth in this. Will Mark have dough to spend in the transfer window?
 

Mark Warburton

I'm happy with this for what that's worth, I trust MW to work on getting more people into the box and scoring goals. The transition from Scott's hoofball to Uwe's football was pretty dramatic, it was good but not quite right, I hope and believe this is the missing bit.
 

Mark Warburton

Good luck Mark. Let's hope the Bees fans give you a chance.
 

Mark Warburton

All the best, MW! Perhaps not the exciting appointment that some were looking for, but a sensible move IMO, given the timing of UR leaving. If PF and AK stay on as well, this will mean as little disruption as possible mid-season, which has got to be a good thing.
Exciting appointments can lead to disaster, anyway how much of our player aquisitions are down to Mark Warburton and looking forward to Saturday
Come on you Bees:bound::banana::banana::sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

In football consistency of personnel is under-rated. Just look at the average time a player or manager stays with a club. Out of the 87 mangers at present only eight have survived three or more seasons. So other things being equal within three years, or there about, 80 mangers would have either been sacked or left by mutual consent. This list is only the active managers so does not include this who were with a club but are no longer. Appointing from within the club strikes me as being shrewd. Less disruption.

As corporal jones would say" don't panic captain manwaring".
 

Mark Warburton

We should get behind MB, and most importantly MW. This is the right decision and I see no reason why we wont continue on our current trajectory. 3 points on Saturday against a mediocre Oldham would be a very good start.
 

Mark Warburton

Well done Mark, great call from MB and the bees board.
 

Mark Warburton

Interesting comment on talk sport regarding MW from someone in football and knows how he works quote " very bright and forward thinking, likes passing football, could be the next Venger"

Would do for me

Many people forget that not all of the best managers took the same route from player to coach to manager with a smaller club then on to bigger things.
Also as was proved by Liverpool in the past stability in managerial appointments can lead to great things.
As I said on one of the closed threads, I find it hard to understand that some of the people who were SO pro MB in his treatment of Rosler when things were not going well and also after he resigned wouldn't hear a word said against him are now questioning this appointment.
It says much for MW that Rosler apparently wanted him at Wigan and a great deal more about him in that it is the second time, if this is the case, that he has turned down a move to a bigger club. That is what I call loyalty.
In addition though I have no desire to open up the argument again, if Rosler really made efforts to take MB with him it shows that he has no feelings for us or MB as it would have torn the heart out his plans.
We owe it to Warbs to give him every bit of support when he comes out on Saturday and show him that we are 100% behind him and the owner. Anyone who doesn't I honestly think should not bother to turn up COYR
 

Mark Warburton

Good Luck Warbs!

Good Luck Warbs!!
Onwards and Upwards Brentford!!
Whatever our views, the decision has been made and it is in our clubs' interests that we all really get behind him and his team.:sorted:
 

Mark Warburton

Hopefully BFC have made a few quid and Mark Warburton seems to be well respected in the world of football.
Lets hope the team can give him his first win on Saturday.

He certainly can use his loaf !!

Lets hope he doesn't become toast.
 

Mark Warburton

I guess any day now, we will get more bad news..

It wont be bad news if they stay as it would mean that MW wants to work with them and conversely if they don't he can make his own appointments with MBs help
 

Mark Warburton

Now the Acadamy at Uxbridge is now up and running and the Next Gen series appears to be over, MW must have a lot more time on his hands now thus getting the job? .. should Kernnigan and Farrell go, whats the chances of him bringing back Nick Forster as his number 2??
 

Mark Warburton

Now the Acadamy at Uxbridge is now up and running and the Next Gen series appears to be over, MW must have a lot more time on his hands now thus getting the job? .. should Kernnigan and Farrell go, whats the chances of him bringing back Nick Forster as his number 2??

Good shout that mate, would be happy with that
 

Mark Warburton

Sensible and sound appointment. When you have just won 22 points out of the last 24 you need continuity, and this give us this.

I imagine most of the press are saying Mark who? As there is no Wikipedia entry for him
 

Mark Warburton

As I've said elsewhere this is the right decision for the club and presumably has always been the contingency plan if Uwe left or was sacked. This club is much better at keeping calm and going about its business than I can ever remember so I am confident that we will maintain and possibly better our current position.
 

Mark Warburton

We wouldn't even be in this league without MB's money let alone promotion.
GOOD LUCK MARK!!!!

I'm not questioning MBs financial contributions, I was clearly, I thought, questioning the original posters opinion that MB hasnt made any mistakes. I've lost count of how many people have stated that League One last season was the weakest in memory, not something I strictly agree with btw, and how impressive our budget is/was. So surely, therefore, the Uwe Rosler appointment was a mistake as we failed to get promotion under him and according to others we never would have in the future? I trust MB totally to do what he feels is best for this football club but as Voice said elsewhere he isnt an unquestionable god (or words to that affect).

Back to topic though, I have to be filed under the 'underwhelmed' catagory on this appointment. I've always enjoyed reading MWs articles in the programme and on the website, so he talks a good game. But again we've been told time and time again on this messageboard that we need an experienced manager to get us promoted. MW has no experience at any level (to my knowledge) and that worries me. Getting players to sign for a club is a world of difference to getting them to play for a team.

Good luck to him though, I'll support him fully as his success is Brentfords success and that is the most important thing.
 

Mark Warburton

Now the Acadamy at Uxbridge is now up and running and the Next Gen series appears to be over, MW must have a lot more time on his hands now thus getting the job? .. should Kernnigan and Farrell go, whats the chances of him bringing back Nick Forster as his number 2??

With his connections hopefully he can do better than Forester, in fact hopefully better than AK and PF. I am sure they are both good coaches but they could be rubbish in all honesty? No one can say one way or the other. Maybe if Uwe had a better coaching set up he would of taken us up. Also it seems Uwe's decision to not rotate the defence and play McCormack at the back helped us stop leaking goals, not AK's coaching.
 

Mark Warburton

Lets big it up Saturday for Mark Warburton and the team , treat it as Chelsea and get us off to 3 points.:xmas::xmas::xmas:
 

Mark Warburton

I imagine most of the press are saying Mark who? As there is no Wikipedia entry for him

Interestingly other managers may not know of him or if they do there is no history to know what he is going to do, or how he is going to play, this could be to our advantage in the short term
 

Mark Warburton

None of MBs managerial appointments have got us promoted, even in the weakest league one anyone has ever seen last year.

Don't even start to question MBs judgement, without his professional decision making, appointing staff to do a specific job & taking this club to a position that supporters can even have this discussion we wouldn't be moving to Lionel Road, we wouldn't be challenging for promotion, In fact we probably wouldn't exist !! so lets get behind the club & just be thankful we have a club to discuss on this message board & enjoy what they deliver.

p.s Who'd heard of Brian Burgess & his team before last thursday, a lot less than now !!!!"
 

Mark Warburton

I like many was hoping for a an experienced manager however I think MW will turn out to be a good appointment up the BEES!!!!
 

Mark Warburton

I top that with Brighton, the guy has an illness that crops up, I could tell you things about Bristol City but that would be wrong, I felt huge amounts of sympathy for him over that one.

They have great fans though ...
 

Mark Warburton

We should get behind MB, and most importantly MW. This is the right decision and I see no reason why we wont continue on our current trajectory. 3 points on Saturday against a mediocre Oldham would be a very good start.

I don't think they are mediocre, they've done well or better than I thought they would, I'm expecting a tough game but hope you are right.
 

Mark Warburton

Well, I wish him the best of luck because it's my team he's managing and I want us to do well. But we've just appointed a 51-year old with no managerial experience. If he wasn't already known to us, would everyone be happy with that?

As for continuity - unless he's going to manage exactly like Uwe did, there won't be any continuity other than the players already knowing him and will hopefully have a good working relationship with him as Sporting Director. I hope they have a good working relationship with him as manager.

Bit underwhelmed by this at the moment but I don't want to condemn him out of hand. He may turn out to be an excellent manager.
 

Mark Warburton

With his connections hopefully he can do better than Forester, in fact hopefully better than AK and PF. I am sure they are both good coaches but they could be rubbish in all honesty? No one can say one way or the other. Maybe if Uwe had a better coaching set up he would of taken us up. Also it seems Uwe's decision to not rotate the defence and play McCormack at the back helped us stop leaking goals, not AK's coaching.

But how do you know it wasn't AK who said to Uwe that we should move McCormack to RB? Truth is none of us know. If they were bad coaches we wouldn't have been near the top of league 1 for the last 12 months. However every club should always be looking to continually improve but it should be calculated changes, so if Warbs thinks he can improve on the existing coaching set up and not disrupt the players then this could be considered.
 

Mark Warburton

I don't think they are mediocre, they've done well or better than I thought they would, I'm expecting a tough game but hope you are right.

Spot on mate. they're no ones whipping boys this season, bright, young manager and have a reasonable record against us - just glad Taylor isn't there anymore
 
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom