Match Day Panic

Banana

Admin
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
120,489
Reaction score
85,062
Location
London

Match Day Panic

Things to panic about today

1. Will it stop raining
2. Can the pitch take a good amount of water without getting waterlogged
3. Will the match be postponed........
4. .........or even abandoned.
5. Will I finally get to see my season ticket.
6. Will everyone be fit
7. Is anyone bringing a trumpet
8. Will Eddie Rogers slice my lemon correctly
 

Match Day Panic

loyalbee said:
dont even joke, there isnt really a chance of it being called of is there

A distinct possibility. If it does this all day there's no way we'll play.
 

Match Day Panic

Will I travel all the way down at no small expense and find the match abandoned... :eek:

Would they announce this well in advance if it were going to happen, or last minute or later to decide (remembering Colchester...brrrrrrrrrr).
 

Match Day Panic

will i be able to walk the whole 10 mins from my work to the ground without going into a pub on the way
will it be hot enough to show off my footballer's legs in some sexy Bees shorts??
 

Match Day Panic

Banana, Eddies on holiday, you'll have to slice your own lemons :D
 

Match Day Panic

thefatcd said:
Banana, Eddies on holiday, you'll have to slice your own lemons :D
I'm sure your man will step into the breech. :D
 

Match Day Panic

The H said:
will it be hot enough to show off my footballer's legs in some sexy Bees shorts??

Glad you didn't say "show off my sexy legs in some footballers shorts"... :D Maybe we need one of the girlies on here to promise that? :fishing:
 

Match Day Panic

Will I be able to keep off the GPG all day?
 

Match Day Panic

will i spend a ridiculous ammount of money just to get to london due to bloody british rail(despite being 16 and a student) only to find the game has been called off?
 

Match Day Panic

The ground would have been pretty dry so it might take a lot more rain to fall before it becomes waterlogged. I would have thought if they were going to call it off they would do so early-ish because of the distance that away fans have to travel.

Not that this has stopped games being called off at the last minute/during the match before. I to remember Colchester. :)
 

Match Day Panic

Will the game go ahead only for us to churn our nice new pitch into a ploughed field and then be forced to hoof it for the rest of the season? :(
 

Match Day Panic

Banana said:
Things to panic about today
5. Will I finally get to see my season ticket.


16. Will my replacement ticket be at the Braemar Road booth seeing as my season ticket hasn't arrived yet? :shrug:
 
Last edited:

Match Day Panic

It's bright sunshine here in South Wales :wave:
 

Match Day Panic

18. Will I get all the way there, then have my wife call and say her waters have broken and have me drive all the way home again. :sad:
 

Match Day Panic

Banana said:
Things to panic about today
1. Will it stop raining
2. Can the pitch take a good amount of water without getting waterlogged
3. Will the match be postponed........
4. .........or even abandoned.
5. Will I finally get to see my season ticket.
6. Will everyone be fit
7. Is anyone bringing a trumpet
8. Will Eddie Rogers slice my lemon correctly

No need to panic.............YET!!!
1. Eventually, this pm, so scrap those plans for the Ark!
2. Enough for MA to walk on!
3. Why? aren't we ready for it?
4. Only if the morgue-like crowd invade the pitch!
5. Only if I get to see mine! (like me, ring Winnie today!)
6. The players from Sat. are!
7. Leave my strumpet out of this!
8. He makes a lovely job of mine!
lollollol
 

Match Day Panic

il be bringing two new supporters with me tonight please let it still be on...
 

Match Day Panic

Magenta

Pop down to the ground and give us a "Sky Sports"-like pitch inspection. Take your keys.
 

Match Day Panic

Well it's nice and sunny down here in Scumpton however, after reading this thread I got a bit worried. :eek: So I e-mailed BFC asking if there was any chance the game would be called off. The reply - No chance! :sorted:

All I've got to worry about now is our wonderfully reliable train network to get me up to London.

Let's all go to Brentford :sorted:
 

Match Day Panic

Keithor said:
Well it's nice and sunny down here in Scumpton however, after reading this thread I got a bit worried. :eek: So I e-mailed BFC
See, nothing like a bit of panic is there.......... :D
 

Match Day Panic

Banana said:
Magenta

Pop down to the ground and give us a "Sky Sports"-like pitch inspection. Take your keys.
and are the covers off yet?
 

Match Day Panic

Hopefully it might seam a little bit. When the pitch starts to break up during the second half we'll bring on our slow-left armer. :confused:
 

Match Day Panic

Its sunny here in Berkshire. Panic over, i've found my lucky green under pants. ;) I just hope there are none of those pesky wasps buzzing about come kick off :mad1:
 

Match Day Panic

So its raining, you lucky devils. Hot and sticky down here in Dorset. Swap?
 

Match Day Panic

can we also have a golf 'The Open' style fly-over to show the pitch from the air and the best way to line up your final approach shot.

To help Nelson, I suggest the fly-over covers the New Road and Braemar stands. :)
 

Match Day Panic

The match day panic is over. I'm about to have my first :beer: in The Pied Piper in Putney before heading to TW8 for several more. The sun is now out and 3 points will be in the bag in due course. :bound:
 

Match Day Panic

Banana said:
Magenta

Pop down to the ground and give us a "Sky Sports"-like pitch inspection. Take your keys.

I tried to get Braemar Bloke to go down there with my camera & get a picture of the pitch for you but he was having none of it. :D
 

Match Day Panic

docaster fans were panicing it had been called of after radio broadcasts predicted the match wouldnt go ahead lol lol rofl lol rofl :fishing:
 
Back
Top Bottom