Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas to everyone here, especially to those who might be on their own today.

I stopped doing Christmas after losing my Dad in Feb 2023. I always spent the day with him and loved shopping for food, pressies and ordering his Bees calendar, which he looked forward to so much; he wouldn't have cared if he got nothing else, as long as he got that! I still miss him so much; Christmas is just another day now.

As the Vulcans say, peace and long life ?
 

Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas to everyone here, especially to those who might be on their own today.

I stopped doing Christmas after losing my Dad in Feb 2023. I always spent the day with him and loved shopping for food, pressies and ordering his Bees calendar, which he looked forward to so much; he wouldn't have cared if he got nothing else, as long as he got that! I still miss him so much; Christmas is just another day now.

As the Vulcans say, peace and long life ?
You will always have the memories mate. I hope one day you find a reason to have a Merry Christmas again SSB ??
 

Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas to all Bees fans.

And some posts on this thread are a reminder to us all that we don't know what others have gone through and how they feel.

This board is a great solace for many. Let's remember that when we disagree with others. Always disagree well.

Happy 2025.
 

Merry Christmas ?

Ah Christmas, a great day until Wetherspoons shut! Top marks to ever threw up all over the stairs in Feltham spoons! The home of some TW8 casuals, I understand!
 

Merry Christmas ?

Ah Christmas, a great day until Wetherspoons shut! Top marks to ever threw up all over the stairs in Feltham spoons! The home of some TW8 casuals, I understand!

Ah The Moon on the Square.

To be honest I think you’re lucky it was only sick on the stairs.
 

Merry Christmas ?

I stopped doing Christmas after losing my Dad in Feb 2023.
Sorry to hear this. One of the reasons we decided as a family not to have guests over today was my dad’s health has not been great recently. Wanted to enjoy today and we did just ‘us’ - parents, kids and my wife.

Treasure the the fab memories you had with him but don’t stop enjoying your life ?
 

Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas to all Bees fans.

And some posts on this thread are a reminder to us all that we don't know what others have gone through and how they feel.

This board is a great solace for many. Let's remember that when we disagree with others. Always disagree well.

Happy 2025.
Wise words ?
 

Merry Christmas ?

Merry Christmas to all.

I might add, it has been effing freezing, blowing a gale and chucking it down sine I arrived
in the Frozen Tundra known as Aberdeen on Thursday.

but watching the 2 grandkids, aged 7 & 9 getting so excited is worth the weather
We’ve had our grandson for the first time over Christmas, after a tough year, what joy he has brought to us oldies today.
it’s been fantastically non stop. Time for bed to be ready to go again tomorrow ❤️
 

Merry Christmas ?

You will always have the memories mate. I hope one day you find a reason to have a Merry Christmas again SSB ??
Thank you :) Doesn't seem likely but you never know!
 

Merry Christmas ?

Sorry to hear this. One of the reasons we decided as a family not to have guests over today was my dad’s health has not been great recently. Wanted to enjoy today and we did just ‘us’ - parents, kids and my wife.

Treasure the the fab memories you had with him but don’t stop enjoying your life ?
Thanks for the kind words and I'm so sorry to hear about your Dad. I hope his health improves.

I have some great memories, like the time he rang me on New Years Day and said "I thought you got me a Bees calendar this year but I can't find it anywhere".

Silly me.....I'd assumed he'd take the old one down and find the new one hanging up behind it! Trust my Dad to not look in the obvious place ?
 

Merry Christmas ?

A bit presumptuous but it's Christmas...

On the first day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....One fragile Brazilian

On the second day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....Two crocked full backs

On the third day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me.... a Turkish benchwarmer

On the forth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me...a giant, daring keeper

On the fifth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....Five fantastic Danes

On the sixth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....A smooth Korean stopper

On the seventh day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....A Ukrainian wunderkid

On the eighth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....A combusting Congolese

On the ninth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....A poetic pulsating Bryan

On the tenth day of Christmas, Phil Giles gave to me....A fifth season at the top of the tree.
 

Merry Christmas ?

Nothing contentious about celebrating the winter solstice with evergreen and family gifts.
 
Back
Top Bottom