Message for Gibbo

Kettering Bee

Bronzed God - Here to spread the love!
Joined
8 Apr 2000
Messages
7,079
Reaction score
542
Location
Should be obvious

Message for Gibbo

Dear Gibbo,

I fist saw the Bees in 1963. I cannot ever remember seeing such a great collective fighting team spirit. You guys never seem to give up these days.

Can I ask to you to pass on to the other players just how proud you lot are making me (and I suspect many others)just now. Let's face it we caned em 2nd half yesterday, and they are considered to be the best side in the div.

If we can keep this squad together for next season, I reckon we're in for a really BIG year.

Thanks again and please pass on my(our) appreciation.
 

Message for Gibbo

gibbo,

i would just like to ask two questions.

1) how aware are the players that they are playing on live tv? i imagine you can only speak for yourself, but do you try and show-off especially for the cameras, or just play your normal games? what about players like dobbo and willow, they must have been very excited about appearing on tv for the first time?

2) could you suggest to ray lew possibly working a bit more on positioning when we're defending, sometimes i've noticed we seem a little disorganised on who should be picking up who, is it worth mentioning? not a criticism, just something i feel could be improved

up the bees!
 

Message for Gibbo

Gibbo plse pass onto the team that i am still walking around today one proud son of a bitch as Chris has said elsewhere.I shall go into work proud tomorrow for my 12 hr shift,but I have had trouble coming down today,I wanted it to carry on until we scored an equaliser and beat the bastards.I was so gutted this morning I didnt want to talk to the missus,i just wanted to go back and try again.Only a supporter knows how this feels,Noades doesnt have a clue what emotion is. I have carried my pride since last Saturday,the joy of Wednesday night and now I just feel plain desperate.God I love this team..........
 

Message for Gibbo

Gibbo, please tell the lads how proud they made us feel last night. I had to listen to Millwall fans on the train home, saying that they were crap, but still too good for us! I felt like telling them how lucky they were, but had to bite my tongue. I'm sure we will get out just rewards soon. Keep up the good work.
 

Message for Gibbo

gibbo that was a another good performance from all of you last night just a shame we could not find the net so will you give all the lads a big thankyou from us all
and can you also thank Garath Graham for taking the time to chat to us at half time last night
 

Message for Gibbo

just to back up what everyone else has said about your gutsy prformance. if you all play with that much spirit, this club will be going places. A special mention for Dobbo, who played fantastic, but also conducted himself with great dignity in his interview. cheers Gibbo, lets pummel sarfend and get down to cardiff
 

Message for Gibbo

Have to agree 2nd half was a blinder, still cant believe we didn't equalise. Dobbo deserved the champagne - Ryan deserved a card. keep it up for Tuesday night....
 

Message for Gibbo

I totally agree. Some idiots in the pub where I watched the game were converted to Brentford based on Dobbo's superb performance.
 

Message for Gibbo

I wouldn't be surprised if we get a few scouts down GP to look at him, Sky were definitely raving about him.
 

Message for Gibbo

I dont think the Bees could take any more squad members leaving, just once why can't things go our way?
 

Message for Gibbo

Its great 2 be reading all these positive posts! since Kingstonian we have gradually been getting better & ive always said that we were good enough just that some players were playing well & some werent but now with some tweating by Ray & Tel,& the players attitude we are a good hard working side,that try 2 play some nice football.
Dobo has done a Brilliant job & he handled the tackle well he is learning from me!
smile.gif
But trust me he wasnt happy to say the least!
But ive told all the lads about this Page & ill print it out & stick it up on the wall.
To answer the question bout the cameras once the game starts u forget about everything & just concentrate on the game but it is funny after watching it seeing Scotty P scratching his nuts at Kick off 2nd half & Gav spitting the biggest Greeny ive every seen,i think it had a pulse!But we will just keep on trying to play & work hard for each other & it will all fall into place.
 

Message for Gibbo

Just to add my agreement to the comments passed. I wathched the game on TV at A neighbours house here in Cambridge. We all agreed that we were much the better team and desperately unlucky to lose.
 

Message for Gibbo

I completely agree with those who are proud to be Brentford supporters at this moment. The way we never gave up either when 2 down v Reading or when losing to Millwall. The lads gave it everything they had for 90 mins. they deserve better and I reckon things will improve if they keep working as hard as they do.
 

Message for Gibbo

When I first started supporting the Bees we had a manager called Bill Dodgin who remarked after 2-1 home defeat to Aldershot that he was pleased with the game and that he had found the right team.

I remember the comment becuase at the time it didn't make sense to me (I was only 10-11 at the time). Bill took the team from 2nd bottom of the 4th division to promotion the next year.

The defeats at home to Reading and Millwall have been a joy to watch. If the team stays together we have not only the LDV trophy winners but (if we dont sneek the play offs this year) next seasons divison two champions. Somehow the two recent defeats have reminded me of Bill's comments.

Please tell Lloyd he was unlucky Friday, He might not have scored but he was in the position and twice got ahead of the defender which is important. Once he gets one he'll get more (Us supporters want to practice our Owusoooo for Cardiff).

The group hug is paying dividens. To further motivate yourselves and us supporters can I suggest that when you enter the field of play that you all kiss the clubs badge on you shirt. If you really want to incite the crowd you could do it publically infront of all three home stands.

Thankyou all for your comitment and gusty performances.

Up the Bees
 

Message for Gibbo

Kiss the Badge......If i score ill be kissing more than the badge.......Ill be kissing everyone!!
smile.gif
smile.gif

But the lads at the club are very close...When i was at Torquay we had The Best team spirit ive ever been involved with & we went on to have a great season......Now we have the same here & its there for all 2 see.
They are all young lads that if the team does stay together can & will only improve!
 

Message for Gibbo

The difference from last year is amazing! Keep it up. I've never seen spirit like this in the entire time I've supported the Bees (perhaps a little in the div3 promotion season, but that was more down to going to fancy hotels and confidence in a team that was flying high- much rarer in a team that is not one of the main challengers for promotion). I've actually started enjoying coming again (rather than it becoming an automatic thing to do which was regretted following another dismal and gutless performance like the end of last season), regardless of the result that we get at the end. I really hope that we can get past Southend in the LDV as the final would be a good reward for the lads.
 

Message for Gibbo

It's encouraging that the players are performing so well and it certainly augurs well. However, we have to learn how to WIN if we are going to survive and advance. We need that thirst for victory and that hunger for winning. Without those it's all for naught.
I'm not negative on Brentford,ust determined that we win!!!!

Coem on Brentford
 

Message for Gibbo

I agree 110%! The unity, passion and spirit in the team at the moment are superb and make me really proud to be a Brentford supporter.

California Bee, I guess you haven't seen the team playing recently, because I have never seen a team more hungry for victory!

[This message has been edited by Edmundo (edited 19 February 2001).]
 

Message for Gibbo

I don't think I can add anything to what has been said already, apart from that what Gibbo has said to me in private has all come very true. That is, the spirit on the field is amazing, and that many of the younger players are growing up.
I couldn't care less how the results go at the moment, because the style of football is superlative, and the combative spirit of the team will ensure that results will go our way.
I just hope that Ron sees the logic in preserving what we already have to get promotion, and that it is worth his money to invest for one more season.
 

Message for Gibbo

Thanks Edmundo. Only made it to one game so far but expecting a few more before the season ends. I just want the 3 point W's!!!!
 

Message for Gibbo

Nothing to add, apart from the fact that its nice to see on-the-field performances dominating this message board rather than events off it. Its a testiment to how the boys are performing. I was watching the game on Friday at a pub here in Loughborough with a mate (Tranmere fan) and he said that we played as good as many teams in the first could play, whcih coming from a jumped up wannabe Red, I was fairly pleased with.

Keep it up lads - and pass on thanks to Ray and the team a quality job, not just on the field but with sticking with us when gravity was pulling them the other way.

AS ALWAYS - UP THE BEES!
 

Message for Gibbo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dan the Bee:

2) could you suggest to ray lew possibly working a bit more on positioning when we're defending, sometimes i've noticed we seem a little disorganised on who should be picking up who, is it worth mentioning? not a criticism, just something i feel could be improved
</font>

what do u think, gibbo??

thanks for answering about te cameras, i just noticed dobbo doing a couple of fancy turns, and your 35-yard volley, mind you, i reckon that was going in if it weren't blocked!!!!
 

Message for Gibbo

oh, and big apologies for not having passed on my gratitude to the players, they have played fantastically every game i've seen since kingstonian this season (unfortunately only the 5!!), and the spirit is magnificent... would like to echo the comments to lloydy, we know you're a good finisher, you've proved you can do it, next time you're thru one-on-one, tonight, you're gonna slot it confidently past their keeper and come and loft in front of the Ealing Massive, aiii?!
biggrin.gif
 

Message for Gibbo

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Gibbo:
Kiss the Badge......If i score ill be kissing more than the badge.......Ill be kissing everyone!!
smile.gif
smile.gif
</font>

You almost had to pucker up with that header in the first half, great result though, Kevin took his goal well, and the same with Scotty P, keep it up for Saturday
 

Message for Gibbo

Great to finally get the right result After playing so well,Kev o Conner play great as did all the lads. Delighted for Scotty P He worked his nuts off & deserved the goal,Marshy for me has been OUTSTANDING over the last couple of months,Gav along side him has given him the cover so he can go & dominate centre forwards,So much work that Marshy duz goes unnoticed But,A player on top of his game!
 

Message for Gibbo

Indeed.Well done all.

Golf Course?
Pub?
Bookies?
Bed(woman optional)?
biggrin.gif

Shopping?
Daytime T.V.?
 

Message for Gibbo

And of course, hangin around here, and talkin to us lovely people!!
 

Message for Gibbo

I bet Evo's gutted that Owers is doubtful for Saturday
biggrin.gif


Well played everyone last night especially Lloydie who played as well as I've seen him first 20 miutes or so.

And I sincerly hope the players understand how much the Sarfend game means to us. Besides, playing at the Millenium can't be bad for you lot.

Hope you & Ivars shiners have cleared up!
 

Message for Gibbo

I think the black eyes look threatening,rather like war paint on cricketers
biggrin.gif
 

Message for Gibbo

Gibbo tell all. Where did Ray Lew and Ivar get their shiny eyes from? Also you told in another thread of how Folan is working hard after his injury, but can you tell us about Del Boy and Danny Boxall and Ijah and pass on our best wishes?
 

Message for Gibbo

Gibbo did you manage to speak to Gareth Graham and thank him for chating to us at miiwall on friday night if you did thanks and if you didnt will you

as for last night i thought all the lads played well and if you keep it up who know's what might happen
come may we might just get in the playoffs
 

Message for Gibbo

gibbs yes i been following the bee for 20 year and that is the best i see a team player as team and it was a good game thankyou and all lads for a god permonce last night aqnd pass on top the lads
 
Back
Top Bottom