Micah Richards

Micah Richards

Yes, he’s probably not the most intelligent but most of the pundits aren’t.
There's some truth in this but it's not necessarily intellect people are looking for from a football pundit, it's insight, understanding and knowledge which he seems bereft of.

I would posit Gary Neville, Caragher, Redknapp even Souness and Keane all have far better knowledge and understanding of the game than Richards.
 

Micah Richards

There's some truth in this but it's not necessarily intellect people are looking for from a football pundit, it's insight, understanding and knowledge which he seems bereft of.

I would posit Gary Neville, Caragher, Redknapp even Souness and Keane all have far better knowledge and understanding of the game than Richards.

Some of our new muppet fans on Facebook and Twitter have more understanding of the game than Richards. The only thing he does well is laugh at his own comments.
 

Micah Richards

...I think Rasmus' theory about the narrow gap between the Championship (or was it top of League 1?) and the bottom of the Premier League was wrong.
I don't, I think he's right.

There's not a huge amount of difference between top League 1 and bottom Premiership. Sheffield United (I think) recently went from League 1 to Premiership in about 2 seasons without substantially changing their team.

Obviously there is a difference, but it's probably not as big as many people think. I would say there was a bigger difference between the Premiership top 4 teams and the bottom 4 as there is between the top of League 1 and bottom Premiership.
 

Micah Richards

All together now ?

Who the ???? is Micah Richards?
 

Micah Richards

I think the way Richards squeezes himself into a shiny suit three sizes too small is really admirable, and his ‘fat sausage bursting the skin’ arms look is very classy. I also think the way he uses a protractor to draw his hairline is cool. And, of course, laughing uproariously at his own jokes whilst Souness and Keane project ‘you’re an absolute bell end’ with their disdainful glances at his antics is what makes Sky so great to watch.
 

Micah Richards

I thought this was a thread about me...????

Thoroughly disappointing...??
 

Micah Richards

I think the way Richards squeezes himself into a shiny suit three sizes too small is really admirable, and his ‘fat sausage bursting the skin’ arms look is very classy. I also think the way he uses a protractor to draw his hairline is cool. And, of course, laughing uproariously at his own jokes whilst Souness and Keane project ‘you’re an absolute bell end’ with their disdainful glances at his antics is what makes Sky so great to watch.
He’s on BBC as well, he’s every networks dream a fat, black, likeable ex footballer who people laugh at
 

Micah Richards

The irony of him using “bang average” is delicious
 

Micah Richards

I don’t really care if what he says is defensible. He has an issue with my club, and needlessly criticises us time and again. f*** him.

Plus, his career as a pundit is only still going strong because he laughs maniacally at Roy Keane and he gives a Man City bias when most of the others support United or Liverpool.
 

Micah Richards

Opera Bee down votes every comment about Richards that isn’t ’positive’ about Sky’s court jester.

Many people say that Opera Bee and Richards have never been seen at different locations at the same time.

Hello Micah ?
 

Micah Richards

Opera Bee down votes every comment about Richards that isn’t ’positive’ about Sky’s court jester.

Many people say that Opera Bee and Richards have never been seen at different locations at the same time.

Hello Micah ?

I was waiting to be called racist for highlighting that among other box ticking criteria for TV presenters he is non white.
He does actually make me laugh but I find myself laughing at him in embarrassment rather than his wit or humour. The way he laughs at himself is kind of cringe
 

Micah Richards

Opera Bee down votes every comment about Richards that isn’t ’positive’ about Sky’s court jester.

Many people say that Opera Bee and Richards have never been seen at different locations at the same time.

Hello Micah ?
I actually down vote every comment that makes reference to Micah Richards' weight.

And an ironic comment from the GPG's own court jester.
 

Micah Richards

Micah Richards is paid to talk and some of it is complete nonsense.
If Gary Neville, Jamie Carragher, Chris Sutton and Danny Murphy said so then I would take notice.
These guys know their stuff.
 

Micah Richards

I actually down vote every comment that makes reference to Micah Richards' weight.

And an ironic comment from the GPG's own court jester.
I don’t think your comments are ironic at all, but each to their own I guess ??

You *do* realise that it’s not about his weight? It’s because Richards chooses to appear like that because he wears clothes that are too small for him ‘cos he thinks that makes him look pumped, right? The same way standard gym bunnies wear tight t-shirts or sleeveless vests.

Give me strength…
 

Micah Richards

I don’t think your comments are ironic at all, but each to their own I guess ??

You *do* realise that it’s not about his weight? It’s because Richards chooses to appear like that because he wears clothes that are too small for him ‘cos he thinks that makes him look pumped, right? The same way standard gym bunnies wear tight t-shirts or sleeveless vests.

Give me strength…
If I'm honest, the weight thing was more specific to Sonofabee's post - but I generally dislike criticisms of people's appearances when there's enough to criticise in their behaviour.
 

Micah Richards

If I'm honest, the weight thing was more specific to Sonofabee's post - but I generally dislike criticisms of people's appearances when there's enough to criticise in their behaviour.
Please don't call Sonofabee fat. I know he gets upset when he struggles to get into his court jester outfit. Although when he did he looked well pumped.
Chill out mate.
 

Micah Richards

Please don't call Sonofabee fat. I know he gets upset when he struggles to get into his court jester outfit. Although when he did he looked well pumped.
Chill out mate.
I am very chilled out. But I will continue to press the dislike button if I dislike something, even if the class clowns want to call me out on it ?‍♂️
 

Micah Richards

I am very chilled out. But I will continue to press the dislike button if I dislike something, even if the class clowns want to call me out on it ?‍♂️
I'm glad you are chilled out. It's the best way.
Everyone has an opinion. The world would be very boring otherwise.
Someone else expressed their opinion which was different to yours.
Was there any reason to call them a clown?
For what it's worth I like Richards. He makes the best of what he has and anything he says about us I take with a pinch of salt.
Try to be nice mate.
 

Micah Richards

I think enough words have been expended on someone who appears to be the honorary clown who's only job appears to be to lighten the tone amongst other football talking heads.
 

Micah Richards

I think enough words have been expended on someone who appears to be the honorary clown who's only job appears to be to lighten the tone amongst other football talking heads.
....yep.... summed up perfectly.....really not worth arguing the toss over..... insignificant.
 

Micah Richards

I used to really cringe and fast forward when Clinton Morrison started his media career, I’m relieved these days when he pops up, Micah seems like fun and obviously fun is good but a little bit a substance is needed.
To be fair though, most pundits were wrong about us during that excellent start we had, said we were playing fantastic football etc, that was just imo lazy punditry using the words of others during our Championship days. We’d ditched the ole football last season and got up but the pundits weren’t aware and hadn’t really watched our games imo.
 

Micah Richards

I used to really cringe and fast forward when Clinton Morrison started his media career, I’m relieved these days when he pops up, Micah seems like fun and obviously fun is good but a little bit a substance is needed.
To be fair though, most pundits were wrong about us during that excellent start we had, said we were playing fantastic football etc, that was just imo lazy punditry using the words of others during our Championship days. We’d ditched the ole football last season and got up but the pundits weren’t aware and hadn’t really watched our games imo.
On the whole, I think we were playing fantastic football NB. Certainly our best performances came in those early games. Then we got several injuries to key players - not least to Raya - and we probably adopted a more pragmatic approach. However, with key players returning and the signing of CE I'm expecting more easy on the eye football to return too.
 

Micah Richards

I don’t mind him or take his opinions very seriously. He’s preferable to Garth Crooks who takes his ill informed views far too seriously as being authoritative.
 

Micah Richards

I used to really cringe and fast forward when Clinton Morrison started his media career, I’m relieved these days when he pops up, Micah seems like fun and obviously fun is good but a little bit a substance is needed.
To be fair though, most pundits were wrong about us during that excellent start we had, said we were playing fantastic football etc, that was just imo lazy punditry using the words of others during our Championship days. We’d ditched the ole football last season and got up but the pundits weren’t aware and hadn’t really watched our games imo.
It's nice to hear someone on here finally say this. Our brilliant football of 2019/20 was great to watch, but toothless against the northern cloggers (and against Fulham in the PO final). So we adapted our game, as that is what was needed to get promotion. We've carried on where we left off imo. It was certainly exciting to watch us beat Arsenal and take games to Liverpool and Chelsea, but a much more direct approach was taken.

As you say, the pundits are still dining out on talking up our great recruitment and free-flowing football, as that is what drew the publicity to us, once the BMW were in full flow. Pundits have just copied what everyone was saying 2 years ago, as it seems fashionable (or lazy) to do so. I would love to see us play like that again, but we'd probably get tonked most weeks and not find a way through against better defences. Lots on here also seem to forget that we were not that creative or effective at all between February and April last year, which probably cost us that top 2 position. Very average defences were able to stop Toney scoring.

Richards is a clown and not worth listening to. However, being 'bang average' is a fair description of us having watched most games since November. 'Overrated' probably not, except for the pundits that still think we play like we did 2-3 years ago.

Tin hat on, but the quality of a pundit on here largely seems to be judged on whether someone says something nice about BFC or not!
 

Micah Richards

It's nice to hear someone on here finally say this. Our brilliant football of 2019/20 was great to watch, but toothless against the northern cloggers (and against Fulham in the PO final). So we adapted our game, as that is what was needed to get promotion. We've carried on where we left off imo. It was certainly exciting to watch us beat Arsenal and take games to Liverpool and Chelsea, but a much more direct approach was taken.

As you say, the pundits are still dining out on talking up our great recruitment and free-flowing football, as that is what drew the publicity to us, once the BMW were in full flow. Pundits have just copied what everyone was saying 2 years ago, as it seems fashionable (or lazy) to do so. I would love to see us play like that again, but we'd probably get tonked most weeks and not find a way through against better defences. Lots on here also seem to forget that we were not that creative or effective at all between February and April last year, which probably cost us that top 2 position. Very average defences were able to stop Toney scoring.

Richards is a clown and not worth listening to. However, being 'bang average' is a fair description of us having watched most games since November. 'Overrated' probably not, except for the pundits that still think we play like we did 2-3 years ago.

Tin hat on, but the quality of a pundit on here largely seems to be judged on whether someone says something nice about BFC or not!
Yes. Norwich have repeatedly shown what happens if you try to carry on in the PL with a style that sweeps through the Championship but don’t have the players to do it against more organised, consistent and skilled teams. We haven’t done all that work to come up just to get a pat on the back for valiantly sticking to principles like some new Corinthian Casuals before going back to where we came from. Our 19-20 team got a rude awakening from Fulham after a season where we got beaten 1-0 a lot by poor teams and had to learn from it.
 

Micah Richards

On the whole, I think we were playing fantastic football NB. Certainly our best performances came in those early games. Then we got several injuries to key players - not least to Raya - and we probably adopted a more pragmatic approach. However, with key players returning and the signing of CE I'm expecting more easy on the eye football to return too.
We played a hard, quick and relentless style, nothing like the BMW year, we’d never have kept that up but it’s was great to watch, the pundits imo overrated us, all said we were safe and even made noises of top 10, I was using an abacus to see how many more points we needed and didn’t get as carried away as them.
 

Micah Richards

It's nice to hear someone on here finally say this. Our brilliant football of 2019/20 was great to watch, but toothless against the northern cloggers (and against Fulham in the PO final). So we adapted our game, as that is what was needed to get promotion. We've carried on where we left off imo. It was certainly exciting to watch us beat Arsenal and take games to Liverpool and Chelsea, but a much more direct approach was taken.

As you say, the pundits are still dining out on talking up our great recruitment and free-flowing football, as that is what drew the publicity to us, once the BMW were in full flow. Pundits have just copied what everyone was saying 2 years ago, as it seems fashionable (or lazy) to do so. I would love to see us play like that again, but we'd probably get tonked most weeks and not find a way through against better defences. Lots on here also seem to forget that we were not that creative or effective at all between February and April last year, which probably cost us that top 2 position. Very average defences were able to stop Toney scoring.

Richards is a clown and not worth listening to. However, being 'bang average' is a fair description of us having watched most games since November. 'Overrated' probably not, except for the pundits that still think we play like we did 2-3 years ago.

Tin hat on, but the quality of a pundit on here largely seems to be judged on whether someone says something nice about BFC or not!
Agree with all of that to be honest we have played a more 'pragmatic' style of play since the second half of last season and TF has fine tuned that to make us competitive in the Premier League with the current squad. Injuries, fatigue and in certain areas lack of experience has made that difficult to maintain after an excellent start to the season, arguably we've been 'below average' during the post Christmas fixtures though shown marked improvement in the last two games. It is the 'overrated' comment which rankles especially from a buffoon like Richards who should stick to his blokey comedy routine shtick.
I guess that we judge the quality of a pundit on a Bees fan board by the metric of saying nice things about us isn't a great surprise we're all a tad biased ;) .
 

Micah Richards

Better weightlifter than he ever was as a footballer.
 

Micah Richards

Very complimentary of us on Super Sunday yesterday. In particular had praise for Frank, Eriksen and *gulps* Jensen.

Acknowledged the improvement we’ve had since he called us “bang average”.
 

Micah Richards

Very complimentary of us on Super Sunday yesterday. In particular had praise for Frank, Eriksen and *gulps* Jensen.

Acknowledged the improvement we’ve had since he called us “bang average”.
We're 11th in the league right now so I suppose we are a bang average premier league club
 

Micah Richards

Very complimentary of us on Super Sunday yesterday. In particular had praise for Frank, Eriksen and *gulps* Jensen.

Acknowledged the improvement we’ve had since he called us “bang average”.
He's taken a lot of stick for those comments on the Monday Night Club show on 5Live at 7pm each week. Hopefully will be eating more humble pie this evening.
 

Micah Richards

Very complimentary of us on Super Sunday yesterday. In particular had praise for Frank, Eriksen and *gulps* Jensen.

Acknowledged the improvement we’ve had since he called us “bang average”.
Well he can't actually deny that we ain't bang average, he would look like even bigger twit. They will sack him next season when we qualify for UEFA League.
 

Micah Richards

Very complimentary of us on Super Sunday yesterday. In particular had praise for Frank, Eriksen and *gulps* Jensen.

Acknowledged the improvement we’ve had since he called us “bang average”.
But still has never acknowledged that our downturn started with the loss of Raya then Ajer.
 
Back
Top Bottom