Michael Bishop RIP

Michael Bishop RIP

A fitting tribute and like so many, Brentford has the ability to bring people out of their normal lives so that they behave somewhat differently. My old man only made 62 so I did not have as long to share with him, but some of my most valued memories revolve around what we (and my brother) shared at Brentford. Sad times now, but I know from your post that you will look back fondly on what you shared with your dad.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Fantastic words Bish

As others have said cherish the memories and may your dad rest in peace
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Sorry to hear this Bish. Wonderful tribute.

RIP Mick
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Michael Bishop Rest in Peace

Good Tribute sounds a good Brentford Bloke. RIP
 

Michael Bishop RIP

I am so sorry to learn this very sad news, Bish.
A lovely tribute, and it is good that you have so many great memories.
Your late father sounds a real salt of the earth chap, and, no doubt, he will be sadly missed but never forgotten.
RIP Michael Bishop...
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP.

Yesterday I lost my dad who succumbed to the vagaries of age and has left us to join the BEES contingent in the next world. My dad was 84.

My dad came from a family of BEES fans going back to the early 1900s. He started life in, as he described, if you can believe it, in a very working class rough Warwick Road, Twickenham. His mum died when he was very young and he was brought up by his eldest sister and a father who seemed to be a rough manual road worker.

My dad left school at 14 and worked and worked and often moved jobs, for a little bit more overtime if it was available at another firm etc. I think this was quite common in the factories on the Great West Rd at the time. He worked as a lathe turner in engineering and eventually became a skilled engineer with British Airways in the 1970s. Dad was one of them people who was a grafter who did all our DIY, had an allotment and was a very skilled model and dolls house maker. He was not a pub person, didn’t have a large number of friends and just looked after his family.

The most enjoyable times I had with him, were the discussions we had about our beloved BEES. As a immature teen, I didn`t listen as much as I should of about his BEES stories from the 1930s on. I remember at his most animated he said “we had a team of internationals, full current internationals as well”. He used to tell me of queues and paying to leave your bike etc at GP.

Dad started to take me to GP around 1976, it was more about my mum working than wanting me to share his love affair with the BEES. Shortly after he took me to the Bricklayers where if I remember rightly there were more tables and chairs than later years and he would have a quick half with a guy he used to pick up from Spring Corner.

My dad was predominantly a New Roader, but I do remember in the early days coming into GP on the Ealing Road and then spending one half on the Oak and another at the bottom of New Road. He didn`t go to many away games, but would attend the big local derbies. He went to the big FA Cup games also like Anfield 1989. I remember him taking me to The Den and we stood on the large bank down the side with no segregation – he still cheered on the BEES. I remember doing some DIY for my mum in her garage and I came across a red hard hat, my dad had written “Up The BEES!” on it front and back and I believe he wore this at British Airways engineering when we were about to play the FA Cup QF. This was so out of character for my dad and years later showed me how excited he was for the game and the BEES.

My dad was one of the majority who didn`t really understand the Noades issues and just wanted to watch the football. But I remember, that at a supporters game at GP for BU, I was rattling a bucket and he suddenly offered to pick up a bucket and then up and down the seats on Braemar Road rattling and shouting for spare change – he raised £350. He also helped me count some of the bucket coins on a few occasions.

Due to ill health dad stopped attending GP approximately 10 years ago. However he used to follow the BEES at home on TV etc. Even when he was slipping away he always asked how Brentford got on.

I hope anybody who remembers Michael “Mick” Bishop can raise a glass and wish him well.

Goodbye dad and I hope you find a nice place to watch the BEES upstairs and I hope we all follow your example of hard work and honesty.

Up The BEES Dad!

Regards

Jon
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Well said, and condolences. My Dad was also a worker, not a talker, but I can still feel him close to me when I'm doing things now that we shared in life: I'm sure you'll find the same thing, it's a great comfort.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP and condolences to family and friends.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Sorry to hear this Bish. My thoughts are with you.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

I raise a glass to your Dad, Bish. Sorry to hear he has passed away. Such a humble man when chatting to him in the Bricklayers and hope you and your family find the strength in this difficult time.
RIP Mick
 

Michael Bishop RIP

I hope your father rests in peace and we get 3 points tomorrow in his honour and memory .
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP. Your dad sounds like a very good man, your memories were really interesting.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP Mike If I remember correctly my Dad and yours used to have a swift half together before most games I think they knew each other from way back. such a big family this club and so many links in the family. May you find a place "upstairs" to join my dad for that swift half again. Memories live forever Bish take that into your heart. I can still remember my dad from when I was three or four they never go. Lets win on Saturday and make the playoffs for ALL departed fans whenever they left us..
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP Mike.........Jon, I am a 100% believer in the afterlife and I know that your Dad will be up there with all those other loved departed Bees at Craven Cottage today... Best wishes and keep strong and lets hope for 3 points for us today.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

I hope the team can do their best today to make your loss more comforting Bish. From everyone at BFC, we send our condolences to you and your family at this time.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

RIP God bless you and your family.

Best supporters ever. Love this club & it's people.

Up the BEES!
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Condolences Bish to you and your family. Lost my dad when I was 21 and appreciate how much yours was part of your life. AndyV
 

Michael Bishop RIP

You will never know what a hard decision it was to go to the game today, but my brother stepped up and gave his ticket away and stayed with my mum.
Then my mum rings me today to make sure I go to cheer on the BEES as dad would have wanted me to.

Dad was definitely in charge and looking down, as he died on
I / 4 / 15
and we win
1 4

Thanks for all your kind comments, my dad was not a headline maker or superstar, but a good bloke all the same.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

I hope the team can do their best today to make your loss more comforting Bish. From everyone at BFC, we send our condolences to you and your family at this time.

Think they just about managed it
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Was chuffed to see Bish and his lad in The Boathouse yesterday.
We certainly demolished a few !!
 

Michael Bishop RIP

A very moving tribute. May he rest in peace. My thoughts are with you and your family at this time.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Thinking of you Bish. Sounds like you only have great memories of your dad. Tell you some thing else Bish, I had exactly the same times with my old boy. Everytime I think of him I smile, you will be doing the same mate, they are still with us , in our hearts. RIP Michael.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Yesterday I lost my dad who succumbed to the vagaries of age and has left us to join the BEES contingent in the next world. My dad was 84.

My dad came from a family of BEES fans going back to the early 1900s. He started life in, as he described, if you can believe it, in a very working class rough Warwick Road, Twickenham. His mum died when he was very young and he was brought up by his eldest sister and a father who seemed to be a rough manual road worker.

My dad left school at 14 and worked and worked and often moved jobs, for a little bit more overtime if it was available at another firm etc. I think this was quite common in the factories on the Great West Rd at the time. He worked as a lathe turner in engineering and eventually became a skilled engineer with British Airways in the 1970s. Dad was one of them people who was a grafter who did all our DIY, had an allotment and was a very skilled model and dolls house maker. He was not a pub person, didn’t have a large number of friends and just looked after his family.

The most enjoyable times I had with him, were the discussions we had about our beloved BEES. As a immature teen, I didn`t listen as much as I should of about his BEES stories from the 1930s on. I remember at his most animated he said “we had a team of internationals, full current internationals as well”. He used to tell me of queues and paying to leave your bike etc at GP.

Dad started to take me to GP around 1976, it was more about my mum working than wanting me to share his love affair with the BEES. Shortly after he took me to the Bricklayers where if I remember rightly there were more tables and chairs than later years and he would have a quick half with a guy he used to pick up from Spring Corner.

My dad was predominantly a New Roader, but I do remember in the early days coming into GP on the Ealing Road and then spending one half on the Oak and another at the bottom of New Road. He didn`t go to many away games, but would attend the big local derbies. He went to the big FA Cup games also like Anfield 1989. I remember him taking me to The Den and we stood on the large bank down the side with no segregation – he still cheered on the BEES. I remember doing some DIY for my mum in her garage and I came across a red hard hat, my dad had written “Up The BEES!” on it front and back and I believe he wore this at British Airways engineering when we were about to play the FA Cup QF. This was so out of character for my dad and years later showed me how excited he was for the game and the BEES.

My dad was one of the majority who didn`t really understand the Noades issues and just wanted to watch the football. But I remember, that at a supporters game at GP for BU, I was rattling a bucket and he suddenly offered to pick up a bucket and then up and down the seats on Braemar Road rattling and shouting for spare change – he raised £350. He also helped me count some of the bucket coins on a few occasions.

Due to ill health dad stopped attending GP approximately 10 years ago. However he used to follow the BEES at home on TV etc. Even when he was slipping away he always asked how Brentford got on.

I hope anybody who remembers Michael “Mick” Bishop can raise a glass and wish him well.

Goodbye dad and I hope you find a nice place to watch the BEES upstairs and I hope we all follow your example of hard work and honesty.

Up The BEES Dad!

Regards

Jon

met your dad on many occasions mate and he was a top bloke......he would have loved fridays game at fulham, looking down from above.....that one was for him ;)
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Nice to meet up for a chat on Monday, brave decisions to be at both IMO and the emotion of the football coupled with the sadness of your must have been a nigh on impossible one to deal with, hat off to you sir.
 

Michael Bishop RIP

Meet Mr Bishop loads of times down the years,often in the Brick pre match,always came across as a throughly decent bloke (there weren't many of those in the Brick at times !!!!)RIP
 
Back
Top Bottom