Michael Kayode (23 Viewers)

Michael Kayode

He is box office but heart stopping at the same time - makes some crazy runs into the centre of the park so just needs to learn when and when not to try and beat 3 players.
I think he’s allowed one of these a game. Just to disrupt the opposition’s thinking. I guess a Pep could set up to invite him to do one and use it as a trigger to move into the vacated RB space. That’d end it if we weren’t wise to it. I wasn’t looking there during Saturday’s game but earlier in the season noticed Dango (who’s also played FB) just dropping in to cover when MK has gone for a crossfield charge. As they develop their understanding of each other I can see the two of them as a pair if chaos engines.
 

Michael Kayode

I think he’s allowed one of these a game. Just to disrupt the opposition’s thinking. I guess a Pep could set up to invite him to do one and use it as a trigger to move into the vacated RB space. That’d end it if we weren’t wise to it. I wasn’t looking there during Saturday’s game but earlier in the season noticed Dango (who’s also played FB) just dropping in to cover when MK has gone for a crossfield charge. As they develop their understanding of each other I can see the two of them as a pair if chaos engines.
One a game is fine if circumstances allow but there were 3 or 4 on Sat and it wasn't doing my ticker any good :ROFLMAO: I love him but there is a lot more work required - his ceiling is scarily high IMHO
 

Michael Kayode

One a game is fine if circumstances allow but there were 3 or 4 on Sat and it wasn't doing my ticker any good :ROFLMAO: I love him but there is a lot more work required - his ceiling is scarily high IMHO
I think Man U are disorganised enough to allow it but agree few others will be.
 

Michael Kayode

One a game is fine if circumstances allow but there were 3 or 4 on Sat and it wasn't doing my ticker any good :ROFLMAO: I love him but there is a lot more work required - his ceiling is scarily high IMHO
You can’t look forward to seeing FTT coming on then! 20% of the outfield players likely to bring imminent chaos, hopefully to the opposition…
 

Michael Kayode

Aaron and him were switching sides Saturday . Is that because Hickey had to cover when Mick ended up on the left wing , or tactical ?
He was taking throw ins from both side of the pitch. If we lost possession quickly he would never make it back across the pitch, so as I see it they switch until they can switch back over.
 
  • Like
Reactions: AB

Michael Kayode

He is box office but heart stopping at the same time - makes some crazy runs into the centre of the park so just needs to learn when and when not to try and beat 3 players.
This was especially evident during the Chelsea game, when a few times he turned inside and ran into a clump of three or four opposition players rather than taking the simpler option down the channel. But just when you think 'bloody hell what's he doing', he'll then go and do something completely brilliant a few minutes later. It will certainly never be a dull moment watching him, and once he matures as a player and learns more from the older heads, he'll be one of our next clutch of circa £50m assets.
 

Michael Kayode

One of the spearheads of the Premier League's rediscovered trend for piercing throw-ins, Kayode demonstrated again why he perhaps sets the new gold standard for the top dangermen from the touchline, ensuring he rubs shoulders with the likes of Rory Delap and Steve Watson.

Andrews' promotion to the head coach role at Brentford came after he had served as the Londoners' set-piece coach under Frank, and don't be surprised to see Kayode's throws become a hallmark of the club's play this season.

Kayode's throw-ins will continue to catch the eye, but it's also worth noting that no other Brentford player made more tackles or won more duels against United, while his physical attributes and tenacity could yet make him one of the most rounded fullbacks in the division.
 

Michael Kayode

Bit of a long shot if the author of that piece thinks they'll qualify for next yr's WC.....aren't they now reliant of other results going their way?
 

Michael Kayode

Joint 6th most take-ons completed this season, everyone else in the top 10 is a winger/forward.

View attachment 60272
Michael's USP is that he does it on both wings during the same half of football....which I presume is a unique trait among FBs these days.

Bit like those concept cars on Tomorrow's World where the steering wheel would slide across the dashboard for Johnny Foreigner motoring purposes.
 

Michael Kayode

Bit of a long shot if the author of that piece thinks they'll qualify for next yr's WC.....aren't they now reliant of other results going their way?
I hope he's not giving up on Italy to play for Nigeria just yet as the bloke who's the current Italian RB is 33 and especially not before afcon
 

Michael Kayode

Michael Kayode

When he next looks like winning the MoM award...can we get the canteen whipping up some Spaghetti to go with a bottle of Moretti (and a "QPR suck" T-Shirt) so we can set up a table for him to present the award ;)
 

Michael Kayode

The lads a tank (not you frank) and a machine. Good going!
 

Michael Kayode

Crazy how good he is at (just) 21. Surely a call-up to the full Italy squad must be coming 🇮🇹
Yep i was thinking, how many right backs do Italy think they have better than Mike, and who on earth are they?!
 

Michael Kayode

So good. He’s going to be on some January shopping lists but Michael, I beg you please
 

Michael Kayode

Bloody brillant and candidate for the best long throw ever for our first goal !
 

Michael Kayode

I think I might be a bit drunk on euphoria but thought that was one of the most complete full back performances I have ever seen from a Brentford player.

Also I’ve been guilty of reducing his runs from right back to left wing as a bit of a novelty but they cause absolute chaos and panic for teams trying to defend them.
 

Michael Kayode

That poor 16 year old (a massive talent btw) may need immediate therapy after suffocating in MK's pocket when he came on. What a monster of a player. Creates, dribbles and just generally wreaks havoc; and on the defensive side no one can get around him. Infectious character as well. Another one everyone else missed and we spotted. Incredible.
 
Back
Top Bottom