Midfield Problems

Eamonnolov123

Member
Joined
4 Dec 2005
Messages
91
Reaction score
0
Location
Ealing

Midfield Problems

A month? I wish. Watching the state Oli was in at the end I'd say we'll be lucky to see him playing again before December. It's Brentford innit?

Presuming Skulauson will be out for a long time wouldn't it be ideal to put Osborne in the midfield. He showed some dangerous runs last night and a good shot.
 
Last edited:

Midfield Problems

That’s a good point you make there eamon. Osborne certainly has some of the attributes required to play in the middle of the park however I feel that the time is not right for him to play there at the moment.
I feel that the central midfield position, particularly in the context of how we are playing, requires someone with good technique (close control) or someone with some relative experience in that position in terms of the decision making required (i.e. dictating the tempo, tracking the runners and creating attacking movements etc..). Playing in the middle of the park is totally different from playing at the back and Osborne would find it particularly tough at first. Osborne would be more suited to play in midfield after he has had a decent run of games in the 1st team at the back.
Anyway I think Osborne is a fantastic young defender and I think he should be given some valuable experience at the back in our next few games. He has that extra yard of pace that we so desperately need at the back. I really think he will flourish this season.

I would personally like to see Griffiths fill the gap in the middle with Osborne coming in at the back. Griffiths has played in this position before and his reading of the game is good.
Second to that for me is to move O’Connor into midfield with Osborne or Mousinho filling in at right back. O’Connor for me is our best player and would perform very well in the centre.
The third option is to play Osborne or Carder-Andrews.

I really don’t like the idea of playing Mousinho in the middle of the park incidentally. For me he is too slow in terms of his decision making and lacks that extra bit of control and technique which is so important in the middle of the park. I really don’t know what his best position is because for me he looked very uncomfortable at right back against the better teams last season.
 

Midfield Problems

Unless Carder-Andrews is considered ready, I think it is between O'Connor and Mousinho for the second midfield slot - from the time he spent there on Saturday, Griffiths looks uncomfortable there and we need him in defence.

If fit, Frampton has played centre midfield, but I think only in 4-3-3, and I'm not sure if he's mobile enough.

A free loan would be the best option, but won't be easy to get anyone decent on those terms
 

Midfield Problems

Id rather play the untried 17 year old who is a midfield player than one of our defenders who look like fish out of water in midfield, sometimes quite embarassingly, yes o,connor can play there but defence need him at the moment after the second half showing on tuesday night.
This really should have been sorted pre-season and now what everyone feared has happened.
We have made a good start to the season but this all could go to waste if we are struggling to make up numbers already.
 

Midfield Problems

lets not get too excited...Karleigh impressed against a virtual Swindon reserve side.

If needed, keep Moushino in.....or place Kev in there and play Karleigh/Mousinho at right back.
 

Midfield Problems

Well thats ok then, but this is brentford and our players seem to take an age coming back from injury, so im not holding my breath.
Marcus bent was only 17 when he made his first appearance for the bees and was a breath of fresh air.
 

Midfield Problems

:imwith:

Centre midfield is a key position, I'd be tempted to move Kev O'C in there if Oli is due to miss a number of games, keep Griffiths paired with Heywood at centre back & bring Mousinho / Osbourne in at right back, a good position from which to gain firts team experience.

But even a player as good as Kev will need a little time to re-adjust to centre mid, so if Oli is just going to miss one or two more games, you might as well persevere with Mousinho in CM & keep Kev at right back.

One thing is clear, with our paper-thin squad, players like Osbourne, Charles, Ide & Mousinho will have every chance to prove they are capable of playing pro football this season. Part of the attraction of watching the Bees this year will be to see if our youngsters can hack it & maybe even flourish at League 1 level.
 

Midfield Problems

Bring back Hutch = No midfield problems :)
 

Midfield Problems

lets not get too excited...Karleigh impressed against a virtual Swindon reserve side.

If needed, keep Moushino in.....or place Kev in there and play Karleigh/Mousinho at right back.


:imwith:

Centre midfield is a key position, I'd be tempted to move Kev O'C in there if Oli is due to miss a number of games, keep Griffiths paired with Heywood at centre back & bring Mousinho / Osbourne in at right back, a good position from which to gain first team experience.

But even a player as good as Kev will need a little time to re-adjust to centre mid, so if Oli is just going to miss one or two more games, you might as well persevere with Mousinho in CM & keep Kev at right back.

One thing is clear, with our paper-thin squad, players like Osbourne, Charles, Ide & Mousinho will have every chance to prove they are capable of playing pro football this season. Part of the attraction of watching the Bees this year will be to see if our youngsters can hack it & maybe even flourish at League 1 level.
 

Midfield Problems

Mousinho i agree did not start well on Tuesday night but i did think he improved as the game went on. Yes its true that his decision making was not always the quickest or the best, but this will not improve unless he plays.

We have Mousinho and Carde-Andrews who play in midfield give them a try.....rather than tamper with players who are beginning i believe to build an understanding.
 

Midfield Problems

Bring back Hutch = No midfield problems :)

Sir, i'll see your Hutch & raise you a Dobbo.

Walsall are playing him centre mid & apparently he's running the show
Thankfully I've found a way to cope with the disappointment of him leaving the Bees:alcoholic
 

Midfield Problems

Skulason should only miss one or two games, it doesn't seem as if he has ruptured his hamstring, an injury which would keep him out for up to six months. I slight strain takes about a week to recover from.

Griffiths will probably play just behind the midfield like a Hargreaves (Owen, that is) thus allowing Pinault to roam about, what he does best.

I like Carder-Andrews from a few youth games, but would consider him too much in the Pinault mould. Mousinho is more like Skulason in his midfield duties (I watched him during his loan with Yeading) but is prone to silly errors.
 

Midfield Problems

O'Connor and Mousinho for the second midfield slot -

I disagree. LR has stated that KO is the best right back in the division and IMO he is correct. He has also played Griffiths in that midfield position several times in friendlies and league games. I think that probably makes him favourite.
 

Midfield Problems

Bring back Hutch = No midfield problems :)

Oh fukk me, please don't say things like that...can you imagine him joining in our passing game? Running aimlessly around passing the ball either into the new road of straight to an oppo player!
 

Midfield Problems

Bring back Hutch = No midfield problems :)

at last some sense....! :wave:

you never miss your water, till your well runs dry !

Eddie Eddie Eddie
 

Midfield Problems

Oh fukk me, please don't say things like that...can you imagine him joining in our passing game? Running aimlessly around passing the ball either into the new road of straight to an oppo player!

you have just described Mousinho on Tuesday, at least Eddie could head the ball !
 

Midfield Problems

:idea: I've just thought of a novel idea... let's ask Leroy what he thinks?
 

Midfield Problems

Yer midfield is the engine room novices or inexperience in there and your sunk. Some defenders can move up and play there but Strikers sometimes don't seem able to its the hardest position (exception Goalie). Strikers see the red mist and don't get back. Did Lineker ever play midfield?

In a croaky voice.... its the hardest game in the world!!!

Baz :wave:
 

Midfield Problems

Midfield Problems

ask cruyff

Yer midfield is the engine room novices or inexperience in there and your sunk. Some defenders can move up and play there but Strikers sometimes don't seem able to its the hardest position (exception Goalie). Strikers see the red mist and don't get back. Did Lineker ever play midfield?

In a croaky voice.... its the hardest game in the world!!!

Baz :wave:

i think you will find that Cruyff played Lineker on the right side of midfield from time to time. but i'll let you tell him he doesn't know what he was doing.
 

Midfield Problems

I think its hard to judge griffiths in midfield as he has only played there when absolutely shattered (northampton and hudd). I'd like to see him have a go from the start and introduce new legs later. Plus, its invaluable experience for Osbourne.
 

Midfield Problems

i think you will find that Cruyff played Lineker on the right side of midfield from time to time. but i'll let you tell him he doesn't know what he was doing.

In fairness, Lineker would have thrown his hat in with Baz on this one.
 

Midfield Problems

Wouldnt mind seeing kev in centre mid with mousinho tucking in at right back. However i think its more likely to see Griffiths in the centre mid with framps moving in and Charles at left back
 

Midfield Problems

I think its hard to judge griffiths in midfield as he has only played there when absolutely shattered (northampton and hudd). I'd like to see him have a go from the start and introduce new legs later. Plus, its invaluable experience for Osbourne.

:confused: Griffiths came on as a sub, in the second half at Northampton, he wasn't shattered. In fact his energy got him to be the furthest up the field on some attacks!
 

Midfield Problems

Walsall are playing him centre mid & apparently he's running the show

Not according to some reports. He came off injured in their second game and was due to be out for three weeks and certainly hasn't been in the last three squads
 

Midfield Problems

Not according to some reports. He came off injured in their second game and was due to be out for three weeks and certainly hasn't been in the last three squads

OK, OK, prior to his head injury, he was running the show (in the first couple of games plus pre-season). The Walsall fans reports I read were all raving about him as their best addition.
I honestly think he would have been a great alternative to Ricky Newman last year & a very useful guy to have around this, although I have no idea how high up he was on the salary spectrum.
 

Midfield Problems

OK, OK, prior to his head injury, he was running the show (in the first couple of games plus pre-season). The Walsall fans reports I read were all raving about him as their best addition.
I honestly think he would have been a great alternative to Ricky Newman last year & a very useful guy to have around this, although I have no idea how high up he was on the salary spectrum.

I think you are mis-reading the reports...when you see "running the show" and "Walsall fans raving", it's refererring to his mobile disco, in the supporters club after games....he produces a bit of a caberet act...and evidently "runs the show"
 

Midfield Problems

although I have no idea how high up he was on the salary spectrum.

Or the "How much a certain manager rates you spectrum"

Wish we could have seen him playing the role Newman was allegedly playing
 
Back
Top Bottom