More Great PR...

Joined
12 Aug 2001
Messages
754
Reaction score
0
Location
Hazy Days Retirement Home, Bombs Away Lane, Islewo

More Great PR...

What was with those two "bouncers" that couldn't count on Saturday?

People coming to the ground early to get a drink in the club bar and put some profit over our bar rather than that of any of the town's pubs were left queueing outside a half empty bar.

Rudolph understands there is a limit for safety reasons but this was ridiculous. Any of those outside will think twice about using it in future and stay outside the ground, losing possible food and drink revenue, not a great deal Rudolph will admit but revenue all the same, and revenue that will add up.

Rudolph even saw two young lads who had been out to the club shop unable to return to their dads inside the bar, who no doubt didn't know what was taking their youngsters so long until they went out looking and then couldn't get back in as the bar was full again.

You couldn't make it up!
 

More Great PR...

I saw the queue outside Stripes at about 2.30 and thought it was odd.

As I hadn't been in though, didn't realise it was only half full.

Have to say, we have an awful lot of burly looking suited and booted bouncer types hanging round on matchdays these days. Outside Stripes, on the complimentary gate (before the game) and also after the game refusing to open it to allow quicker exit from the ground.

Not to mention stopping kids going into the teabar in Braemar (allegedly against licensing laws despite the fact we sell booze from a wooden stall open to all in the forecourt).

You really couldn't make it up. It is possible to "interpret" or "challenge" these regulations you know BFC.
 

More Great PR...

that's in the hands of the stadium manager, who from postings here seems to be not too good at the job. Perhaps if this occurs again someone could alert the club staff to the situation and it can be resolved? We might not be able to do much about the sh*t on the field, but off-field we have some power.
 

More Great PR...

That's twice we have arrived just after 2.00/2.15 pm to get into stripes before the game and twice there has been a queue so haven't bothered.

Not quite what I thought it was supposed to be about.
 

More Great PR...

Why would anyone go in there anyway, it's sh*t. Still I am planning to get to GP in time for 3.00pm now and leave as soon as the final whistle goes, no reason to be there other than season ticket.
 

More Great PR...

Stripes on saturday was a f@cking disgrace.

I agreed to meet two friends in there at 2.15. They are not Bees fans and only very occasional visitors to GP. I couldn't meet them because, according to the doormen, "If we let any more people in we could end up having to call the game off because of the fire risk".

What!!!???? It was hardly a quarter full for f@cks sake!
Because of this, my two friends went to the Princess Royal and gave them their money instead.

BTW, CJC, I know it's not great in there but I/we go in there because apparently the club make money out of it. Mind you have you seen the 'Landlords' Jag???
 

More Great PR...

BTW, CJC, I know it's not great in there but I/we go in there because apparently the club make money out of it. Mind you have you seen the 'Landlords' Jag???

So that's whose Jag it is? Been wondering that for a while. Fair enough reason to go in, I guess it's making the club money, however I'd rather spend as little time as possible at GP at the moment, it makes me angry and shortens my temper for the rest of the week.
 

More Great PR...

Brentford Bob said:

I couldn't meet them because, according to the doormen, "If we let any more people in we could end up having to call the game off because of the fire risk".


Oh dear!!! lol rofl :rolleyes: :eek: :nono:
 

More Great PR...

So now we know what to do if we go down in a match, raid the bar :D
 

More Great PR...

i went into the ground at two thirty,i coudent get into stripes so i left the ground and went to the bricklayers arms,the doorman kindly let me back in to the ground again at 2.58.but i wont in future be in the ground early.
 

More Great PR...

One of the few pleasures of the going to GP this season has been being able to drink in Stripes in the knowledge that your money is going to BFC. Seems someone is determined to **** that up as well.
 

More Great PR...

What with this and the antics on the pitch and vassillation in the board room........Know one would beleive it if it was in a book

Good old Brentford if there are 2 ways of doing things guess which way we will go !!!!!!!!!
 

More Great PR...

Not sure if right forum but talking of PR then the Club's Official Website leaves a lot to be desired.Unable to get to the game last nite I thought I would check the website ....no mention of the lineup....no mention of the half time score...and at 23.45 when I went to bed no mention of result......we are getting more like a Sunday pub team every week....no thats an insult to the many well run Sunday sides.....perahpas JMc should go back to Gunnersbury Park to see how a Club is run !!!!
 

More Great PR...

and perhaps I should go back to school and spell PERHAPS right !!!
 

More Great PR...

I'd guess that's because mark was at the match doing the Bees World stuff and perhaps can't update the site remotely??
 

More Great PR...

So there is no one else capable of updating the site....not much point in having a Football Club website if there is nothing on it about games taking place ....report appeared this morning and was miniscule....not even the line ups !!! Sorry but your arguement doesn't hold water....
 
Back
Top Bottom