more whingers

mhead bee

Well-known member
Joined
7 Apr 2000
Messages
35,942
Reaction score
18,329
Location
Maidenhead

more whingers

Old boy in braemar sat in front of me on saturday.
After 5 mins decided he wanted to spend whole game talking to me.
First thing he said was " do we always play like this, there are no wingers, what is lewington doing during the week, he must be useless, we will never beat port vale if we play like this"
As the day dragged on he owned up this is his first game for about 4-5 years. He then brought up some other excellent informed opinions like, "why do we always get rid of our best players, gosh, Dearden was a much better goaly then anything we have now. We sold andy scott who was a natural goalscorer"

I went on to tell him that andy scott was a pretty good player but only really ever was a goal scorer for about 2 months af his 12 year career so far and that oli is much better than Dearden. He didn't really listen to me as his only purpose of a return to GP was to have a moan.
I said we normally play better in the second half and he said we will have to as the first half we were totally rubbish!!

Oh how I just love these people!!
 

more whingers

There were a few near me in the Ealing Rd end.

Apparently our defence is crap without Marshall. And that Dobson's dad used to play for us.

Their first game for a while I would guess.
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by BBeeC:
And that Dobson's dad used to play for us.

Their first game for a while I would guess.......
</font>

Probably since Dobson's dad played for us.
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by mhead bee:
Old boy in braemar sat in front of me on saturday.
After 5 mins decided he wanted to spend whole game talking to me.
First thing he said was " do we always play like this, there are no wingers, what is lewington doing during the week, he must be useless, we will never beat port vale if we play like this"
As the day dragged on he owned up this is his first game for about 4-5 years. He then brought up some other excellent informed opinions like, "why do we always get rid of our best players, gosh, Dearden was a much better goaly then anything we have now. We sold andy scott who was a natural goalscorer"

I went on to tell him that andy scott was a pretty good player but only really ever was a goal scorer for about 2 months af his 12 year career so far and that oli is much better than Dearden. He didn't really listen to me as his only purpose of a return to GP was to have a moan.
I said we normally play better in the second half and he said we will have to as the first half we were totally rubbish!!

Oh how I just love these people!!
</font>

Why dont you go to another part of the crowd as your always moaning about whingers
smile.gif

Problem is with you cloth flat cap,mac ,own thermos flask and sarnie,you fit in pretty well there dont yer ! ;0
 

more whingers

The really scary thing is bigbee that I think I do fit it !!!!!! help!!!!

I have always sat there and I reckon it is the best seat in the house. I am bang on the half way line, I have an unobstructed view and a post on my left to lean on so I don't have to talk to anyone there. If I step over my seat it is only a few paces away from the bar!

I must say that I find most of these people anywhere I go and it is 100% better than when I had a seat on the NR at start of the season. The bloke behind me was constantly whining in a very high pitched voice and his 6 year old kept shouting "dad, dad, dad," and swearing in an equaly high pitched voice. I came home from the ground with a fierce temper that was threatening my marriage. Now I have moved I get a few moaners but my home life is back to normal I am pleased to say.
You get moaners at every ground in the country!!
 

more whingers

Hate to say it but we are all entitled too our views (it wasnt me by the way!!!). I just hope the moaning so and so's paid to watch!
I thought it was funny against Sarfend the number of people who hadnt a clue who the players were...some of them must have thought Deano was still in the team!
Joking asisde we just need as many as possible through the turnstyles - and getting behind the team. Not long 'til thwe big one!
 

more whingers

Then stand in the Ealing Rd, surely the best part of the ground for the most enlighted and knowledgeable supporters?
 

more whingers

this is the best i can remember the bees since early 96/97 season, thats 5 years ago! so i got no reason to complain

[This message has been edited by lewis_ricardo (edited 02 April 2001).]
 

more whingers

Shouldn't we be pleased that some of our supporters are returning to Griffin Park and that our attendance is on the way up?
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Stanley:
Then stand in the Ealing Rd, surely the best part of the ground for the most enlighted and knowledgeable supporters?</font>

Agree. I haven't heard any moaning for ages. well, not at Griffin Park you understand...
 

more whingers

Christ , sorry I spoke!!!
This old boy came back after 5 years and took 5 mins to announce we were crap, RL is useless, dearden is better than oli and we shouldn't have let him go and it was much better in 1945 when he stood in the ealing new road corner with 37K others. Owusu is useless, we can't pass and we will not be able to beat PV as we are not good enough!
I think he can stay at home next time!!!!!
 

more whingers

MY WHINGE

Is there nothing else in football fans lives apart from football,the people i know are all football mad and know all the ins and outs of a ducks a*** about every player and
every team.

I know very little about football (not being involved in that scene)and lose interest abit when someone goes on about how good someone was playing whoever the other day.

What makes people who know alot about their favourite team or football in general anymore entitled to go along to a match and not expect to be next to a bloke who fancies a whinge - these people are everywhere!.

ME NOT BEING ONE.

I know very little about football and the first time i took my kids to watch "The Bees" it was great, but the next time i go if they are crap then their crap and i would keep my opinions to myself.

You must have a sign on you saying "Weird people talk to me ".

PS: Why didn't you just tell him to shut the F*** up.

Have a great day.
 

more whingers

I can defend Mhead Bee on this one, as from your description of where you sit, I think I'm the bloke that sits in the row in front of you, just to your left (in front of the pillar). I did have an ear trained on your conversation with some amusement and I was just glad the old boy hadn't picked on me! Generally around my area of 'D' Block it's pretty much whinger-free, although it is populated by about 80% old boys (I sit there as it's where my Brother and Dad have always sat), but on this occassion I remember thinking "I see what people on the Grapevine mean about some moaners". Telling him to "Shut the f*** up" would have been out of order in the situation, and well done Mhead Bee for actually answering the guy's questions politely.
wink.gif
Maybe you talked him into coming back and sitting there regularly!
 

more whingers

In all of the many years I have been to games at GP, whinging seems a part of the package! There was a patch in the 70's when we were scoring 4 and 5 goals a game, guy behind me at a game after one bad pass said"same old Brentford". I agree with Maidenhead Bee that it is a pain but it has always been there and always will be.
 

more whingers

Coojee, say hello next time.
I am always sitting next to a really old boy on my right who says "oh dear oh dear bees" everytime we misplace a pass, but its only cos he panicks everytime and thinks we are going to lose. He is as sharp as anything and never misses a trick and cheers his head of when we score. In fact, one of the stewards always gets him a half time cuppa and he always gets a doggy bag from the hospitality suite!
Whenever we score he always asked me who scored and cos hes quite deaf he never hears what I say and just nods. He always has a laugh..that is what being an old bloke is all about!!
 

more whingers

When I first came to GP in the 60s the New Road was populated entirely by flat-capped old geezers who moaned throughout the match. Of course there was plenty to complain about in those days but then these old codgers had probably seen us in the first division so perhaps they could be excused on compassionate grounds. In those days you could guarantee that if a slow handclap started it would originate on the New Road.
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wise old Bee:
In those days you could guarantee that if a slow handclap started it would originate on the New Road.</font>

The old slow hand clap, I'd forgotton about those.
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Wise old Bee:
When I first came to GP in the 60s the New Road was populated entirely by flat-capped old geezers who moaned throughout the match. Of course there was plenty to complain about in those days but then these old codgers had probably seen us in the first division so perhaps they could be excused on compassionate grounds. In those days you could guarantee that if a slow handclap started it would originate on the New Road.</font>

DURING THE WAR !
 

more whingers

Mhead Bee - I'll say hello next time then! Or I might deliberately not turn up to the next home game so you have an embarrassing moment talking to a complete stranger who just happens to sit in my seat.
wink.gif


The old boy you sit next to is Mr.Axby. If I remember rightly he's about 92 now, as a couple of seasons ago when he hit 90, the club presented him with a replica shirt with "Axby 90" on the back. In something like the 1920's he used to be President of the Brentford Supporters club too. From what I've seen he still comes to all the home games on his own, and looks pretty sprightly for 92. Quite a character!
 

more whingers

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by 'Ayes B:
The old slow hand clap, I'd forgotton about those. </font>

Don't they have these anymore????

Very effective way of the crowd letting the team / ref / timewaster etc, know how they felt.

Spose it went out about the same time as the football rattle.................
smile.gif
 

more whingers

Me and my Dad have been seaon ticket holders for a number of years now, and to be honest he is the biggest whinger of them all and he especially got it in for Paul Evans. Practicaly after each touch he makes I hear the cry of 'BLOODY EVANS!'. But to top this he hardly ever gives any of the players much credit he only moans when they do something wrong. The one thing I want to know if anyone else here hears him moaning within Block B of Bramear!
 
Back
Top Bottom